PWI Giveaway! Winners Announced! (see post #75)

Options
dvorak
dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
Ahh, there's nothing quite like the cool crispness of the Fall season and curling up at home in front of a cozy fire while getting your game on with some extended play sessions of PWI. Of course every now and then one is actually required to venture outside and when you do it's always nice to have gaming options while sitting idly in the bus or waiting in long lines at the Post Office. That's why - for a very limited time - Perfect World Entertainment will be running a 1 week drawing where we will award a Nintendo DS Lite with customized PWI branding to one lucky person per server!

"But how do I go about winning this totally uber DS with customized branding that will surely make me the talk of the town?" you ask. The answer, mis amigos, is quite simple:

Follow these steps:

1) From now through 5 p.m., November 14 - each time you Charge Zen (https://billing.perfectworld.com) you will automatically receive entry into our prize drawing. In fact multiple entries will be issued if you Charge Zen multiple times during this event. So lets say you Charge Zen three times - you will in fact receive 3 entries to our prize drawing.

2) At the close of this event, we will dust off, lubricate and then fire up our vintage Cray (model 3b) Super Computer to randomly select a winning entrant from each of our 3 servers. Once the winning entrants have been selected, they will be contacted for shipping info and receive - a brand spanking new DS Lite with customized PW branding - just in time for your turkey festivities!

What are you waiting for? Get some Zen Charged up and give yourself a great chance at winning these 1 one of a kind collector's items!

Update - After hearing about everyone's feedback regarding this event, we've decided to open up the raffle to anyone who purchases Gold, either through the Charge ZEN function on our site, or through the in-game Auction House.

So to be clear, if you buy Gold through the Auction House, you'll be entered into the drawing as well.

At the end of next Friday, we'll look into our logs and our system and randomly choose winners according to the criteria above.
pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
Post edited by dvorak on

Comments

• Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    This comes to no surprise..

is this giveaway us giving away money?
  • mightynyx
    mightynyx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    All I have to say is... :|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Revolt.
  • Zori - Lost City
    Zori - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    For the amount of entering the event, someone could buy one for cheaper. Ebay ftw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sereniama - Heavens Tear
    Sereniama - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    NO ONE GIVES A FLYING **** ABOUT THIS!

Thanks once again for wasting my money. I had already payed like $60 for a wedding... Now you want to be greedy and spend ALL of our money on a DS that DOESN'T EVEN WORK?

That's mighty fine!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sou Sou Moutoku = The most badass **** in Anime History. Never diss Kohime Musou or die.
  • Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear
    Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Out of curiosity, the shipping is restricted to what area ? Because, you know, copyrights limitations, import taxes, censorship regulation, market protection and whatever **** governments have in place to control exchanges may well void a win ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    NO ONE GIVES A FLYING **** ABOUT THIS!

Thanks once again for wasting my money. I had already payed like $60 for a wedding... Now you want to be greedy and spend ALL of our money on a DS that DOESN'T EVEN WORK?

oooh lookie at all that rage. b:shocked

the DS "DOESN'T EVEN WORK"??? chill out with the false info. all systems we award as prizes are brand new.
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    For the amount of entering the event, someone could buy one for cheaper. Ebay ftw.

brand new DS for under $20?? show me where.
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • Darkmaverick - Lost City
    Darkmaverick - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    why so much hate for this? i think it's a great idea!
    edited November 2008
    Options
    oooh lookie at all that rage. b:shocked

the DS "DOESN'T EVEN WORK"??? chill out with the false info. all systems we award as prizes are brand new.

I think this new scam wont work this time...

I hope you guys aren't being really greedy... I don't want to charge ZEN... AND I don't want a DS.

Is this another scam to get more money?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sou Sou Moutoku = The most badass **** in Anime History. Never diss Kohime Musou or die.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    why so much hate for this? i think it's a great idea!

And it isn't...

You see, they want more cash out of your pockets... They are like they are working for the IRS and try to force us to get ZEN when we don't want to... I don't really like it when people force and boss me around like "Oh you have to do this" "oh you need to buy this or I will beat you with a whip", and stuff like that. I kinda feel forced when I see messages like that and I kinda really think it is just a bad idea... No offense but I think the ZEN thingy is kinda out of control. I love this game but the ZEN... b:shocked...

