Remove Gouf from quest please

swiftlikeafox
swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Chronicles
Since the GMs are so worried about us "exploiting" the gouf bug that they are willing to ban anyone around at the mere sight of a flying pet..... and absolutle refuse to ask the devs to fix it, I ask you to please give us the option of skipping gouf all together...... currently we NEED to kill him for spiritual cultivation.

With the recent bans I'm fairly convined that it's not even worth the risk trying to kill him legit or otherwise..... or for that matter if it's even safe to fly or run by him..........please get rid of him, I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult to alter one little quest.
Post edited by swiftlikeafox on

Comments

• ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    He has wings, make him fly! :D
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lecher - Sanctuary
    Lecher - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i dont even know what this whole Gouf thing is, i think i have a quest to kill him, but i dunno, i just remember seeing the name somewhere in game...

if i'm flying by wherever/whatever he is, and i get banned...

HELL TO PAY!

ps, what is this even about? someone find a glitch in game or something? sounds pretty intense if they're willing to ban over it
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Gouf isn't a big deal to just kill normally. Here, I'll outline the instructions...

1. Join a half-decent guild.
    B. Ask for help.
    c. Kill Gouf.
    4. Enjoy.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • Apothicus - Lost City
    Apothicus - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I agree that the bug needs to be fixed and should have a prioity over some other fixes. But fearing to even fly or go around Gouf is silly.
    I play on Lost City server and the GM's there do an outstanding job at being certain that a ban is warrented. Example: My twin was playing his character and just grinding on exp scrolls. This area also has quests for the mobs he was killing. My twin was tired of being people asking him for a squad and spamming invite on him(spamming invite, those people are annoying). Well to make up lost time on an exp scroll he left the drops alone. Someone reported my twin as a bot and POW, a GM onsite b:laugh Well it took 2 pm's from the GM for my twin to see it and respond back. So, the GM's do infact verify before issueing a ban, at least on Lost City server.
    So really, no need to fear Gouf Lost City people.
  • Onishi - Heavens Tear
    Onishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The complaints here aren't about people abusing the bug. Personally I hate and can't stand the idea of people doing something so cheap. and for leecher and other's benefit, the concept of the bug is simply Gouf will not hit back if he is attacked by a flying pet. so veno's use a flying pet to tank, and turn a challenging boss for a team of 6, into a cakewalk for one person to sit and watch. That is the problem

However the solution the GMs are using is starting to look worse. Basically let me give a recap of claims from recent topics (note I cannot confirm for certain if these claims are true).

Cleric in a team, had a barbarian tanking, and a veno was attacking that had a flying pet attacking all supposedly clueless as to the bug, but since the pet didn't take agro it didn't matter.
    However, GMs saw the flying pet, and imidiately banned all in party for 24 hours.

Event 2, A person was walking by, not even in a party. See's a veno exploiting the glitch, stops to watch for a few minutes. A GM see's the person in the area, assumes he was in group, he get's banned.

I personally have no idea if these are true. I met the cleric though, she seemed pretty nice, and I really do believe her side of the story.

However in response to swift. The GMs have repeatedly stated they have reported the bug to developers. However... basically developers for free MMOs pretty much on every server. Preffer a We'll get to it when we're bored or don't have anything new to add.
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ark wrote: »
    Gouf isn't a big deal to just kill normally. Here, I'll outline the instructions...

B. Ask for help.
    c. Kill Gouf.
    4. Enjoy.

Thank you for being awesome
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ark wrote: »

B. Ask for help.
    c. Kill Gouf.
    4. Enjoy.
    5 . some random veno pass through with a flying pet.
    6. everyone banned.

