Ninento DS Giveaways A Trap For Zen Spenders

Hisui - Heavens Tear
Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
The currently underway Nintendo sweepstakes is obviously a PWI ploy to divert its loyal zen spender fan-base to an alternative source of addiction; DS games.

After earning a huge profit from the vastly successful Halloween event, where happy-go-lucky money spenders got a *really cool* looking horse (it's black. black = leet), the PWI management have decided its time to lay off the zen spenders in this DS event in an effort to drown their guilt of running a too-successful event.

What's a better way to milk the zen spenders one last time before releasing them to the realms of hand-held games?

Wait a minute Hisui, there is a flaw in your argument. There are definitely more zen spenders then there are available DS give aways. What gives (failed pun)? Well, the answer is by tagging a picture of a PWI goddess on one DS system, it automatically increases the desirability of every DS in the nation. The people who didn't have the luck to win the DS will surely ask their mom, dad, baby sister, Morgan Stanley etc for money to purchase their very own DS system. Once the zen spenders have their hands on their respective DS system, the extremity of Zelda games will surely erase the players' unending dreams of doing "crazy stones" with Hou Hensi. Don't ask why I put crazy stones in quotation... it doesn't really make any sense really.

So what is the point of this thread? With the zen spenders gone it will be impossible for in game cheapos to purchase zen from the auction hall. This will lead to an eventual collapse of the PWI economic system.

Luckily, the fix is quite easy. Instead of giving away DS as sweepstake prizes, PWI can consider giving away additional CD copies of PW to the winners of the draw.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
Enrage - We Eat.
Post edited by Hisui - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• hong
    hong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The DS looks ugly...
    RoC.
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I guess all anyone can really say is, "We'll see when it's over".

Hopefully there will always be zen spenders. I can see there being less but DS games aren't that addictive. Infact... most of them suck in my honest opinion. Actually, I find DS lame altogether. LOL. I'm sure I'm not the only PWI'er with that opinion. In the minority, yes but not the only one either.

They'll obviously make a huge profit off this giveaway, but at least some of it will go towards purchasing and stamping the DS's. xD

Gambling stinks anyway. b:surrender
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Defected - Heavens Tear
    Defected - Heavens Tear Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    This thread is full of win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Changed my mind. Permanently Retired - Only here to troll.
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    Crash - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Infact... most of them suck in my honest opinion. Actually, I find DS lame altogether. LOL. I'm sure I'm not the only PWI'er with that opinion. In the minority, yes but not the only one either.

i have a DS and i rarely touch it cos just about 95% of DS games suck, why not have them give away a PSP if anything?

either way ive stoped buying Zen cos the GM's are anoying me with there poor excuse for events,
    so im 1 Zen buyer thats now a free player untill otherwise
    retired from PWI server Heavens Tear, October 2008
    want to start on Harshlands ASAP!
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I always regretted the fact that theempire went on the pve server, you're quite rational in your logic.

I hope you don't actually spend real life money on this game though Hisui. Not a personal attack but most people who complain about stuff are hypocrite enough to actually still do it.
  • Omiekins - Lost City
    Omiekins - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Why must people always whine and complain whenever an event/give away / whatever is held? Gawd.
    Omiekins // Archer
    Bombchu // Venomancer
    {{ Nostalgia }}
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Why must people always whine and complain whenever an event/give away / whatever is held? Gawd.

I was actually fairly disappointed when I saw a notice in-game telling me to check this website for their newest giveaway, and then seeing that I had to pay them for the giveaway. It's not that I don't WANT to spend money...I don't HAVE the money to spend.

Oh well. Maybe when I'm not poor anymore I'll finally be able to afford playing free MMOs. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    IMO, it looks like a bought DSLite then plastered a PWI skin on it. Sure you won't find a DS Lite for $20 and brand new, but the fact there's only 1 winner per server is really slim.

Since I already have an original DS, I'm all set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hong - Heavens Tear
    Hong - Heavens Tear Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    t0yo wrote: »
    I always regretted the fact that theempire went on the pve server, you're quite rational in your logic.

I hope you don't actually spend real life money on this game though Hisui. Not a personal attack but most people who complain about stuff are hypocrite enough to actually still do it.

TheEmpire is true PvE. Or the members I met so far.

lolvk8.jpg

Brief - Owned one white name while they zhen; all turned white and got owned. Massive QQing and complaining how their zhen party was ruined.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www . rochq .net
  • Bombchu - Lost City
    Bombchu - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well, the way I look at it, if you decide to buy cs credits, you're not like, losing out on anything. Its just one of those 'Maybe you'll get something nice, extra!' things. Like buying a box of cereal that promises a toy inside, and finding there are in fact not one, but two!

