[GUIDE] Spear Warriors

draztik
draztik Posts: 24
edited January 2009 in Blademaster
Ive been playing Spear warriors for a long time - in the MY-CN version - and am a spear warrior now.

Spear warriors have a total of 3 AoE's from their mastery, and yes they are all aoe's that attck in a straight line(except for the final skill). You may have to line your mobs up for your AoE's to be effective. Once you hit lvl49 and get Meteor Rush(the knockback AoE) things will start to go more smoothly in PvE. You can start to line them up and use your other 2 AoE's - Frantic Draco slash and Cleaving Splash - knock them all back, and repeat when the mobs return to you. You will see how effective this is.

Spear warriors in PvP, imho, are actually one of the best...as long as you make it a PvP build - and by pvp build, meaning you need a good amount of AGI and CON. The usual PvE build for spear warrior is minimum requirements for your weapons and the rest in Con. The PvP build for spear warriors is - enough Str to weild a Spear, and enough Agi to weild a Sword, then the rest goes to Con. With that build, wearing jewls that increase dodge, you will be dodging those Heavy melee types quite a bit in PvP. When it comes down to fighting Mages, Priests, and Archers this is where your HP and your Long range serves as your defence. Spear warriors have 2 long range attcks - Dragon Emerge, from the universal mastery...and Back Thrust, from the spear mastery. The long range of these 2 skills combined with your stuns and bleeds, will murder those running Mages. Since mages, archers, and priests, have such low HP...it is important that you use your 2 bleed skills since they stack - the first bleed skill is Short Burst, and the second is Whisk Stab from the spear mastery - and dont forget THESE BLEEDS STACK!!!!.

Spear Wuxia: Tactical type Wu Xia, hit hard but most importantly, HIT SOMETHING. Most spear skills are very useful and tactical. Spear Wu xia are like transformers, they can become Sword types anytime they want and wear light armor

Mini Guide

I will explain 2 Spear warrior builds to you, and I would advise that you choose one - PvP build, or more towards PvE.

So lets start with the PvP build for a spear warrior(which is my build now). For STR you only need just enough to weild your Spear, for AGI you add enough to weild a one-handed Sword(not blade), and then the rest goes to CON. You should wear dodge type jewls with this kind of build for it to be really effective.

Now for PvE builds its quite simple, STR/CON build are the way to go. So for this build you add just enough STR to meet the weapon requirement, just enough AGI for the weapon requirement, and the rest goes to CON. The type of jewls you should be wearing is phys defence jewls.

You may be wondering why you need CON so much, simply because it keeps you alive. You may not notice how affective CON is at your lvl, but when you reach around lvl55+ you will see how much CON really is important because for us Spear warriors CON and our long range serves as our defence against Magics.

Now here is a list of what you should be using and what should be maxed.

Short Burst(bleed) - very good when maxed - can stack with your other bleed skill to really hurt those low hp types.

Aeolian Blade(stun) - MAX this for sure - has a 50% chance of stun when maxed, great dmg, perfect for both pvp/pve.

Whisk Stab(AoE bleed) - this is your other bleed skill which can stack with your other bleed skill. both combined is a great DoT - leave it at lvl2 till lvl60.

Back Thrust - your ultimate long ranged attck - lvl this up right away, this will be your main skill - your perfect attck against long range types and awesome dmg - at max lvl shoots at a distance of 15.0 m.

Dragon Emerge - your other long range attck from the universal tree - max this for good dmg - this acts as a great filler while your other long shot cools down.

Frantic Draco Slash(half AoE) - this does not have to be maxed, it is just a prerequisite for Cleaving Splash - keep this at lvl 5

Cleaving Splash(AoE) - MAX this for sure, this serves as your main AoE attck, great dmg.

Meteor Rush(AoE knockback) - MAX this - your greatest grinding skill, the knockback AoE. Tactic for grinding: run around to lure mobs, when gathered quickly use Cleaving Splash, Frantic Draco, then knock the mobs all back with Meteor Rush. When they return to you your AoE's should be cooled down - then repeat.

Frost Glacier(ultimate AoE) - MAX this - now this is the skill im talking about - the pride and joy of Spear warriors. This is your ultimate AoE attck which you get at lvl59. It lowers the phys and mag defence of your opponents, thus making your next few attcks A LOT more painful to your enemy. This skill costs 2 fury points so it wont be used as much as your other skills.

Lion Roar - MAX this, your AoE stun.

Cloud Sprint - have this skill maxed by lvl60 to get Striding Stroll Sprint

Defensive type skills that should be maxed right away.

Auric Shell Barrier
Muscle Alter Sutra
Marrow Alter Sutra
Diamond Sutra

Enjoy :cool:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Zanko - Lost City
    Zanko - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Yay nice guide, seen it in PW-MY, but I'm going Axe/Spear so enough STR for Axe use, enough DEX for blade.
    I will have little CON but once I choose Sage*Heaven* my defense will increase dramaticly, and add hp stones on my gears.:p
    By the way their are 3 types of spears you can use, longblade ,pike,and mace I think, wich should you be using?

