Name Histories...?

Options
yourphan
yourphan Posts: 8 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Off-Topic Discussion
I was just wondering...
Where did everybody conjour up their 'nicknames' from?

Mine ish YourPhan [I'm really dissappointed with the fact that it has to all be in lowercase].
Its something I picked up about 4 months ago, when my friend and I were trying to find really nifty RP boards, and trying different sites out.
I was blank when comming up with a name, because I was just plain-old tired of using weird writing, and numbers, and l33t, so...

Your is from how I sign all my letters 'irl' as "Sincerely YOURS"
And Phan =POTOfan= Phantom of the Opera FAN...We're called Phans
That was the original idea anyways.
Now, for the last few months I've been known on every site I've joined as Phan and quite like it.

I've seen some names that I like. One consisting of 'David Bowie' or something along the lines of that, and that's just friggin' sweet cause david bowie is a super-shmexiful 70ishyearold singer. Ahahaha...No...yes...yum. Ok.
Also, one consisting of "Rastlin" which reminds me of "Raistlin" which is my ABSOLUTELY ALL-TIME FAVORITE fictional/fantasy character. Evil mages = super shmexiful as well.

Anywho.
Do discuss.
or not.
Too wordy?
Too bad.
Post edited by yourphan on

Comments

• ruthiaz
    ruthiaz Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Mine doesn't have nearly as cool of an origin. I wanted something different from what I usually used for games, and I wanted something that included Ruth. Added the "iaz" part for kicks
  • Floyd - Heavens Tear
    Floyd - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    mine came from my favorit band Pink Floyd i love there music and from the movie the wall they used the name "Pink Floyd" as a person so i did the same =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] shed no tears, show no fear
  • Koe - Lost City
    Koe - Lost City Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    My name Koe is short for something, but i dont really wanna say what. However i did discover that it means voice in Japanese. Besides i like how it sounds Ko-ei (Ko-ay) not Ko Ko-ei.
    I'm not mean I'm just being honest.

I'm not insensitive, I just don't give a S.H.I.T!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I gave birth to you. All of you. Everyone reading this. I am your mother. Kids pretty much just fall out now when they're done
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spiritscollector
    spiritscollector Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i keep spirits so i am call SpiritKeeperb:victory
  • deathstars666
    deathstars666 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    my name is my fav band deathstars and i just added 666 koz i can lol =P
  • infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Infrequentia is latin for Loneliness, and Mestrix is latin for female reaper.

Tricycle is just me being my childish self. And I have issues to find good names for male characters. D:
  • enzi
    enzi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    enzeru is the actual name, it is Japanese for angel, but it was taken. I conjured it and a last name for a manga my friends and I dropped for lack of time. I shortened it to enzi because that's what people on mmos usually end up calling me. XD
    b:cute Have you hugged a newbie today? b:cute
  • rufus
    rufus Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Rufus is my real name. ... dammit i hate these smilies.
  • Xianda - Sanctuary
    Xianda - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    My god, Madame Lina is here too now?

Well, my name comes from this:

"Xiando was originally a scientific term, coined by psychologist Henry Goddard from a Greek word meaning "foolish" and used to describe a person with a genetically determined mental age between 8 and 12 on the Binet scale. It was also once applied to people with an IQ of 51-70 and was a step up from "imbecile" (IQ of 26-50) and two steps up from "idiot" (IQ of 0-25). The word xiando, along with "****" and "feeble-minded" (among others), was once considered a valid descriptor in the psychological community, though these words have all now passed into common slang use, exclusively in a detrimental context."

I just used an A at the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    "LazyLuna" I'm known to be extremely lazy. "Luna" is Latin for "moon" and I love the nighttime and a beautiful full moon.

Now for all my little alts. XD

"Starfrost" I love the night sky and winter. Imagine a starry night sky over a frosty, snow-covered forest. :3

"SugarViolet", as in those little sugar icing violets you see on wedding cakes sometimes. I love to bake and I love cakes, especially wedding cakes. They remind me of the happy times in life.

"FemeV" Feme=feminine, or something close to that. "V" for "vengeance". So, "feminine vengence". It felt like a good fist-fighting female BM name.

"Wendella", I've always found "Wenda" a great witch/sorceress name but don't quite like the sound of it. After playing around with various sounds I mixed it with "Bella" and got what you see here.

I like making up names, hehe, incase you can't tell. b:victory
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Erikose - Heavens Tear
    Erikose - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Erikose is the name of the eternal champion in the mike moorcock books.
  • Szaellapollo - Sanctuary
    Szaellapollo - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    that's all i'm going to say...

btw, if anyone can identify which specific chapter of which manga I got this name from, and if they are from the Sanctuary server, meet me by the giant tree near the Elf starting point and I will give you every item I own.
    I am the Sage of the Threads, and I bow to youb:thanks

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity...and I'm not so sure about the first one." - Albert Einsteinb:beatup
  • Rianya - Heavens Tear
    Rianya - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Rianya is actually the name of my character in a story I wrote. She was a cat demon and when she wasn't in her true form she had cat ears and a cat tail. So, I basically recreated her from the story, except in the story she wore jeans and a red tank top. lol.
    Just love me and fear me like the terrifying **** goddess that I am and all will be well.
    -
    Chars/Servers
    Rianya/Veno/Lvl. 32/Heavens Tear
    Halliana/BM/Lvl. 7/Heavens Tear
    NekoiReyane/Assassin/Lvl. 16/Heavens Tear
  • Rieango - Sanctuary
    Rieango - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    My name was a last ditch effort to come up with something close to my actual name that no one else might have. Originally it was Rieano. The Rie is pronounced like Ry making the name Ryano; allot like the classic literary character Cyrano. However, I made a secondary character later on of a different class, and named him Rieango. I preferred the attributes of the character Rieango, and so I used it more.
  • kudo42
    kudo42 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Kudo is from Detective Conan's main character, Shininchi Kudo. 42 is the meaning of life