Two suggestions

Armethil - Sanctuary
Armethil - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Suggestion Box
OK, paying for chatting in the global channel, I agree. But other than that the normal channel covers very small area around you. Most games have something like shouting that can be heard at wider range. Usually people around me aren't very talkative and I feel separated from the world! Right now the chatting is like you get everything or nothing. Pls add some wider area chat. In the trailer it says that the international version of the game has been released this fall, so it's still new and there are few players => allmost nobody to talk to.
The second thing is about the site and I'm not sure if this is the right place: to be able to display how many people are playing. This way the game could attract more players, since the first thing that my friends asked me when I told them about PW is "how many people are playing this game?" I can't even see how many people have registered in the forum, so I couldn't tell them and they were like "then the game sux".
I'm sorry if theese have been asking before, but I didn't find anything with the search. I also apologise for my lack of english knowledge if the readers can't understand what I want to say.
1. Armethil - Sanctuary
2. Kethalinal - Dreamweaver
Post edited by Armethil - Sanctuary on

Comments

• infrared
    infrared Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I think what would work well for the chat issue would be to have a regional chat. Being that this is an open world map that might be difficult to do. Of course enlarging the chat range would work well too depending on how far you could receive messages from. 100m, 200 m ranges or more possibly.
  • maxrf
    maxrf Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well in some games when you reach an high level or status you can use a special chat that everyone can see across all the map. In PWI it as been replace by World chat, where you have to pay to talk in... It's not that bad, just sad for us that many childs flooding it sometime....

Normal chat, is use to talk to people in a close range around you.... For a larger area shout, people usually use a chat like "Trade" wich normally cover area like a town or a hunting ground. In PWI though the trade chat is restricted by a level... and not sure of it range. Maybe it would be beneficial to remove restriction on the trade chat and let it cover a bigger area.
  • Zolaren - Sanctuary
    Zolaren - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You can always join a guild and use the guild chat - personally I'd rather do that than chat with random strangers around me anyway ;)
  • Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    Altihnkai - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    that shout would be spammed by noobs as i experienced in many mmorpgs.. :) so no thnx.. there for i kinda agree with payed world chat ;)

as for player count.. yer i'd agree
  • Wolfengard - Sanctuary
    Wolfengard - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I agree with paying for world chat. However, increasing the normal chat range would only encourage spam. And as for player numbers, it would be nice to actually see how many people are playing this game.