Zanko~
  • draztik
    edited September 2008
    Well it all depends on the build you went with. If you went with the PvP build and you will be using the HH weapons, go with the Longblade. The different stats on the HH Longblades benefit the pvp build a lot more.

EDIT: lol hey whats up dude, its been awhile huh. Haha, every version of PW I go to, your always there lol. I quit the other version at around 90+, and since my friends from vent are moving here I'm gunna start fresh.

I didn't start this version yet. I plan to start on the weekend since Im still busy with classes.

Btw: How do you get a pic in your avatar....I cant see the options for that.
  • Zanko - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Ehh once you make a character, logg on forums, go to avatar settings, press on the character you are using in game, and it shows the class and lvl of your character and what server he/she is on in your avatar;)

Hey I know your guide is PvP based, but would being a pure spear build be any good for TW? thats why I'm using axe too,lol

And I dont know about spears at higher lvls, but at low lvls they look kinda ugly:(

Zanko~
  • deathemperor
    deathemperor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Zenko, what are CON and AGIL ? this International version there are VIT,STR,DEX,Mag, can you specify more about CON and AGIL, what are they in this Inter-Version ? did you mean DEX and VIT ?
  • draztik
    edited September 2008
    Ehh once you make a character, logg on forums, go to avatar settings, press on the character you are using in game, and it shows the class and lvl of your character and what server he/she is on in your avatar;)

Hey I know your guide is PvP based, but would being a pure spear build be any good for TW? thats why I'm using axe too,lol

And I dont know about spears at higher lvls, but at low lvls they look kinda ugly:(

Zanko~

The thing about Axe/Spear builds is that you won't be able to max out your main skill tree till your lvl89. People do not realize how hard it is to max two skill trees, it costs ALOT of SP and ALOT of GOLD, so its quite the difficult task. Since I wanna be a PK'er I diverted my build towards taking out Mages and Archers and thats what the Spears are best for. With my PvP/PK build I have the right amount of Accuracy to be hitting Archers constantly and with the range of the Spear and its attacks, those running Mages are not a problem.
  • deathemperor
    deathemperor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Draztik, you dont mind to answer my question above ? what are CON and AGIL in this internation version ? did you mean CON = VIT and AGIL = DEX ?
  • draztik
    edited September 2008
    Draztik, you dont mind to answer my question above ? what are CON and AGIL in this internation version ? did you mean CON = VIT and AGIL = DEX ?

Oh yes, sorry about that. Im still use to the names in the other version.

Yes, CON = VIT and AGI = DEX
  • Zanko - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Well I just hit lvl 29 and am thinking if I should take the axe or spear skill, or both.
    Got any Spear PVP videos or something,to be honest I never seen a single Spear skill before,xD

You know what, I'll try out your build first I guess, and if it doesnt fit, I'll go Spear/Axe =)
    Any tips or strategy's to lvl with spears? I know nothing about their skills.
    Meh still cant decide, I need to experience both skills myself:(

And I accidently got lvl 1 Oceans Edge, guess that was a mistake.

Zanko~
  • draztik
    edited September 2008
    Well I just hit lvl 29 and am thinking if I should take the axe or spear skill, or both.
    Got any Spear PVP videos or something,to be honest I never seen a single Spear skill before,xD

You know what, I'll try out your build first I guess, and if it doesnt fit, I'll go Spear/Axe =)
    Any tips or strategy's to lvl with spears? I know nothing about their skills.
    Meh still cant decide, I need to experience both skills myself:(

And I accidently got lvl 1 Oceans Edge, guess that was a mistake.

Zanko~

Well if your already familiar with Axe skills and such, then I guess you should go with that. Since you were planning on a Axe/Spear build, you can lvl to 89 with the Axe then branch off to some Spear skills. That would probably be best for you since you seem to be interested in that more. Wouldn't want you to choose something that doesn't fit your taste. Its all up to you.
  • Zanko - Lost City
    edited September 2008
    Its alright.

PM me in game sometime:p
    5/5 for guide

Zanko~
  • Nukems - Heavens Tear
    Nukems - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    awesome guide. can you make one for axe users? =]
  • draztik
    edited September 2008
    I don't really have much experience with Axes to be making guides about em, but I can link you to a guide from one of the top Axers on the MY-EN version. ---> Click Here for Axe Guide
  • Nukems - Heavens Tear
    Nukems - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    oh nice. thanks!
    are the skill names different by any chance? cause i can't find a number of them on the skill database.
  • Daoso - Heavens Tear
    Daoso - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    oh nice. thanks!
    are the skill names different by any chance? cause i can't find a number of them on the skill database.

Some are, but here's a little skill guide you can take a peek at: http://www.ecatomb.net/skill.php
  • Regor - Lost City
    Regor - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Draztic in the spear pvp build when you said to add enough agi for a 1 handed sword, does that also include dual swords?
  • draztik
    edited October 2008
    Draztic in the spear pvp build when you said to add enough agi for a 1 handed sword, does that also include dual swords?

