game automatically close when i go afk and a disconnection question

silverqt
silverqt Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Support Desk
hi i was wondering if its normal that my game automatically shuts down when i go afk doesnt matter in town just standing for awile afk or in stallmode and is there anyway to fix it . Also why do people get disconected i joined couple days ago and yesterday on quest i dced like ten times lol and was dead each time when i logged back in my exp went from 60 to 0% lol :S and always in the same spot too the quest after the fb19 one where u kill 30 each of the 3 mobs
Post edited by silverqt on

Comments

• silverqt
    edited November 2008
    can someone please help me so i dont get booted outta the game when in merchant its really annoying and i dont no how to fix it. im new to the game
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well this helped me with the same situation..

Upgrade your graphicscard, if you have Windows XP or lower please install the East Asian Language pack from your original Windows CD. Also make sure it is not your connection or have any programs running in the background.
  • silverqt
    edited November 2008
    my graphics card? and updated everything my drivers my bio etc ihad perfect world malaysha on it before and that game was fine no discconections and no when i go afk the game never closed on me before and i used the same internet connection am wireless but when i go on game im plugged in. Im not sure how it can be my graphics if perfect world malayasa worked fine and i come here and its junk also im not on xp im on windows vista
    edited November 2008
    I'm on Vista too it was just a suggestion. Anyway for some reason it worked for me when I updated my graphics don't ask me why it is just what happened when I had it.
  • silverqt
    edited November 2008
    ok i decided to try ur solution i went onto my dell site and updated my everything again that was there just to be sure and went in game and shop mode once again when i woke up the game wasnt running on my laptop. If this helps i have a dell insperon 1521 amd dual core proccessor direct x10 windows vista and not sure but i think its 64 bit.
    edited November 2008
    Dual core? Well try this:

I have a dual or quad-core processor and the game is not running correctly!

If you are using one, you may have to change the Affinity settings for the processor to run the
    game better.

To do this, start the game and then press Ctrl + Alt + Del to bring up the Task Manager. In the
    processes tab, find elementclient.exe. Right-click on it and choose Set Affinity.

Untick/uncheck all but one CPU, then select OK.
  • silverqt
    edited November 2008
    k k ill look into that
  • silverqt
    edited November 2008
    k im in game now and tryed what u said but it said operation cannot be completed and the access is denied. when i ran the game i ran as administrater
    edited November 2008
    Have you tried doing it as an administrator?
  • silverqt
    edited November 2008
    yup i always do that to my games all the time
  • silverqt
    edited November 2008
    ooh i showed process to all and i tried it again and i see it cpu 0 and cpu 1 are already checkmarked so do i ucheck cpu0 or cpu1
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2008
    Either one.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• silverqt
    edited November 2008
    k ty i uncheck 0 and hopefully it will fix this ill go afk for a couple hours and see. thanks for the help i really appreciate it
  • silverqt
    edited November 2008
    ok i unchecked cpu0 and left 1 checkmarked didnt work. when i went to bed i i left cpu0 marked and cpu1 unchecked woke up out of the game :s. this is very frustrating
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Send a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

We'll try to narrow things down and help you try to solve your issues.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
This discussion has been closed.