Making a guild at level 20

divineninja
divineninja Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Guild Banter
I'll be level 20 basically the next time I log on, and I'm going to pay 100k coin to make a guild. If you are interested, continue reading on. If you are already in a guild, don't worry about it, you have better things to do. ;)

Guild Name:
(you can vote for your favorite name at the top)--the name with the most votes will be the one I pick. ^^

Guild Rules:

They're kind of tough, but I don't want @$$holes or even level 99s joining my guild either because everyone's got to work together and being too high or too low of a level is not working together.

1. You have to be on the Lost City server because that's the one I'm on lol.

2. You have to respect everyone in the guild including yourself. This means that if you are disrespecting other people (example: talking $h*t about people) I will personally kick you out of the guild. As well as if you are talking $h*t about yourself (example: I suck at this, I'm no good at that). No respect = kicked out in my guild.

3. No more than 5-10 levels lower or higher than me. The reason is because I want to keep everyone at least close to the same level so we can help each other out and complete quests as a group. =D

4. Active. Did I just say active?? Yes. You have to be someone who plays more than once a week. You gotta keep up with everyone else. In the case that I start to slack off because of school work or something, I give you all permission to do the same. Otherwise, we go all out teamwork.

5. You have to be at least somewhat willing to help others. If someone asks for help on something and you are REALLY busy, then I guess I can understand, but if there is no real reason, you should help out fellow guildies.

6. When everyone in the guild hits around 60+ (long time from now) we can start pking. Oh yeah, the whole point of Lost City right? Why so late? The reason is because if we were any lower we would not have most of our skills and would not have matured in our pking tactics. I might lower the level if enough people disagree. The rules for this is that you cannot pk a white name. Come on now, let's not hurt anyone that hasn't hurt anyone else. The basic rule is if you are not attacked don't attack, but if they are red, feel free if you are certain you won't die. We will go in squads or the entire guild if necessary to take out the bold red names.

Some thoughts:

1. I was thinking of making one or two characters as something like a guild bank. What I mean by that is, those two (or more characters) will hold any kind of armor, weapon, coin, whatever you don't need that could help other people. Then if someone needed something, I could check if there was that item in the character's inventory / bank. If someone needed some coin for something, I would ask the guild first to see if everyone agrees that the money is being spent into good use. If the majority say yes, then I would give it to them, but if not, the coin stays. Other than that, you can count on the coin you put in to go into upgrading the rank of our guild. I won't spend or take anything out of the vault for myself without permission from the person that put it in. If you think that's a good idea or not, I might just make a poll on the forums or just ask the guild at different times of the day for a couple of days and see which choice is most.

2. This is not really a thought, it's more like I will do it if you want. Once in a while I might decide to hold a training session for those who are interested in PvP tactics. I can give general tactics for PvP for the different classes because I I love to PvP in every game I play to test each other's true skills, and you can trust that I know what to do in situations where the enemy runs, hides, or attacks. I'll tell teach everyone (that attends the special meeting) what to do when stunned, what to do if a specific race were to do something crazy, etc., all kinds of stuff. Also, if you are an archer, you can get some hands on training by me. YAY! I can give you the skill list of what to use, not to use, and what to spam like your life depended on it. what to do if you run out of mana, chi, hp, ...............you get the picture.

If you feel like you want to join, just pm "divine ninja" in game or leave some kind of note here on the forums that you want to join and you agree with the above.
Post edited by divineninja on

Comments

• mikiki
    mikiki Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    hi divine ninja, im interested in e guild tt u're goin to open. if u do open a guild, pm me at "kikimi" alrites=)
    hope to hear frm ya soon=)
  • Cubbie - Lost City
    Cubbie - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    As a guild leader I just wanted to inform you that currently a guild name can not be longer than 9 characters in length according to the faction creator NPC. Just a FYI. Nice choices for names though.
    Cubbie: Panda Barbarian
    Leader of Orphanage
    Perfect World International (Lost City Server)
  • Xangelx - Lost City
    Xangelx - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I don't know the rules for naming yet, but you say 9 characters? Man...someone should make a suggestion to increase it to a bit more characters, but if that's the case, I guess I'll have to abbreviate. Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know if you can change the name of your guild after you have named it once already?
  • Volkner - Lost City
    Volkner - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Do you happen to know if you can change the name of your guild after you have named it once already?

I dont think so.
    Also thank you, as I am planning on starting a guild also and I got some good ideas for rules to implement. ^_^ I like the "do not fire unless fired upon." Thanks ^^
    As the sun sets in the fire-blown sky, the advent of war falls upon us. I will go, fight for my nation, for my people. I will use my magic, to strike from a distance, never backing down. I will go, and bring glory to our kind. Because the time has come for this war to end. We need to band together and defeat the Wraiths. I will help make that happen. For I am a Wizard.
    ~The oath of a Wizard
    Volkner
    lvl 2x Mage
    Lost City
  • Xangelx - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    hey! don't steal my ideas..... T~T

if you are planning on making a guild with rules to implement like mine, then why not join my guild? o.o
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    hey! don't steal my ideas..... T~T

if you are planning on making a guild with rules to implement like mine, then why not join my guild? o.o

For each rule you put up I can name a guild that has said rule already in works b:chuckle

