Meaning of Life

Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Off-Topic Discussion
I don't understand the true meaning of life. It has puzzled me. So help me and tell me what you think it is.
Post edited by Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Skitles - Heavens Tear
    Skitles - Heavens Tear Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I have thought about it many times.. My conclusion? To live
    Anything and many things can happen anytime, anywhere...and you don't know for sure what happens beyond death, just live life as you chose it and live it well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sig by ForsakenX~
  • warriorofoi
    warriorofoi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    b:angry burning bear cause hes a witch
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well according to the Hichikers Guide to the Galaxy, the meaning of life is 42. Make of it what you will.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The meaning of life will differ between people because of their religious beliefs (which we can't talk about here) or lack of.

For me, there is no "meaning of life". You live, and you die, like any other living creature on earth. But since we have advanced thinking, we try to pursue some kind of happiness and try to make a positive difference in somebody elses life. Why? I don't know b:victory
  • Nzxraze - Heavens Tear
    Nzxraze - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I second this motion.
  • Deusaeterna - Sanctuary
    Deusaeterna - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    1. you are born
    2. you grow
    3. reproduce(greatly desired yet optional)
    4. you die
    Humans are the only organisms that seeks something beyond what life is. The truth is that everything except these four points is based on the individual. Yet how many can accept this?
  • Foxgodz - Heavens Tear
    Foxgodz - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Only by understanding death,we will be able to understand the reasons for life.Philosophical thought for u there =) And dude from above is just stating an materialistic belief without evidence whatsoever.
  • useful
    useful Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Not to live forever, but to create something that will.
  • Charyasha - Sanctuary
    Charyasha - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    filer
    filer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ).........(\_
    ((______/{"-;
    )).-' {{ ;'`
    ( (. ;._ \\........May the Clan Guardian Run With You Always......... - coad books
  • eneres
    eneres Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    42? That's a hard 'un. I thought it might've been 103.

Aw, lookee the widdle bearsb:victoryb:shockedb:cryb:surrender
  • demonicangell
    demonicangell Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The Meaning Of Life IS TO EAT PIE!!!111!>??!11 =_)
    Server: Lost City
    Guild:Starting A Guild Named ~Angellz~ All Welcome To Join
    Name: DemonicAngell
    Class:Archer
    Current Level: 13
    Profession: BlackSmith
  • Rargle - Lost City
    Rargle - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    All depends on personal belief, or what you make of your own life I suppose; what purpose you give to yourself. We manufacture purpose because not knowing or understanding is terrifying - the same reason we fantasize different "afterlives."

Although it's not a personal belief of mine for everyone to have the same purpose, if there were such a purpose I believe it'd be incomprehensible to humans. Like a dolphin understanding nuclear physics, or explaining the 3D world to a 2D person. If there were a "God" per se, it makes sense to me that this God would be so far removed from our level of understanding that just thinking about it is completely futile. Bit of an agnostic view, I suppose.

But that's just me.
  • Cherris - Heavens Tear
    Cherris - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I'm a christain, so the meaning to my life is to try to follow God no matter wat.
    If i mess up there is forgiveness.
    I kno im going to need it cuz im a human being and I mess up but I kno im going to try not to.
    During my time alive ( cuz I kno im going to die,) Im going to do things that will make me and the Lord happy.
    For example, Im getting married and I'll start a family and so on.

I say this in hope that it will give u an Idea of wat u want. u hav to fiuer out wat u want ur life to be on ur own...
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well according to the Hichikers Guide to the Galaxy, the meaning of life is 42. Make of it what you will.

Monty Python told me "Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Koe - Lost City
    Koe - Lost City Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Perhaps there is no meaning to life other than the fact that we just exist, or is it that we really dont exist but we think we do? If there is a meaning to life, then its probably something that we just cant realize because we all think it is something big, complicated, and complex. Maybe the meaning of life is just to exist, or make a mark in the universe, even if it wont last. Sorry for the metaphysics.
    I'm not mean I'm just being honest.

I'm not insensitive, I just don't give a S.H.I.T!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Foxgodz - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    The problem is there is no objective way to anwer the question without going into

A.Existentialism.B.Metaphysics.C.Religion.D.Spiritualism

Which one of these have phenomena which can objectively be verified?
    Your answer is through one of those doors.

