NPCs attacking in safe zone

Gwynnavier - Sanctuary
Gwynnavier - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Suggestion Box
Why do the towns say they are safe zones if a NPC can attack and kill you? I just got attacked by Crimson Cockatrice and was killed, lost exp. and am not happy about this because I thought I was in a safe zone as it says when I enetered the town. So heres one for you programmers, do not put a Entering Safe Zone message when it actually is not, that tells a person they are safe, they can leave their character there without any fears of anything happen to it. I am extremely disappionted and have found out this has happened to other people in the game also. Its a shame that this can happen. I hope this gets changed!b:angry
Post edited by Gwynnavier - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    Altihnkai - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    same @ sumor camp... got killed couse of mobs in safe zone
  • Cordent - Sanctuary
    Cordent - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I agree it's misleading, but 'Safe Zone' actually has nothing to do with mobs ...

What it means is you can't be attacked by another player ... which is meaningless for most PvE players, but still relevant for some, so it still needs to be stated. Possibly they could change the name to 'PK Safe Zone' though.
  • Baium - Heavens Tear
    Baium - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Worse is when you get a Mob boss going to a safe zone...multiple deaths occur.
    This needs to be stamped on heavily.
    NPC's should be given the same rules of conduct as players, not have unfair advantages.
    I got chased back to Silver Pool village by Florafang once and she killed me there, right where the tailor and blacksmith is...that's right in the middle of a safe zone!!!
    I've played on one other game similar to this and safe zones were exactly that....npc's trying to go there were annailated or they turned back.
    NPC turning back happens most of the time on here when you get to a safe zone, but not always, which leads me to believe it's a broken game mechanic....it needs fixing. :-/
    Also seen idiots lead Farng to Orchid Temple, seemingly intentional...and Dismal Shade to the start of the Secret Passage (the slaughter was unbelievable).
    Generally, the game is great...but there are things like this which take the fun out of it.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    NPC's should be given the same rules of conduct as players, not have unfair advantages.
    I got chased back to Silver Pool village by Florafang once and she killed me there, right where the tailor and blacksmith is...that's right in the middle of a safe zone!!!
    I've played on one other game similar to this and safe zones were exactly that....npc's trying to go there were annailated or they turned back.
    NPC turning back happens most of the time on here when you get to a safe zone, but not always, which leads me to believe it's a broken game mechanic....it needs fixing. :-/
    Also seen idiots lead Farng to Orchid Temple, seemingly intentional...and Dismal Shade to the start of the Secret Passage (the slaughter was unbelievable).
    Generally, the game is great...but there are things like this which take the fun out of it.

Uh... why didn't you fly?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008

thats like spawning baium in goddard hmm ;) (with ur name u should get it haha =p )
  • Tara - Lost City
    Tara - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    people actually drag super bosses into town in Lost City all the time to kill many others on purpose gotta love those safe zones....
  • Jetblaze - Heavens Tear
    Jetblaze - Heavens Tear Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i think something should be done beacuse i am a barb it takes a long time to lvl up i was real mad that day when i left for just ten min while my barb was in swiftwind village can back my and other people dead killed by the adulwolf elder lost all of my hard earned expb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baium - Heavens Tear
    Baium - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    yeah I get it, Altihnkai...lol :-)

As for flying, at the time I don't think I was able to fly, and that's the problem...this affects all players of any level. Plus NPCs can target you automaticly, it isn't line of sight based....jumping around like a **** in a space suit may work on games like Halo 3....but on an rpg it's pretty pointless...lol. The only real chance you have is to outrun the npc (which I tried to do) and even that isn't entirely fool proof (I've seen an npc "teleport" next to a player before and kill them in a safe zone).
    As for places like where Dismal Shade is...you can't fly in there...heh...you'll only manage a little hop. And it's an enclosed space anyways.
    Players have rules, so should NPCs...and the penalty for an NPC breaking the rules should be instant death.
    I can see how that could be exploited by players luring boss NPCs and the like to safe zones for easy killing. However, it should be possible to impliment a system where if the NPC dies in the safe zone it's a "no kill" - ie. no one gets the benefit of the kill, it's simply there to keep the NPCs in line.
    At the end of the day a safe zone should be exactly that...a safe zone. I don't see a problem with that, and I believe a lot of players would be relieved if that was implimented.

To further prove the radiculousness of this safe zone exploit that NPCs have, I was in Hidden Orchid as my She Hulk character yesterday...was afk on one of the back roofs of the village there....came back and my character was dead, where's the justice in that?....I wasn't even being chased by any mobs, didn't attack any either.

And to add...NPCs don't have feelings...players do, so even more reason why an NPC shouldn't be cut any slack with exploits and cheat tactics. (If a GM could spank Florafang and Dismal Shade for me while I watch that would also be a bonus...lol).
  • Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    jumping does help if ya after that climb on ya mount nd fly up high ^^ then ya dont have to run through all the mobs in that area to outrun em ;)
  • Rowlin - Lost City
    Rowlin - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I agree that safe zone should mean safe zone. I myself have had Florafang chase me clean through Silverpool and with it being a ranged attacked NPC it could get me when I dived into the water hoping to outdistance it. Another thing is why can NPC's target you through walls? I have had a few confused moments in a dungeon where I was being attacked but couldn't find out what because it was on the other side of the wall hitting me with ranged attacks. Wait a minute! I can't hit it through the walls why can it hit me? What ever happened to run around the corner and be safe so long as another NPC wasn't there waiting for you? Please whoever, either fix these problems or give a warning about it. "Entering possible safe zone."