Either way, best of luck with your guild :]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    Altihnkai - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    2 chars pp as bank? hmm good to have trust in ppl but this is an advertisement for scammers ^^ they join offer to store items nd leave faction ;) think before you do this :)
  • davais
    davais Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I am just wondering one thing, since all of your member will be around level 20. what are you going to do when other guilds decide to take you out? It does not need to be a big guild, almost every guild in the game now have ability doing so if they wish. Actually one high level player alone can take on your guild, so how do you protect your guild member? don't think it will happen? You haven't stay on lost city for long enough. :)
  • Xangelx - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    2 chars pp as bank? hmm good to have trust in ppl but this is an advertisement for scammers ^^ they join offer to store items nd leave faction ;) think before you do this :)

I'm pretty offended that you would accuse someone before you even know them. Why do you think that way? Have you had a bad experience with scammers or something? You are absolutely wrong. I have no intentions of doing anything like that. You might have been scammed before or seen it happen, but just because some people do that does not mean everyone is like that.
  • Xangelx - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    davais wrote: »
    I am just wondering one thing, since all of your member will be around level 20. what are you going to do when other guilds decide to take you out? It does not need to be a big guild, almost every guild in the game now have ability doing so if they wish. Actually one high level player alone can take on your guild, so how do you protect your guild member? don't think it will happen? You haven't stay on lost city for long enough. :)

I don't plan on provoking any guild anytime soon. ;)
    like i said, we will start pvping at level 60 right? You can turn off pvp mode so I don't think there's any real problem. The guild is more leveling oriented anyways so the objective is to level up faster in groups until level 60. It's on the official guild thread, but everyone likes to talk on this one. =.=
  • Bestwiz - Heavens Tear
    Bestwiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2008

as there is no legit warehouse implemented in the game a lot of factions use that and even in our faction we have the same thing and it works fine.
    Dont MEss with me I'm da Best
    b:laughb:chuckleb:victoryb:angryb:byeb:cute
  • Bestwiz - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    I don't plan on provoking any guild anytime soon. ;)
    like i said, we will start pvping at level 60 right? You can turn off pvp mode so I don't think there's any real problem. The guild is more leveling oriented anyways so the objective is to level up faster in groups until level 60. It's on the official guild thread, but everyone likes to talk on this one. =.=

lol lost city turn off pvp mode? ah so u dont know in lost city there is nothing called pvp mode as soon as u turn 30 ur pvp mode will turn on itslef and u cant turn it off thats why its called pvp server so any1 can pk u they are 30+ so there are going to be a lot of problems. If u want to have optional pk then pve servers are the only go. Im not trying to be mean or anything but yea pvp is not optional in lost city.
  • Xangelx - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Ai. I didn't know. lol. I thought I heard someone say that you can turn it on and wait for 10 hours to turn it off or something like that. Maybe that was only on the PvE servers. OK so if you can't turn it off........lol. Can't do anything if some guild decides to wipe us out, but then again, we didn't do anything to make them attack us. At least until 60, so I don't know. In the last game I played, you could have alliances and enemy guilds, and you had to declare war on another guild before you could obliterate each other. Well, I don't know. Any suggestions if something like that happened? Maybe I could make friends with the leader of a high level guild to get my back. lol, that changes some things.
  • Bestwiz - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    well u know how mmos work always allies/Kos's and otehr enemies and stuff. And when ur 30+ lvling/questing with guildies and friends, some a**h*** comes that is 30 lvls higher than u and wipe u out just for the hell of it then they kill u again when u come back, always stuff like that happenin.
  • Xangelx - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    i guess if there really is someone out there that would do that even without me provoking, then i guess i'll have to write their name down, flame them on the forums (in the hope that some other high level player will hear me out and pk him / her) and return the favor at an appropriate time.
  • Stephannefin - Heavens Tear
    Stephannefin - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Been playing MMOs for years now and there is always rivals on PvP servers. You may not provoke anyone, just be victim to a bunch of twits. Just like RL MMOs are full of RL meanies. Certain situations are bound to happen. Not to mention Guilds can be overrun by egos, powertrippers, scammers, users, and abusers. Anyone that has run guilds in any game can tell you they can be more headache than they are worth.

If there are larger guilds on the server that share your principles I would have to suggest join up with them. On a PvP server active members numbers are very important. You just can't go small and hope to contend sometimes. It is like being in a goldfish bowl. There is only so much space and a guppy will have a harder time claiming a piece of the pie when surrounded by sharks.

Not trying to discourage, just trying to suggest things to think about. If you feel you could develope the skills and power to contend go for it. If you can manage the turmoil and deal with the headaches go for it. Just be careful and be prepared for anything to happen because 9 times out of 10 they will happen.
  • TheTot - Heavens Tear
    TheTot - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2008

I do believe he means alternative characters that he will have created himself, probably a couple of low level wing elves so they can fly.
  • lexilego
    lexilego Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hi I Am Grimathy I Think What U Told Us Is Good Info. I Am Realy Interested In Making My Own Guild It Will Be Totaly Awsome Thanks To U Dude:3
  • Katselya - Heavens Tear
    Katselya - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Ai. I didn't know. lol. I thought I heard someone say that you can turn it on and wait for 10 hours to turn it off or something like that. Maybe that was only on the PvE servers. OK so if you can't turn it off........lol. Can't do anything if some guild decides to wipe us out, but then again, we didn't do anything to make them attack us. At least until 60, so I don't know. In the last game I played, you could have alliances and enemy guilds, and you had to declare war on another guild before you could obliterate each other. Well, I don't know. Any suggestions if something like that happened? Maybe I could make friends with the leader of a high level guild to get my back. lol, that changes some things.
    Yeah it's only on PVE that you get the option of switching in and out of PK mode, when you switch into it you can switch out in 10 hours or everytime you kill someone you get 2 hours added.

Also the names you picked for this guild wont work, you can't have a space in your guild name and as that guy said it can only be 9 characters long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]