I will be honest with you but I don't really like these foolish plans that the GMS do... I think it is stupid and dull (Sorry and no offense, you GMS are AWESOME!) Its not I think the GMS are stupid honestly but the plans and events that they do with ZEN... It kinda pisses me off and I don't really like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Neurosis - Lost City
    Neurosis - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options

I think this new scam wont work this time...

I hope you guys aren't being really greedy... I don't want to charge ZEN... AND I don't want a DS.

Is this another scam to get more money?

Yea, I don't want a DS either. I want a pony.
  • Neurosis - Lost City
    Neurosis - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    And it isn't...

You see, they want more cash out of your pockets... They are like they are working for the IRS and try to force us to get ZEN when we don't want to... I don't really like it when people force and boss me around like "Oh you have to do this" "oh you need to buy this or I will beat you with a whip", and stuff like that. I kinda feel forced when I see messages like that and I kinda really think it is just a bad idea... No offense but I think the ZEN thingy is kinda out of control. I love this game but the ZEN... b:shocked...

I will be honest with you but I don't really like these foolish plans that the GMS do... I think it is stupid and dull (Sorry and no offense, you GMS are AWESOME!) Its not I think the GMS are stupid honestly but the plans and events that they do with ZEN... It kinda pisses me off and I don't really like it.

LOL.. switch to decaf dear.
  • Iamadudeirl - Lost City
    Iamadudeirl - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    And it isn't...

You see, they want more cash out of your pockets... They are like they are working for the IRS and try to force us to get ZEN when we don't want to... I don't really like it when people force and boss me around like "Oh you have to do this" "oh you need to buy this or I will beat you with a whip", and stuff like that. I kinda feel forced when I see messages like that and I kinda really think it is just a bad idea... .

Forcing you to get ZEN? Are you on crack?

I was going to fill up on my ZEN this week anyway, so now I get a chance to win something for filling up.

How the hell is that a scam? Idiots.

No one has a gun to your head, don't buy ZEN if you're not interested.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Dvorak will make the face...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zori - Lost City
    Zori - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    brand new DS for under $20?? show me where.

Ok, 1 winner per server, /slapintheface.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skittlezz - Heavens Tear
    Skittlezz - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I dont want this!! I want new server!!!!!!!!!!
  • thappyz
    thappyz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Forcing you to get ZEN? Are you on crack?

I was going to fill up on my ZEN this week anyway, so now I get a chance to win something for filling up.

How the hell is that a scam? Idiots.

No one has a gun to your head, don't buy ZEN if you're not interested.

Dont be hard on that person
    but in fact she has kind of right
    all the Gm events have to do with Zen
    atlast till now
    Thats what these person means
    Only those who pay get a chance to an event
    while these was a soort of "free To play game"

if u wish to buy ur zens BUY them ^^b:laugh
    becouse thats ur own moneyb:chuckle

BB
  • thappyz
    thappyz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I dont want this!! I want new server!!!!!!!!!!

is it really so crowed in Heavens Tear..?:)
    come to lost city ^^
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    all the Gm events have to do with Zen
    atlast till now

I still haven't bought Zen, and I enjoyed the character customization contest (although I was too late to add anything) and +30% attack bonus over the last couple months.

And this isn't to force people to purchase zen. Consider it an extra benefit for those who do, but I don't think a DS is really essential for playing Perfect World International. Might even be counterproductive for that part unless you're good at multitasking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • odb
    odb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i do agree that its kind of sad that they only run cs based events but at least they are doing something i guess. i've played games that do nothing at all. it might be a "f2p" game but the way all events are run it only helps those who spend lots of money in cs...oh well
  • Arthiex - Lost City
    Arthiex - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    gattsuru wrote: »
    I still haven't bought Zen, and I enjoyed the character customization contest (although I was too late to add anything) and +30% attack bonus over the last couple months.

And this isn't to force people to purchase zen. Consider it an extra benefit for those who do, but I don't think a DS is really essential for playing Perfect World International. Might even be counterproductive for that part unless you're good at multitasking.