Understand now????
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
  • Onishi - Heavens Tear
    Onishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    PK who? the GMs? or the veno that happens to walk in the area while your focus is on defeating the boss the legitimate way? Which while far from impossible, is difficult and unless you're being lame and using someone 20 levels over the quest, SHOULD require all your focus.
  • Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Don't want a guild so your out with first suggestion. The GM's and other players are taking this **** way too seriously it's a GAME shut up and play.
  • Neverwas - Heavens Tear
    Neverwas - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ok, i read the other thread related to the gouf bug (that is now closed) and i just want to ask........*how* are these random people supposed to know that it is a bug, much less a bannable offense to kill gouf in that way. i personally stood and watched a veno kill him, while hovering above and never taking a hit and i thought it was cool. i had already killed him in a group, the normal way, but if i had known i could do that i'm sure i would have. are these people banned, just like that, no warning or anything? is the ban permenant?

i just find a ban for this completely insane. i'm guessing the majority of people, who play this game, *don't* read these forums so how are they supposed to know about this before they are just up and banned? i'm not a hardcore online gamer, but i'm not new to them either. if i had not read this here i would have never known i could have been banned for doing something that is the DEVELOPER'S ERROR. instead of banning people who don't know this is wrong, why not FIX the mistake? it's PW's fault that gouf can be killed this way, not the player's. sure some of them know it's wrong and do it anyway, but i guarantee you the majority do not.

"fix" the bug........ban the online gold sellers in archo and the bots. there were at least 10 or so bots farming an area last night while the GMs were "sleeping". i'm guessing they were sleeping since there was no GM's response to any of the reports and world chat calls made by the, maybe 15 people there watching them.
  • Catandra - Lost City
    Catandra - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I have yet to kill Gouf, but I am glad that I read this post before attempting it. If I got banned for this, I would be beyond upset.

Can I point out one simple fact here....

There is a problem with the GAME mechanics. The GAME mechanics is incorrect. The GAME mob can be exploited. Therefore, the people who run the GAME should fix it. This is a GAME DESIGN flaw. Why would a GAME DESIGNER ban people for playing the GAME the way it was created?

Point in case: Game Designer should fix the GAME BUG!

Banning players because the game code is wrong is ludicrous. The servers are taken down so that people lose the Halloween packs they payed real money for with little to no warning. Why not take them down for this?

Make the area so you can't call a flying pet.....
    Make Gouf attack a flying pet.....
    Take Gouf out of the game and replace him with a different mob to kill for that portion of the quest......
    Have the GM's sitting there with their fingers on the "ban" button investigate the groups attacking Gouf before becoming button happy and banning everyone....

Make your players happy.... it's called CUSTOMER SERVICE. You ban players, you lose money. An item mall game is about players spending money often.

Doesn't PWI have a test server where these things get tested before they get put into game? Hasn't this been tested on the Asian servers? Shouldn't all these bugs be worked out already?

(If you need the definition of customer service, I'll be happy to add that later.)

oh wait! I forgot! It's about money.....

~Cat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Catandra - Venomancer - Lost City
    Teamwork is doing everything you need to do in a day, then doing one thing for someone else. What have you done for someone else today?
  • Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Doesn't PWI have a test server where these things get tested before they get put into game? Hasn't this been tested on the Asian servers? Shouldn't all these bugs be worked out already?

(If you need the definition of customer service, I'll be happy to add that later.)

~Cat

My understanding is the "bug" exists in the Asian version also but players are not banned for it.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I have yet to kill Gouf, but I am glad that I read this post before attempting it. If I got banned for this, I would be beyond upset.

Can I point out one simple fact here....

There is a problem with the GAME mechanics. The GAME mechanics is incorrect. The GAME mob can be exploited. Therefore, the people who run the GAME should fix it. This is a GAME DESIGN flaw. Why would a GAME DESIGNER ban people for playing the GAME the way it was created?

Point in case: Game Designer should fix the GAME BUG!

Banning players because the game code is wrong is ludicrous. The servers are taken down so that people lose the Halloween packs they payed real money for with little to no warning. Why not take them down for this?

Make the area so you can't call a flying pet.....
    Make Gouf attack a flying pet.....
    Take Gouf out of the game and replace him with a different mob to kill for that portion of the quest......
    Have the GM's sitting there with their fingers on the "ban" button investigate the groups attacking Gouf before becoming button happy and banning everyone....

Make your players happy.... it's called CUSTOMER SERVICE. You ban players, you lose money. An item mall game is about players spending money often.

