pig iron

elrohir6789
elrohir6789 Posts: 17 Arc User
edited August 2011 in The Crafting Nook
i know i am terrible, but where can i get pig iron? i cant find any? i just started crafting, and need it for blacksmith one
future veno (when the new servers come out. gonna b on the PvE server)
formally demodude level 45 BM on sanctuary
Plazmawolf: if you yell at SRAFF to do TT one more time im gonna kick your !@#$%^& @$^ got it?b:laugh
Post edited by elrohir6789 on

Comments

• omegaprime83
    omegaprime83 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    well as you know sometimes when you havest something the resulting item is different. In this case it could not be more true.

Iron Mine = Pig ore

Sandstone Mine = Sandstone

Rough Coal mine = Coal Dust

and the like.

After some pondering I realized for the apothecary items have the same name when you mine them strange isnt it...
  • Arenamanager - Sanctuary
    Arenamanager - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    They also spawn in more or less the same places, so if you don't feel like running around looking for them, just sit, loiter, ponder about the meaning of life in one spot for some time
  • sweaty
    sweaty Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    They also spawn in more or less the same places, so if you don't feel like running around looking for them, just sit, loiter, ponder about the meaning of life in one spot for some time

Boring! There has to be a better way
    Don't Sweat it.
  • Arenamanager - Sanctuary
    Arenamanager - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    run around like a headless chicken and harvest any iron (or any mats for that matter) you come across, its like a trail of bread crumbs, but iron is few and far between
  • sweaty
    edited November 2008
    I think I would rather be a headless chicken than a sloth :).
    Don't Sweat it.
  • Shuusuke101 - Sanctuary
    Shuusuke101 - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    wow that sounds so boring ... think ill leave crafting tbh :P better off leveling somwhere
  • elrohir6789
    elrohir6789 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    so where can i get it? or around where? noone said? is there really no place where i can go and depend on it being there?
    future veno (when the new servers come out. gonna b on the PvE server)
    formally demodude level 45 BM on sanctuary
    Plazmawolf: if you yell at SRAFF to do TT one more time im gonna kick your !@#$%^& @$^ got it?b:laugh
  • faust666
    faust666 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ive found pig iron pops up quite often around city of the lost. its where i do my farming no matter which race i happen to be at the time
  • sweaty
    edited November 2008
    It is every where but spread out pretty well, and it is in mostly lower level areas
    Don't Sweat it.
  • omegaprime83
    omegaprime83 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I think thats sorta sick... you just get into the game and boom you have to have a requirement to get that item.... mat. So you kinda get frusterated and then you realize you have to spend 2k for something to take up space in your inventorty to gather the mats. All the while finallly at a descent level around 7 or so you have to back track to your beggining and mine them.... well not evil completly just a little sick.
  • demonicangell
    demonicangell Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I think thats sorta sick... you just get into the game and boom you have to have a requirement to get that item.... mat. So you kinda get frusterated and then you realize you have to spend 2k for something to take up space in your inventorty to gather the mats. All the while finallly at a descent level around 7 or so you have to back track to your beggining and mine them.... well not evil completly just a little sick.

Ummmm OK i dont get wear your coming from but mining mats can sometime be a bit tidious
    Server: Lost City
    Guild:Starting A Guild Named ~Angellz~ All Welcome To Join
    Name: DemonicAngell
    Class:Archer
    Current Level: 13
    Profession: BlackSmith
  • bumponthehead
    bumponthehead Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    mats are all over the place. pay attention while you quest and you'll soon know where to look.
  • Cordent - Sanctuary
    Cordent - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    mats are all over the place. pay attention while you quest and you'll soon know where to look.

Yah, if you just keep an eye out, you'll soon find them ... it's not really that hard. What's really a pain is getting enough to level up your skill. And then once you hit about lvl 19, you can start harvesting the low level mats (as opposed to 'lowest' like Pig Iron) - then you run into real issues with Inventory space ...

And they reappear about 10 minutes after harvesting - once you get to know where a few are are, you can kind of make up a circuit and keep looping for awhile ...

For Pig Iron, the one hint I would say is it seems to me it's more prevalent in the mountains
  • Iceglider - Lost City
    Iceglider - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    where can you find a rough coal mine??? i found this place where everthing is exept that so where do i find it???? i have 4 and i need 11 more
  • msmegalomani
    msmegalomani Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    There is some iron ore just outside the south side of lost city. If it isn't there it should appear shortly. I am a venomancer, so I usually just level up my pet while I'm waiting for it to appear. There are plenty of monsters to keep you entertained while you wait.
  • roodawg
    roodawg Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    necro ... oh whoa oh... i say necro ... oh whoa oh... yaaab:chuckle
  • rem098
    rem098 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i know i am terrible, but where can i get pig iron? i cant find any? i just started crafting, and need it for blacksmith one

found some near inn of the eagle
  • Padixeric - Sanctuary
    Padixeric - Sanctuary Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    rem098,

that's nice of you to give an answer.
    even first post and all...
    BUT: check the date the last posts were made please and inform yourself about rules - especially about necroing threads here.

2nd necro btw
  • Gwenibeth - Archosaur
    Gwenibeth - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010

1.) If you have a Pickaxe (bought at a merchant), run around until you see Iron (just plain old Iron rock)
    2.) Mine it
    OR

Go to Archosaur (or any other capital city) and see if any Consigment shops have Pig Iron ☺
    b:quiet I'm Back b:quiet
  • hoffman51
    hoffman51 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    what are mats?
  • ShinSein - Harshlands
    ShinSein - Harshlands Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    hoffman51 wrote: »
    what are mats?

/facepalm
    [SIGPIC]http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/ZeroAngel08/Shinsein.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Thanks goes to Dorset!
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

ShinSein - Harshlands (Alt/Main)
    Shinsetsu - Lothranis (French Main)
    +Bring sexy back - Complete b:victory
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    *slams coffin closed and nails it shut*

That's more than enough of this particular necro...

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.