Foxb:victory
  • jaz12
    jaz12 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    this mat sound weird but i think that we were not born with a meaning you have to find it. i want to believe we all have a meaning and that we will find that meaning in something/one i wish to find mine in someone to say ' i was born to be with you' im sorry if this doesnt make sense b:bye b:bye b:bye b:bye
  • Zirconium - Heavens Tear
    Zirconium - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    What is life if not a dream ?

A nightmare
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Sigs >> myweb.tiscali.co.uk/squeek/pages/sigs/sigs.htm
  • Foxgodz - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    What is life if not a dream ?

A nightmare

Even so a nightmare is a dream YOU can change.
  • Teitr - Lost City
    Teitr - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Meaning of life?

Do your best and make it fun, forgive nothing! And for Christ`s sake... LIVE!!!
    It's not a tour! It's a Crusade! b:laugh
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Please don't necro a thread that died over a month ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited December 2008

No, 42 is the answer to life, not the meaning of it.

And the meaning of life is death.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Matrak - Heavens Tear
    Matrak - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Right.I answer this with another question:

What's the meaning of the universe?
    What was BEFORE the Big Bang?
    Even if I'm a Christian(Orthodox,to be more specific),I believe in reincarnation.The purpose of life?Death.Why die?To live.
    What a paradox,eh?
    People have the right to be stupid,some of them just abuse that privilege.
  • Zanko - Lost City
    Zanko - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Here is something that will twist your mind.

Your life is a dream, when you die you actually wake up!! O.o

To be honest I think the meaning of life is to have fun and love one another, and to play PWI!!

Zanko~
  • tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    When we find the cure for death, I am sure someone will figure out what the meaning of life is.
  • keren
    keren Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    TO FULFILL YOUR PASSION!!!
    eg.
    1) I want to eat Pizza today
    2) I want to eat shabu shabu tommorow
    3) I want to eat KFC the next day
    THE PURPOSE OF MY LIFE IS TO FULLFILL ALL THAT!!!!
    AND YOURS COULD BE TOO!!!

HUAHAHAHAHA!! PEACE, LOVE AND UNITY TO THE WORLD!
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The meaning of life is...CHEESE!b:victory

Ok, seriously...b:chuckle

The meaning and purpose of life is to to love and fill everywhere you go and everything that you with love. Then to realize that we are love and although we may seek the answers of the deepest mysteries of the screen of life in our outside world, we find that these very answers that we have been looking for throught the ages have been inside ourselves the whole time, you just have to look deep into yourself to find them. The concept of death, suffering and misery are illusions created by negative human thoughts that are turned into actions and the true essence of Spirit is love, that is what truly makes the world go around. Death, because its an illusion caused by the "separation" of Spirit and Matter, dosen't exist and there is only life since the positive will always overcomes the negative and since everything is life there is no death. Life is just expressed in different ways, weather its life in the essence of Spirit or in our dense Matter universe. The Law of Matter Conservation that says that matter cant be created or destroyed, we can apply it to this concept, meaning that life and love can't be created or destroyed because love and life ARE (have always been there, is there and will always be there) thus being infinite and eternal. b:pleased

If you think love dies when you suddenly hate someone or something, love is still there but it has been changed of polarity (not talking specifically about magnetic charge). All poles of something are the same. Love and hate are the same, just of oppoiste poles, and love can become hate and hate can become love therefore there is just love in distinct forms. Since the nature of things is to always express itself in the positive (good) pole love and life will always triuphm.

Another simpler example is Hot and Cold, they are the same thing, temperature, but when is it Hot and when is it Cold (it may be cold to you but hot for me), when is it hate or when is it love, it all depends on perspective. Life follows the same concept, a dead tree may seem lifeless but its still just as alive as before but in a diferent way, now it becomes soil and becomes just as alive in something else. When someone dies they are just as alive as before but instead of being in the plains of Matter they are now in the plains of Spirit. Matter and Spirit are another example of extremes therefore being one, as Matter serves as the chalice for Spirit to descend, just like water in a cup, the cup gives the water a place to carry on its purpose and the cup serves the purpose for its creaton. This Law of Polarity can be applied to everything and anything, try it and you will see that all opossites may seem to be different things but they are one.

Note: Love and life here are used in an abstract term and not in a specific expression of the two such as the love for others or the life of a flower.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Flesh_Ripper - Heavens Tear
    Flesh_Ripper - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The meaning of life is to...

Rule The World!

b:laugh