~Cat
    Agreed 100%.
    I know PWI has no real PW developer, they just rent the game (or bought a license), but still, here goes a question to PWI GMs:

How hard is it to compare Gouf stats with OTHER monsters that are 100% melee but also can attack flying pets?
  • Elronia - Heavens Tear
    Elronia - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    He does need fixing, but honestly its not that hard as long as you have a half decent group too go with and be prepared for a tough battle. But please fix the bug.
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yea fixing the bug is the best solution, but while waiting for dev's to get that, GM's ban for exploiting said bug.

When a bug is in game it doesnt mean you are allowed to use it. No matter how long it has been.

To make this bug and bans for it known, just spread the word. Should be pretty common knowledge fast,just like bugging it was.

Klath: PWI is a direct subsidiary of PW Beijing, the creator,developer and owner of the game. They arent working through license like the other full of cheaters PW server was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Tara - Lost City
    Tara - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Prove to me that people are being banned for glitching these bosses or quit the BS they want it fixed they will jeez....
  • Mond_chan - Heavens Tear
    Mond_chan - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    doppel posting

Sry
    edited November 2008
    Nice post catty, i agree 100% too
    edited November 2008
    ....Forums bug
    pls delete this posting o.O
  • Everlusting - Lost City
    Everlusting - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    We shouldn't be banned for using a bug. A bug is occurs due to mistakes in programming and game design. It is not the players fault to excute something thats doable in a game.

If there was a platform in a pool and there was a race on who can get to the other side the fastest, I would run on the platform instead of swim across. Just remove the platform if you don't want us to use other methods.

They are banning people instead of fixing the problem because they are too lazy to fix it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • demise
    demise Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    We shouldn't be banned for using a bug. A bug is occurs due to mistakes in programming and game design. It is not the players fault to excute something thats doable in a game.

If there was a platform in a pool and there was a race on who can get to the other side the fastest, I would run on the platform instead of swim across. Just remove the platform if you don't want us to use other methods.

They are banning people instead of fixing the problem because they are too lazy to fix it.

I'm sorry, but have to disagree. If you're attacking a boss and it isn't retaliating in any way, whether it be running like Kun Kun does or just a swipe at you or your pet, you know something is wrong. It takes so much time waiting for a veno to kill Kimsa or Gouf with a bug. Damage is reduced with aerial assaults to ground mobs.

In PW-MY, there was a veno bugging Kimsa. We asked to party her to not only help her and her members kill it, but to quicken the process and she insisted on taking 10 minutes to bug it. She had the right to deny the offer so I don't blame her, but the thing the bothered me is that some people take such pride in bugging a boss. But it's her gameplay anyhow.

As for the comparison, you know running on a pool platform is dangerous as it maybe wet, so why would you put yourself in such a predicament? It maybe your too lazy to swim across instead of blaming the lifeguard or staff there that you slipped and busted your ****. If the lifeguard tells you not to run, you're gonna tell them to remove the platform? Just like if a GM comes around and sees you bugging the boss and you get banned, you're going to blame the GM for doing his/her job?

Even though theres a problem in the game or any situation, as long as you're aware of it, it doesn't mean you have to take advantage it and then complain that you got banned or in trouble. Yes, the bug has existed for some time, but that doesn't give you an excuse. It's better off doing it the proper way so you can learn how to approach it from more than one perspective, instead of relying on one method, such as bugging, all the time.
  • squall425
    squall425 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    There's a difference between knowingly exploiting a bug, and accidentally stumbling on a bug and not realizing you're even abusing it.
    Here are the two scenarios:
    1) You're in a party using a flying bug. The bug isn't attacked, you think you're just not taking aggro like the other members. Fair call, shouldn't be banned, you didn't even know the bug existed. (GMs should really be smacked silly for banning someone in this situation)

2) You fight Gouf alone, with a flying bug, hovering over it and watching your bug kill it without Gouf retaliating. You DEFINITELY know that its a bug, you've read the forums (*cough* this topic...) and realized there's a way to beat this thing the easy way. This imo is bannable. You're openly exploiting a bug that other GMs have warned players about.

If they're still working on fixing it as we speak, and they've warned you not to exploit it.... by all means, listen to the authority members of this game and STOP EXPLOITING IT. If you do, you're playing with fire, and if you get burned for it, no one wants to hear you complain about how painful it was.
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    PK who? the GMs? or the veno that happens to walk in the area while your focus is on defeating the boss the legitimate way? Which while far from impossible, is difficult and unless you're being lame and using someone 20 levels over the quest, SHOULD require all your focus.

