Patcher.exe not responding

xd4rkn3ss
xd4rkn3ss Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Support Desk
Hey guys for you know i have been having problems when i installed the client. I installed everything fine in less than 2 hours and verified it. But now i cannot start the game without picking my perfect world update server which i obviously cannot do. So i face this problem for 2 whole days when i finally look in my task manager, i also found the game update in my tasks. I hit End Now and it says it does not respond. Then After it says Patcher.exe is a non-responsive program and I tried this again it it still does not respond. Do i have to go in my Perfect World folder and click on the install button again? Was it a download problem?? I just utterly don't understand!

Help As My Patcher.exe is not responding....
Post edited by xd4rkn3ss on

Comments

• surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2008
    Please refer to this thread. Specifically, the second post. Let me know whether or not that fixes your problem.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• xd4rkn3ss
    edited November 2008
    not one bit.. Lemmie make it clearer to you. You see it will not let me as it get a stupid error saying Please Select Update Server i click ok then it comes back in less half a second again!! so it wont let me select it. Then i go in task manager and as usual patcher.exe don't respond. I tried the manual patch and the error comes up on update settings still..... help :(

So would i have to install again or click on the install button in my perfect world folder..

Please don't let this thread die as i really need the help
  • surtr
    edited November 2008
    When it asks you to select the Update Server, please choose "Patch" from the dropdown menu in the upper-right corner.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• xd4rkn3ss
    edited November 2008
    ok it gives me an error message saying client file corrupted. When i manual update that is. What does it mean??
  • xd4rkn3ss
    edited November 2008
    look it won't let me!!!! it gives error! so it wont let me select patch!! from update server! b:angry

It gives a error per second ok!! so it wont let me select anything from update settings..

Note: It gives me a error saying when i manual patch saying game client corrupted every time i manual patch it so basically its corrupted?
  • xd4rkn3ss
    edited November 2008
    if corrupted tell me what i have to do......
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You can edit your on posts, xd4rkn3ss.

Anyway, clicking Verify may help, as may making sure that you can communicate to the patch server. Check this url and make sure you see the word "ngnix", and that none of your antivirus or security software is blocking the launcher.

If that doesn't work uninstalling and reinstalling may be a better bet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surtr
    edited November 2008
    Could you post a screenshot of the error message you're seeing?
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

• xd4rkn3ss
    edited November 2008
    snap1do4.th.pngthpix.gif
    Click on it to get bigger
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Have you tried the Verify option in the front end of the game?

Start the game, select Verify, click on Yes, and let the game verify that your game client's files match the server-side versions of the files. It will also redownload any files that don't match.

This will take some time. Please be patient.

After this process is done, try to get into the game again and see if the same issue(s) occur.

If this does not help, you may need to uninstall, and then re-install and freshly patch the game.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • xd4rkn3ss
    edited November 2008
    snap2uk6.th.pngthpix.gif
    Sorry Wont let me do all pics

snap3wk1.th.pngthpix.gif

• xd4rkn3ss
    edited November 2008
    snap1do4.th.pngthpix.gif
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You may need to un-install, delete all files, redownload, and re-install.

Maybe try the bittorrent link here: http://www.perfectworld.com/download/client

Download and install http://www.utorrent.com, then click on the Bittorrent link.

It might give you a better download, and less chance of corrupted files, lost packets of data.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.