So its kinda silly to complain about something you (Even though rare chance) may get for free. Its not like they're asking you to buy raffle tickets for it with real money, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Nostalgia]
    The Brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008

lolvk8.jpg

Brief - Owned one white name while they zhen; all turned white and got owned. Massive QQing and complaining how their zhen party was ruined.

how did this end up into a "hi im hong, i jumped some1 and pked them, then i told a story wrong on how i owned the rest of them and make then QQ"

not being funny but no1 cares, kthxbye

and on topic, i just saw what the DS looks like with the design and its...ugly, i prefer the original DS which doesnt sell anymore, just nice and silver, does me fine without some lame picture on the front
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008

lolvk8.jpg

Too bad Hunnie left us, or else I'd care about this post. I also heard about massive QQing from RoC when one of their archers decided to come to us. Learn to let go. It'll help in your love lives later on.

Even though most of the time I'm white named the only time I intentionally went out to PK was when James and I decided to hunt some RoC '4 teh lulz.' Too bad most of them were blue named and/or running away from James (like Tanri. Really fast yeye)

Hong is a pvper. But RoC itself? Hehe... I wouldn't say so.

On topic: I'm liking the responses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Scutillette - Sanctuary
    Scutillette - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    This thread is full of win.
    Agreed. Is there a variation on Poe's Law for unruly game fanbases?

On a (slightly) more serious note: My only two complaints about the giveaway is 1) I probably wouldn't play a DS with a scantily-clad CG female on it in public, and 2) do they really have to announce it several times an hour in-game? It's rather annoying, and I think most people have seen it at the client load screen already.

My gold pouch weeps for all the money that was being spent on Teleacoustics to complain about the giveaway the night it was announced... the real irony is, since teles originate from the cash shop, they were supporting the cash shop by complaining about it XD
  • Revengex - Heavens Tear
    Revengex - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Too bad Hunnie left us, or else I'd care about this post. I also heard about massive QQing from RoC when one of their archers decided to come to us. Learn to let go. It'll help in your love lives later on.

Even though most of the time I'm white named the only time I intentionally went out to PK was when James and I decided to hunt some RoC '4 teh lulz.' Too bad most of them were blue named and/or running away from James (like Tanri. Really fast yeye)

no, other empires were QQing as well. they even world chatted saying something like "Hong pked us during zhen, that takes balls" when they obivously could have went blue name.
    "lol those n00bz were totally suxx0rz" - COL.da_p1mp
  • Clay_ton - Heavens Tear
    Clay_ton - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ts not like they're asking you to buy raffle tickets for it with real money, lol.

but they are they want u to get all stupidly excited rush and use more real life money to charge ir zen to buy those raffle tickets, in the chance to a ds lite wiht a fugly cover on it , thus in turn adding to their pocket fund to buy bigger pockets =_=
    edited November 2008
    typos - ur / with /
    edited November 2008
    sry just woke when doing this, , just wish to add, another lame event imop, under the guise of ppls for the my space event, but really a reward for them ........thank u
  • Rosewhite - Sanctuary
    Rosewhite - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    no, other empires were QQing as well. they even world chatted saying something like "Hong pked us during zhen, that takes balls" when they obivously could have went blue name.

Can we not turn this into a 'What the Empire Did' this is not what the topic is about and its getting really annoying already.

On Topic: I totally agree with what's being said here, I think its sad when people who don't even work for PWI can come up with better event ideas than this. Even in the real world, there is usually a way to try to win a lottery like this without spending either real world or in the case of this game: in-game money. Thanks for the major and total fail, PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm just a vagabond with flowers for Algernon...
  • Hong - Heavens Tear
    Hong - Heavens Tear Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited November 2008

More like Tanri went back to James and he swithed to Blue asap. RoC QQing cause you mean peruco left? We all laughed and said finally. He was annoying, cash shop on stupid things; and intentionally on stupid idiotic unnecessary items. Not to mention he makes up nonstop bullsh*t up. I care less about him, he doesn't even TW and makes up lame excuses. His the one that QQs 24/7 in our guild that we dont help him with HH70 right away when he turned 70. I'm glad he ended up in The Empire. Hisui, if you hunt down low level players I'm not surprised that they're blue named. Most of the cores; especially our 70s are white named. New recruits are blue though.