It's called being resourceful. In case any idiot wants to deny the use of "resourceful" then I'll add this. It's like not being able to lift a heavy object in real life so you have a stronger person lift it for you. I guess you lame if you do that...
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    squall425 wrote: »
    There's a difference between knowingly exploiting a bug, and accidentally stumbling on a bug and not realizing you're even abusing it.
    Here are the two scenarios:
    1) You're in a party using a flying bug. The bug isn't attacked, you think you're just not taking aggro like the other members. Fair call, shouldn't be banned, you didn't even know the bug existed. (GMs should really be smacked silly for banning someone in this situation)

2) You fight Gouf alone, with a flying bug, hovering over it and watching your bug kill it without Gouf retaliating. You DEFINITELY know that its a bug, you've read the forums (*cough* this topic...) and realized there's a way to beat this thing the easy way. This imo is bannable. You're openly exploiting a bug that other GMs have warned players about.

If they're still working on fixing it as we speak, and they've warned you not to exploit it.... by all means, listen to the authority members of this game and STOP EXPLOITING IT. If you do, you're playing with fire, and if you get burned for it, no one wants to hear you complain about how painful it was.

Great thing that makes this argument completely invalid. They're not working on it.
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Gm's if I get banned for using a tactic that isnt allowed but im still capadable of doing because something hasnt been fixed, I will simply take my family and wallet and leave back to runescape.

You either fix the problem or start losing paying players.it's really quite simple people!

They are providing a service that is not 100% working correctly.Would you still use a microwave that is broke?

Fix the dam probelm, unless losing a customer that spends 100 bucks a week dosent bother you.

Im sure other concerned people feel the same way.

BTW a week has gone by since i started feeling this way and seeing this stuff.yall have already lost 100 and im fine using meditation ,infact going this week without the charms has tought me to be a better player and to pay attention to my health bar lol
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    There's only so much the company here can do. They can complain enough to China to have them finally fix it, but until then they have to keep some semblance of order.

In all honesty I hear people compare this bug to kiting and not being hit and I think that's silly. You can go AFK while bugging a boss this way! No one in their right mind should see this as a fair or honest tactic! Honestly you might as well bot if you're so lazy. This is a game... you play it for fun and challenge. If you're not even going to bother trying to play and have fun why bother playing at all?
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    as long as people get warned I think its cool to give a ban. I just think its bad when people get banned without knowing the boss can be bugged in the first place.
  • Neverwas - Heavens Tear
    Neverwas - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    yeah, that was my point earlier. if you look at the number of people who play this game i guarantee you the majority would not know this is a "wrong" thing to do. it would be looked upon as "oh cool, i can kill this guy from the air and he won't hit me back". these aren't stupid people, they are just people who have not encountered this kind of thing before. i've played online games for years and have never heard of a person being banned for taking advantage of a developmental error when they had no knowledge of it beforehand. other games have rules, lists of bannable offenses, etc. on their launchers or start pages then people who break those rules get banned. not just, "hey you're banned now cuz you exploited a bug that you had no knowledge of and PW didn't take any measures to inform the players that they could be banned for doing this."

i also feel the exact same way as Jebbediah. if i were to be banned for something that i had no idea was wrong and PW did not have it as a written rule or make it known that it was wrong, i would be taking my $200 per month to the cash shop elsewhere. i don't care if it was a 5 second ban, you don't ban people for something that is the developers error and the people have NO IDEA they are doing something wrong. yes, some people who play alot, the hardcore gamers who talk to other hardcore gamers, etc. know that it's wrong and do it anyway. but most people do not, hell, alot of them don't even know what you mean when you say "bug".

if they can't get this bug fixed, they should either leave people alone OR have a GM come around the area often and if he/she sees someone "doing it wrong" they should tell them, no no, can't do that and if they don't stop, disconnect them or kill gouf before they do. lol
  • Fivefive - Lost City
    Fivefive - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    This gets me all worked up about finding a team for Gouf. What if the team wants to bug it and no one else is there to help me? D=