You can, but the One handed sword is still more than enough AGI. Just be sure to have the required amount every 10 lvls.
  • Leiwulong - Heavens Tear
    Leiwulong - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Thanks for this awesome Guide. Slowly working my way through the guide. Although I think i got the leap forwad/back skill thinking it would be useful. Haven't really needed to use them yet. :D
  • demuffin
    demuffin Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    How about our armor? Do we have to add to it's requirements? Pls help,I'm new=)
  • aj46
    aj46 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    hey there, i just wanted to know what you mean with "you just add enough Str and Agi to meet the weapon requirement" ( i know what str and agi means but how am i supposed to know when to stop adding points to those stats) or do you mean that i just add so much str and agi to my char untill it is enough for the weapon i want to use??
  • vallove00
    vallove00 Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    aj46 wrote: »
    hey there, i just wanted to know what you mean with "you just add enough Str and Agi to meet the weapon requirement" ( i know what str and agi means but how am i supposed to know when to stop adding points to those stats) or do you mean that i just add so much str and agi to my char untill it is enough for the weapon i want to use??

Hmm... I following his guide too... This is my little suggestion on the minimal of str and agi (dex).

1) Save at least 5 stats point, in case for some 'better' weapon or amor you may find that you like it, and don't have the requirement for it.

2) Try write down the minimun requirement of weapon and armor on a piece of paper. In this way, you can roughly guage what is the 'minimal requirement' for that item itself.

Usually it is about 2:1 (str:agi (dex)).. and the rest goes to vit. But again, sometimes you may get better armor which requirement more dex, hence, saving up of 5 stats point may help in it...
  • kanshou
    kanshou Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Should PoleBlade Mastery be maxed as well?
    Dai-Fuku =]
  • V_a_l - Heavens Tear
    V_a_l - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I will suggest to max out the 'Spear' or PoleBlade mastery.... =)
    Cherish what you have now... Do not regret when you lose it... =)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Goldrac - Lost City
    Goldrac - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i hawe question, im trying folowing this guide, hawe 20lvl fb weap, but so far, i hawe str more than vit? even heavy armor req more str than pole weaps. so its still ok? later maybe ill need less str to add or sthg? coz now i dont see how i can get that huge amount of hp
  • V_a_l - Heavens Tear
    V_a_l - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Same too... I am following and found out that I have more Str than vit...
    Hence, I start to follow the 'spear' build from another thread.

Which is:
    Even lvl: 3/1/1 (Str/Dex/Vit)
    Old lvl: 3/2 (Str/Vit)
    Cherish what you have now... Do not regret when you lose it... =)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You will always have more STR than VIT.

And V_a_l , that build:

Even lvl: 3/1/1 (Str/Dex/Vit)
    Old lvl: 3/2 (Str/Vit)

Is kind of fail, if you want to be a Polearm BladeMaster, you need at least 1 DEX per level. So it would be:

Even Levels: 3 STR | 1 DEX | 1 VIT
    Odd Levels: 2 STR | 1 DEX | 2 VIT
  • Goldrac - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    ok i hawe question about firts bleed skill, does it in last lvls do more dmg than normal skills? coz otherway what point to use it? in pve there is no dif if its dot or inta, but in pvp, its no use, id beter use insta skill for same dmg than let my target to heal itself while dot ticks .... so, does in last lvls it do way more dmg than normal skills?
  • draztik
    edited November 2008
    The point of this Bleed skill is to use it with the Spear Bleed skill you get at lvl29. These 2 bleeds will stack dealing some nice dmg. Of course this bleed skill is not very useful on WB or BM's, I use this combination of bleeds to really hurt those running Mages, then followed by my 2 long shots......= Dead.
  • draztik
    edited November 2008
    BTW this is basically my build.

even lvls: 3 STR, 2 DEX
    odd lvls: 2 STR, 2 VIT , 1 DEX
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    For lower levels, like 48 and lower, it's one of your best skills if you have it maxed. Past level 50, it's not that great anymore, but it's still a good help.

Let's say you have a normal attack of 1400, and your Bleed at level 10 deals 310 per tick. You will have an increase of 310 damage for 15 seconds. Meaning each of your hits will deal 1710 instead of 1400.

It's an 22% damage increase at level 10. Of course, the higher level you get, the less % it will be (depending on your new equipment).

And during PvP you use it in combo with your other bleed skill, Piercing Winds, and it will give problems to most squishy classes, when you combine it with your strong skills.

So it's your choice to max it or not. Me, as an Spear BM, I have it maxed to level 10, and I don't regret having it at that level.
  • Goldrac - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    well if in 10th lvl itll do more dot that normal atak skill, then it has use. but draztick, first bleed skill isnt long range, and until some lvls, it does same dmg as normal 1hit skill, i mean, it hits let say 700 over time, while other skills hit 700 instant, so what point use bleed when ur target can heal himself, when u can hit instant dmg.

ofcourse, if i understand corectly, i hope u ment 1400 skill dmg, then dot would be much more when ticks 310dmg, but if its normal atack, then i asume skill will do same dmg as dot agein =/ ofcourse its personal choise, but agein i would chose insta dmg than dot, since both can miss and when crited dot, its way less efective than crited insta dmg skill