Can't turn on/off Soften/Warp/Sun+Moon Options

engel0
engel0 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Support Desk
Hello.

After reinstalling my computer i can't seem to turn on/off following options in game: Soften, Warp, Sun/Moon

I'm running GeForce 7300 GT with the newest drivers...

Any help had be appreciated.
Post edited by engel0 on

Comments

• Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    This may sound goofy but could it be that your graphicscard is simply overheating?
  • engel0
    edited October 2008
    naw my graphic cards temprature is ok o_o sides that...temprature of my graphiccard doesnt have to do anything with in game options <.<

Edit: installed newest directx and still cant change those options
    edited October 2008
    It could have actually I saw it before on another forum. :/
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Please make sure you have the most recent nVidia drivers installed, straight from the web site, rather than the ones on the disc that came with the card.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • David_bowie - Sanctuary
    David_bowie - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Did you click apply and confirm?
  • engel0
    edited October 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    Please make sure you have the most recent nVidia drivers installed, straight from the web site, rather than the ones on the disc that came with the card.

they are from websites :(
  • engel0
    edited October 2008
    so any more ideas ._.?!
    edited October 2008
  • engel0
    edited October 2008

thanks, sent one in see what i get helped ._.
  • engel0
    edited November 2008
    so after mailing the tech support they said its a graphic card option that isnt enabled, but they couldnt tell me which graphic cad option is related to this game options im missing...
    maybe someone elseknows? ;_;
  • engel0
    edited November 2008
    help? :(

oh ya add-on, gamma option is affected by this too and really makes it hard to play -_-
    refraction is affected as well...

i have looked through help in my graphic cards support but they cant help me unless i know what option is related to those options...
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Did we ask you to Verify your files in the game's front end?

Have you researched your card to see if there are any recalls for it?

How old is your system?

Have you opened it up and sprayed it out with a can of air, or air compressor to get rid of dust, hair and debris?

Redownloaded and re-installed the game, and that didn't help either?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Suzuno - Heavens Tear
    Suzuno - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    them saying it's a graphics card option that's not enabled sounds like BS to me.

make sure you've got the latest forceware drivers, or, at least the best latest one (I prefer 175.16 it's old, but it has really good performance)

Have you tried changing your options via the patcher by hitting settings?

if all else fails, I guess you could try changing those options in your systemsettings.ini file
  • engel0
    edited November 2008
    Did we ask you to Verify your files in the game's front end?

Have you researched your card to see if there are any recalls for it?

How old is your system?

Have you opened it up and sprayed it out with a can of air, or air compressor to get rid of dust, hair and debris?

Redownloaded and re-installed the game, and that didn't help either?

Yes, done that.

My Graphics card support can't help me since they don't know which option is related to the game options.

New bought in March. All Drivers up to date, no virus no spamware or anything.

Yes, i did clean it.

Done that also, didn't work.
    them saying it's a graphics card option that's not enabled sounds like BS to me.

make sure you've got the latest forceware drivers, or, at least the best latest one (I prefer 175.16 it's old, but it has really good performance)

Have you tried changing your options via the patcher by hitting settings?

if all else fails, I guess you could try changing those options in your systemsettings.ini file

It's the only thing that's logical that some graphic card option isn't enabled.

The Patcher options get disabled as soon i get ingame, then the ingame settings count.

I'm not gonna go into a systemfile, that's not allowed.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2008
    SystemSettings.ini isn't a system file; it's the config file in the Perfect World directory. Actually, if you haven't done so already, you could try deleting or renaming it, then starting the game and seeing if it works better. It's located in the element\userdata folder. Also, one other thing I thought of... Are you using Windows Vista?
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Go to Control Panel, nVidia Control Panel. Make sure that anything that can be set to Application Controlled is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • engel0
    edited November 2008
    I have all my settings set to Application controlled but a few that don't allow it. I don't know which of those options that don't allow Application controll are related to my issue and i don't wanna mess up my pc trying it, hence why i'm asking what option this issu is related to ;/
  • xd4rkn3ss
    xd4rkn3ss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i cant do the options either and im stuck on what to enable..... in my nvidia graphics control panel so what tab i go on and what i enable?
  • xd4rkn3ss
    xd4rkn3ss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    in Chinese version i could be able to use all the following features so i'm not sure why it will not let me in the English Version.... I mean i got some to work be reinstalling then verifying but shadows and soften still wont enable neither will water clouds...

Also people with not enough things on there computer can still use it but they just lagg like hell....

By the way what is actually gama i didn't really understand that
  • engel0
    edited November 2008
    I am still on the problem... -_- any new ideas comeing up yet?
This discussion has been closed.