More annoying than KSers...

aerynn
aerynn Posts: 2 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
You guys ever had some jackass steal your loot right out from in front of your face? Found a freaking weapon augment, but my inventory was full, so as I'm clearing out, some cheap-**** swims right past me and steals it. How, I don't know; whatever happened to Unable to Pick Up?

Had it happen again for a weapon drop >___> Big-**** important-looking hammer that probably woulda flooded me with Yiyuan stones, and some stupid prick swims right along and steals it. Wonderful, no? ^____<
Post edited by aerynn on

Comments

• Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    you could always PK hi... nevermind
  • maal
    maal Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    It is a pain, though one thing i've found is that a lot of times.... people simply don't bother picking up any items. If someone's left something and walked away from it, i usually consider it fair game... same with any items i leave. I walk away from it, it's fair game. I have seen a few people that don't wait for that though *shrugs* ah well, it's not like its impossible to get the drops again at least.
  • Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Love it when they do that with mats, you are standing on to mine fighting a creature they walk in and start mining under your feet. I wish you could force PK once a day. Would make people think twice before they snipe your stake.
  • Celia_black - Sanctuary
    Celia_black - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I don't know; whatever happened to Unable to Pick Up?

there is a time limit tho soon as something drops, is where ur unable to pick up comes in but its not very long,
    if someone does do that, maybe follow them and do the same jsut to annoy the heck out of them, alos to might be an idea to keep space free, always sell every junk itme u have even in small towns the go back out and farm / quest = )
  • camie
    camie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    hey i was wondering how do you start the game? so confused now
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    camie wrote: »
    hey i was wondering how do you start the game? so confused now

Please do not hijack other people threads.

Also look here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=70202
  • Meatshield - Lost City
    Meatshield - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Love it when they do that with mats, you are standing on to mine fighting a creature they walk in and start mining under your feet. I wish you could force PK once a day. Would make people think twice before they snipe your stake.

Thankfully, WE can. b:victory
    Pray for mercy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When kneeling before us gets old.
    RQClan.com
  • Ethree - Lost City
    Ethree - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    one advantage of playing a pvp server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] tx Haiz too pro
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    LOL. I have, after the first time though I learned to keep a free slot at all times. Also training in not-crowded areas when possible helps and keeping an eye on your map to see if anyone is coming in your direction. Keeping yourself aware of your surroundings and as many possible situations resulting from it is key.
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    one advantage of playing a pvp server

Except the guy stealing your loot is 40 levels higher than you... b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    aerynn wrote: »
    You guys ever had some jackass steal your loot right out from in front of your face? Found a freaking weapon augment, but my inventory was full, so as I'm clearing out, some cheap-**** swims right past me and steals it. How, I don't know; whatever happened to Unable to Pick Up?

Had it happen again for a weapon drop >___> Big-**** important-looking hammer that probably woulda flooded me with Yiyuan stones, and some stupid prick swims right along and steals it. Wonderful, no? ^____<

it's your job to see that there is always some space left on your inventory.

Loot is reserved for you for a certain amount of time. No one can pick it up. When the timer expire, they are free for everyone to pick up.

You are the only one to blame for what happened. Either expand your inventory space or go to the NPC to empty it more regularly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • deshin
    deshin Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    [QUOTE=
    You are the only one to blame for what happened. Either expand your inventory space or go to the NPC to empty it more regularly.[/QUOTE]

That is a little harsh. It is the idiots who only think of themselves and think its perfectly ok to take something at someones feet. If it was a potion or coins then ya. I have had someone come over and attempt to take a gem that dropped while I was killing off the second mob that had added.

Its crazy that now I have to worry that the timeout might expire before I can get the second mob killed. Its even worse for the ones that run all over the place. You end up with loot scattered and can't get back before a little mine mine mine boy runs over and tries to get it.

All boils down to if people were more mature and respecting we would not have this issue.

Also the idea to run over to the NPC to sell all the time is just crazy. I only have a couple of mobs to go on my quest and my inventory is full of trash so I should waste 10 minutes running over to a NPC just in case some of actually value drops in the next couple of kills.... Oh ya sure I like to waste my time.

I think you can just quickly drop and pick stuff up and it resets the timer so you could just quickly exchange things.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    well, if someone see 4 or 5 drops scattered around, everyone will think they are unwanted and fair to pick.

And if your inventory is full of junk, then stop picking up junk from the drops b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    you Could Always Pk Hi... Nevermind

Lol Lc Ftw
  • Monarch - Lost City
    Monarch - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Don't run around with a complete inventory. Problem solved.
    It takes a big man to cry, but a bigger man to laugh at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Outlaw
  • Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear
    Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You got half a minute to pickup your stuff.
    During that time, it's protected.
    After that time, it's free game.