I agree what uyou mean
    that till now of the games i have played Pw the best is withouth paying real cash
    on some other games i have paid over $800 like Rappels, 12sky shayia and some others

almost on everything u can get it from the game
    even wedding items ( killing Penumbrax Dominator 87)

But about forced
    these game has for some ppl alot of temptation
    and tahst why some feel forced to get those items ==> and they cost $$ :P

PS: about one thing i really im surpriced is the way to get gold with game money
    becouse even if u dont want to buy gold with $$ u still can buy it with Pw Cash:P
  • siegedge
    siegedge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Honestly, I'm glad they're doing small contests like this. You want to know what company really scams their players? Go play Phantasy Star Universe and join their forums.

It's a pay to play game that charges 10 bucks for absolute ****. Content updates there are very rare. Hell even the GMs there dont know what's going on, you can't even trust their words.

PW is a god send compared to that game. The GMs are actually responsive (most of the time b:shutup), they're very quick to ban botters or glitchers. The updates may not be in everyone's favor but nevertheless the game's updated.

I may not be able to participate in this at the moment, but little contests like this makes me appreciate the company and the GMs. Even so, I can understand some of the people's frustration due to the fact that you have to use the cash shop to participate.
  • Venoblood - Heavens Tear
    Venoblood - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Really makes you wonder if the majority of the "giveaways" and "events" are going to be aimed more towards the people who actually pay to play this game. I like that the game is free, of course, but you ARE putting paying customers before all customers, and if I'm not mistaken I read somewhere that paying customers were not given an advantage.
  • alahas
    alahas Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    What are you guys so mad about! You guys are playing the game for free! And download the game for free without having you spend a penny! And all of you ungrateful #$%^&*( is complaining about how expensive ZEN is. The company is not pointing a gun to your head so that you buy ZEN. They are simply letting you all know what type of event they have. If you have problem on how they run or manage PWI. Then go play other games or better yet play WOW because right on the spot you have to pay monthly if you want to continue playing.

This game provides every single player a satisfaction on game play and enough for everyone to be happy without them using ZEN. On the other hand if you want to get on unique weapon’s, etc… then get with the program! Other than that keep your #$%^&*(* mouth shut and stop talking trash.

Otherwise they deserve to make income to keep a great game alive. NO INCOME NO SERVER or IP. Get it!
  • Venoblood - Heavens Tear
    Venoblood - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Why don't you calm down before you blow a gasket.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    What the HELL!

Not only do crazy zen spenders get the cool in game gears and level over 9000 itamz now they get to have a awesometastical DS too!? Now this game is really imbalanced.

Holy mackeral batman.

The GMs should really consider making nintendo DSes drop from FB bosses or I'm gonna throw a really *strong* fit that is likely to impact your company.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I thought it was against federal and state lottery laws for a profit-making entity to give away a prize by random drawing if a purchase is required to enter the drawing. That's why sweepstakes always say "No purchase necessary" and provide an alternate method of entry that doesn't require a purchase. Since a Zen purchase is required to win the DS, isn't this promotion illegal?

The "sweepstakes" article on Wikipedia seems to uphold my understanding of the law as it relates to this promotion. What am I missing here?
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    What if I want to enter a Lunchables sweepstakes but I don't want to buy lunchables?
    Can I just rip the lil snacks out and see the inside of the box? Probably not.

But I do it anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    What if I want to enter a Lunchables sweepstakes but I don't want to buy lunchables?
    Can I just rip the lil snacks out and see the inside of the box? Probably not.

But I do it anyway.

You obviously didn't look at the official rules for the Lunchables sweepstakes. Google them, and you'll see that there's an alternate method of entering it without purchase by mailing in a 3" x 5" paper with your name, address, etc. Lunchables is no more exempt from the lottery laws than anyone else.
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    Crash - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    hey GM's, when will u do an event that every1 can participate in, non ZEN related that doesnt involve a series of questions that makes the event finish within minutes of it starting,
    also not an event where we gota find the GM 1st up the 1st 5 ppl, also not a PK event or a PK the GM event,

i mean an event where ppl of atleast level 20 can do thats actualy fun...
    retired from PWI server Heavens Tear, October 2008
    want to start on Harshlands ASAP!