barbarians get the short end of the stick?

Lulucthulu - Heavens Tear
Lulucthulu - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Barbarian
Disclaimer: I was not sure where to put this. I'f I'm wrong place it wherever desired.

First, I'd like to say, love the game. I'm still quite new and am eager see what awaits at each new level. Customisation of the chariters is awesome with one exception:

I noticed that when it comes to customizing, barbarians got very little. They seem to get eye color, head thickness and overall body shape. Nothing near what the other classes get. No skin/fur coloring and you can't mess with the face enough,( well you can make thier heads look squashed, not a favorable option).
You get to turn into a white tiger which is cool if you chose a Tiger but, if you chose a wolf, lion or panda,(still think they should have thrown a kodiak in there) you turn into a tiger. I'd want a a great, big wolf/Panda/Lion if I chose that. I'm sure I am not alone in thinking it would rock to see big Bears, Lions and Wolves running around.
I'll share that the Werefox suffers this too.

Just wondering if any of this stands a chance of coming about?
Post edited by Lulucthulu - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Monarch - Lost City
    Monarch - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well I hate to tell you this but no one that views this forum wil have the ability to add that code. Only if the original version adds this will any other version see that enhancement. But I do agree, some change would be nice.
    It takes a big man to cry, but a bigger man to laugh at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Outlaw
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The only thing that bothers me is that all the different types transform into a white tiger, I think it would be awesome if wolves turned into a wolf, pandas into a panda etc.

Although I like playing as a tiger anyways so my transformation works.

I don't really care about the customizability of the characters, just cause I'm not the type that would change the colours of fur or w/e cause I like them the way they are.

Then again it would be pretty cool to see some stangely coloured Barbs running around.
  • Lulucthulu - Heavens Tear
    Lulucthulu - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Oh, I never said They would or we could just, it would be cool.
  • lordofwolves
    lordofwolves Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i agree im going 2 be either a wolf barb or a lion barb and i would like 2 change the fur color a bit, and i dont really like the lion skin/fur collor and it would be cool to customise it a bit more. i agree that bears would be cool
  • vge
    vge Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Yeah it does really suck that this class gets the short end of the stick in really every way in this game. How about letting us transform into something besides a tiger. At least allow us to change colors. Basically the Barbarian class all look the same. It really sucks. You can even see your head gear.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I don't know about customizing skin colour. I'm pretty sure I'd hate seeing blue lions running about b:laugh

Although I will agree that more character customization would be a good thing. At least in shape and sizes of features. And yes that green lion with the red mane's got to change.

And a definite YES to transform skill transforming a barb into a 'true' beast form. Wolves should be wolves and lions should be lions. Some say that they couldn't animate bears running, well I see polar bear mounts running all the time.

The only reason I made my barb a tiger (and deleted my level 6 wolf) is because it felt so silly being a wolf and having to run around looking like a tiger.

Also I think the white tiger would look cooler without the flames from its feet (trying hard to convince myself its the dust I'm kicking up as I go b:chuckle) and with shining green eyes instead of red.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • newlook
    newlook Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yeah,it would be awesome if that could be available,since barbarian are the least wanted class and most people juz hate them, they should have this to make the game more even.I also hope that each animal have different stats.that WOULD be cool. HEARD THAT GM?
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    who hates werebeasts? Everyone loves them in a party 0__0
  • The ferenczy - Sanctuary
    The ferenczy - Sanctuary Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    every one like a barbarian........

to get the beat to a bloody pulp while protecting thier frail selves. but then on a solo quest it's "whoops i'm sorry did i steal your kill?"
    one day the world will shout to me save us....
    and i will whisper no.
  • Epical - Sanctuary
    Epical - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Customization, we do get the short end of the stick, but that is really more of a personal preferance. I honestly don't mind it, however that doesn't mean I wouldn't support new transformation forms, or higher customization. I would much rather prefer varried Tiger Form looks, to resemble your armor. Because a lvl 105 in Tiger Form, looks just as lame/bada** as a lvl 9 in Tiger Form. T_T