I love it when players believe others that easily :) Makes things more interesting. Not surprising when carebears feel so uber and twist the facts around to make them pro around others. It was an obvious fact that if someone left our guild to join another and say we QQ or anything related is bullsh*t. I thought you'd know that.

On topic : The event DS is ugly, period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www . rochq .net
  • Leviah - Heavens Tear
    Leviah - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    On Topic: I totally agree with what's being said here, I think its sad when people who don't even work for PWI can come up with better event ideas than this. Even in the real world, there is usually a way to try to win a lottery like this without spending either real world or in the case of this game: in-game money. Thanks for the major and total fail, PWI.

i couldnt agree more, since not long playing this game, ive experianced 2 events BOTH a major FAIL, halloween boost for players to spend more rl cash in the excitement to win something good and only those u spent enough actuially got something IN GAME, for their trouble, and the pw myspace supposed reward for ppl effort, just another lame event, ... if they cant do anything even remotely decent for event dont even both having them, since players can and seem to think up better way or events do a poll and choose one of the mostly voted event, and go with that.........

On another NOTE to all u other THIS thread is about the pw ds lite give away NOT the hell about who pk'd who,
  • Tara - Lost City
    Tara - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    LOL totally true anyone falls for a scam like this needs there head examined .... a few times

goodluck on the DS whoever wins it ... i mean yay a DS after i payed for it three times over O.o man i love how they call these Cash shop scams Events its terrible its a competition and a bad one designed to make cash..

P.s Can you stop spamming the damn thing in game its so freakin annoying will make me NOT charge zen..
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Really Hong? Your top players are white? Hell today I was around village of the lost and I hit 'T' and I saw a familiar name 'Carney.' To be honest I thought I was gonna have doom rained down upon me. But after a few more seconds of chilling with my sawfly out I decided to press follow just to find Carney blue-naming around.

TE isn't a pk guild so yea you can get ur buddies and hunt us down one by one easy. Either try harder to **** our leader off (she doesn't even know who you are) or we're gonna have to wait till TW to have some fun. Sadness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    But alas I must admit Hong totally destroyed my trolling thread, which wasn't supposed to happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Hong isnt a PvP'er, hes a tool with a big Epeen,

why is he in Heavens Tear with 95% of the server having a blue name?
    cos if hes red, he doesnt have to worry about being pked cos every1 stays blue cos they obv dont want to pvp/pk

any1 on heavens tear server that thinks there great a pking, wake up to reality, ur a fool for trying to act big, go to LostCity where some ppl may actualy care if u exist or not

on topic, this "event" if i can call it that, is just another reason people are leaving PWI, because the events are poor, the zen is expensive and that = phail

aslong as they have money in there back pockets, i dont think there to bothered, its the same with other ppl that GM Perfect World, all other companies are the same as they no PW is addictive as its a good game, the cash shop prices just sometimes ruin it.
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    lol damn can't even escape the pvp drama on a PVE server....b:sad
    Makes me wonder what was the sense of leaving Rohan...heh.

And I also agree with the DS looking very poor with the PW design. I was hoping the DS would be red at least. (I hate the white DS.....) Anyway I'm still rocking the old version of the DS (that's right folks nice ol fat DS). It's surface is all scratched up though but as long as it works it's good enough for me.b:pleased
  • Revengex - Heavens Tear
    Revengex - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Really Hong? Your top players are white? Hell today I was around village of the lost and I hit 'T' and I saw a familiar name 'Carney.' To be honest I thought I was gonna have doom rained down upon me. But after a few more seconds of chilling with my sawfly out I decided to press follow just to find Carney blue-naming around.

TE isn't a pk guild so yea you can get ur buddies and hunt us down one by one easy. Either try harder to **** our leader off (she doesn't even know who you are) or we're gonna have to wait till TW to have some fun. Sadness.

he said "most of his cores" and carney isnt a core

TOPIC: i dont think anyone would buy zen just for a CHANCE at a ds.. plus i dont even think it comes with a game!
    "lol those n00bz were totally suxx0rz" - COL.da_p1mp
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    This thread is being closed, despite it's level of win, keep the drama in-game please.

Now regarding the contest, either you enjoy it or it's not your cup of tea.

Everyone who purchases ZEN gets counted in the giveaway, everyone who buys gold in the Auction House is also entered.

If you have any suggestions for event prizes, feel free to drop a line to:
    http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.