The "Final Blow" and Ability Interruption

Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Suggestion Box
I have noticed something that's starting to irk me.

This is what I guess I'll call "the final blow." This is usually the final act a NPC/MOB character does usually before the entire move is initialized.

For example, lets say you're killing Taurox Assassins, just as you manage to kill the beastie, it was in the first part of a swing, but as soon as it is rendered dead, the program instantly hits you with the incomplete swing. This can get really bothersome as these creatures have a decent heft behind each whack.

I've died many a time form this, and yet to see a PC do this. As far as I have seen, the PC, when he/she dies, the move they he/she was in the middle of is canceled.

Also, I was wondering, is it possible for a PC to interrupt a MOB in the middle of a spell/ability. I often times get interrupted whilst casting Plume Shot. If I can be interrupted, I'd like to know if my quarry can be interrupted as well.
"Everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it." -Publius Syrius

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    Altihnkai - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    been interrupting them plenty times nd the whole idea you get of mobs killing you with their last breath.. have no idea where you get that from cuz when their casting at me nd i kill them they just fall dead no dmg taken on my side..
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    those mobs usually dun hit that much at end, but i found one mob that puts reflect skill on itself before it dies, most dmg they did was 1008 when i have only 1300hp, so there is still chance to kill myself if i do max crit dmg to them or i dun have full hp
    so if u see that they use reflect skill, try find others mobs to grind at
  • Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    have no idea where you get that from cuz when their casting at me nd i kill them they just fall dead no dmg taken on my side..

Well, if I said I've seen it happen and experienced it myself, how would you feel? I think you might not not notice being a melee class character.

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    those mobs usually dun hit that much at end, but i found one mob that puts reflect skill on itself before it dies, most dmg they did was 1008 when i have only 1300hp, so there is still chance to kill myself if i do max crit dmg to them or i dun have full hp
    so if u see that they use reflect skill, try find others mobs to grind at

Taurox Assassins are a pure physical mod used for an example. It shoudl also be noted they they do not cast reflect damage. Chreatures that usually do that generally can be handled quite well by a Cleric. The reflect damage only applie with melee attacks. Magic and ranged attacks do not get reflected.

One do you will have to kill Taurox Assassins. I never said I grinded on them. In my case, I was killing them for a quest.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rowlin - Lost City
    Rowlin - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I am a melee class and I myself have wondered the same question. If it is dead how come it is still hitting me? I have had many creatures continue to hit me one final time (on rare occassions twice) even though they are on the ground starting to fade. Just to clarify no it is not another creature that is hitting me. I have experienced it throughout my levels so it isn't just any one mob or type of creature. I know that some creatures have a death blow, ie reflect, explosion, poison cloud, etc. and those are not the ones I am talking about. I'm talking about the creatures that most of the time when they die they die but every now and then they start a blow and you kill it and they finish the blow as if they are still alive. It seems that the NPC's don't always have to follow the same rules as we do. I have heard of several others who have experienced the same thing as well so it may be those who have not experienced it have been lucky.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Spellcasters (venos dont count here) feel this a lot, mainly against ranged physical enemies, they will almost ALWAYS finish their attack if they died while starting their attacks, sometimes they do 2 attacks, one to finish their movement and an extra one AFTER the last hit was delivered.
    I died at least 10 times due to this "glitch", but once you get to higher levels you learn to counter this issue, just keep your hp full or above half during all the battle.
  • Xangelx - Lost City
    Xangelx - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    This is seriously a big problem. Everytime I grind that stupid thing will happen to me. I am a full magic attack build cleric and therefore have low hp and defense. One hit from anything physical is huge damage. The problem is I normally kill something right as they are in my face. If the monster just starts the first frame of their attack animation, it will finish no matter what. I always have a hope that it won't, but it always does.

What happens 90% of the time:
    Cyclone->Plume Shot->Cyclone->dead->1 second later->get hit->hiero kicks in

You don't know how many times my hiero is wasted on cr@p like that. The monster is dead and I'm like don't do it, don't do it...........one second later, get hit by a dead monster and hiero is wasted on healing me after the monster is already dead.

Another glitch I have to mention is that let's say that I'm an archer (using an archer to demonstrate range and time casting), I use take aim which takes a lot of time to cast. If I am at maximum range and cast it, and I'm attacking someone that is running 9000000 meters per second (exaggerating this to get the full effect), when I fire my arrow, I will hit my target even if it's on the opposite side of the map despite the description saying that you can only attack from a certain distance.

Basically, if you are out of the range of the attack, you can still get hit as long as you start casting the attack before the target is out of range.
  • Psynopsis - Heavens Tear
    Psynopsis - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I think this is how it happens:

1. Client sends all stats of character.
    2. Character's skill is used, info taken from character and server's database of mobs to calculate dmg inflicted.
    3. Sends back info to the player's client to reoutput the data, creating a 2-3 sec graphics painting lag, but no hp/mp processing lag. (if you notice, your hp bar drops before the dmg you receive is shown.)

At least, this is how I think this works. And yes, this annoys the **** out of me.
  • Rowlin - Lost City
    Rowlin - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I agree there is a timing difference that is going on. I have watched my character hit the target two or three times and no changes in its life. Then all of a sudden the creature's life will drop a chunck. I also notice the that my life bar does not always confirms what hits I have taken. Either it drops before the dam is dealt or it is dropped after it is dealt. I am not sure do to the fact I'm usually worrying about killing the creature in front of me. I use how much of a chunk my damage does to a creature to gauge how much life it has is why I notice the time difference with the creature's life.

Either way it is annoying and needs to have something done about it. I wonder if this is related to internet speeds. Do people with High end internet have the same problem?
  • Kusaku - Lost City
    Kusaku - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    This happans to me alot and i have very low HP and i am a full support buff cleric which is my own choice i no.

I still find that thsi problem is annoying and it is normally this that kills me becouse i cut my fights so close each time.

i have found that due to this problem the only way i can realy level up now is to team up with people and use there exp farming to lvl me up and to get them to do my quests.

Fortunatly im in a good guild who are always willing to help me and in return i give them good buffs and help them with all of there quests which is easy for me being a buff cleric.

However i would like to be able to fight independtly once in a while without having to worry about adpting my charecter into a battle cleric.

This may sound selfish but i like the ablity to help people and i often go to the starting area to buff everyone and do there first few quests for them ^^.

All in all i find being killed by dead stuff quite annoying ^^
    So for my bad spelling ^^
    CUTE THINGS ><
    Dieing with style and skill since 1989

Frav Qoute :
    "Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."