Also, if a mob aggro you when you are harvesting, you loose the rights to the plant, and AFK means ' A Free Kill ' :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    your own fault for play on a carebear pve server whitout pk ^^

pve=ks everywhere and loot steal
  • demonicangell
    demonicangell Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I Hate Kser. I Was Doing The Fb 19 On My Veno. Me My Freind And Another LvL 19 Who Was Doing NOthing. We Killed The Boss He Picks Up To Molders.....
    Server: Lost City
    Guild:Starting A Guild Named ~Angellz~ All Welcome To Join
    Name: DemonicAngell
    Class:Archer
    Current Level: 13
    Profession: BlackSmith
  • Neverwas - Heavens Tear
    Neverwas - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    whatever happened to not taking something that doesn't belong to you? it's one thing if NOBODY is around but to take loot right at someone's feet just amazes me. i really wish all loot was assigned to the player and if it wasn't picked up within an amount of time, it disappeared. it's so sad how people act in an online game, safe and sound behind a computer screen, no consequences. it's not just dumb kids who do these things, adults do them too. i swear, are people not being raised with morals and respect anymore? sure it's just a game, but it does say something about your "real life" self as well. it's not called being a carebear, it's called being a respectful human being. >_>
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Too bad we can't pk whomever we want in HT.

But oh wait, we can just pick up the loot when it drops then clean up our inventory to merchant every time when we're in town.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • demonicangell
    demonicangell Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Man GO LOST CITY THE PK IS PWNAGE?!!!^*&^(&()_*!11?
    Server: Lost City
    Guild:Starting A Guild Named ~Angellz~ All Welcome To Join
    Name: DemonicAngell
    Class:Archer
    Current Level: 13
    Profession: BlackSmith
  • Saiena - Heavens Tear
    Saiena - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    It's such a simple thing to clean out your inventory and pick up your stuff within the time allotted to you. After that, it's fair game. You can complain about how "rude" it is until the end of time, but it doesn't change the fact that the item is reserved for you for a certain period of time, and you failed to pick it up.

I have never, ever gone up next to a person to pick up an item that was not from a creature that I killed, fair and square. However, if someone went up to me and did that, I'll have no one but myself to blame.

It's so incredibly easy to clean out your inventory every once in a while, or to refrain from picking up "junk," or even do what I do when my inventory is full: drop something that I think has the least value, in case I do get a "great' drop.

In my personal opinion, it's more flabbergasting and rude to go on the forums and complain about the gross indecency of other people when it takes you almost no effort to prevent such a thing.
  • Jordanfox - Heavens Tear
    Jordanfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    When someone jacks your stuff from under your feet, it sucks. You have every right to be annoyed, or disappointed, or angry at the other players.

However, I don't have a problem taking something if I can. I also try my best to keep my inventory in order, to prevent running out of space. I've seen what was described in the first post happen to other people, and it's also happened to me. So, I take measures to prevent it, because I know that there will always be players that will do such things. I'm one of them!

Just like KSing, it's an ever-present annoyance that can be dealt with, not eliminated. I suggest either being more responsible for your inventories, or finding a better way to cope with the loss.

I usually just call them an a-hole, and move on.
  • V_a_l - Heavens Tear
    V_a_l - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    LoL...am I one of them? But usually I pick up when no one around.... =)

Wouldn't really deliberately went to pick up others loot, especially when the player is around...

Hence I make it a habbit that, whenever there's loot that the mob I killed drop, I will pick it up. Even I was being attacked by another or so... So that my loot won't be pick up by others when I not around...
    Cherish what you have now... Do not regret when you lose it... =)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daekara - Heavens Tear
    Daekara - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Annoying double post that wont delete (-.-')
  • Daekara - Heavens Tear
    Daekara - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    When someone jacks your stuff from under your feet, it sucks. You have every right to be annoyed, or disappointed, or angry at the other players.

However, I don't have a problem taking something if I can. I also try my best to keep my inventory in order, to prevent running out of space. I've seen what was described in the first post happen to other people, and it's also happened to me. So, I take measures to prevent it, because I know that there will always be players that will do such things. I'm one of them!

Just like KSing, it's an ever-present annoyance that can be dealt with, not eliminated. I suggest either being more responsible for your inventories, or finding a better way to cope with the loss.

I usually just call them an a-hole, and move on.

Sorry i really laughed at this comment above, i've highlighted some of the text, if you're intelligent enough you'll get it.
  • Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear
    Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    whatever happened to not taking something that doesn't belong to you? it's one thing if NOBODY is around but to take loot right at someone's feet just amazes me. i really wish all loot was assigned to the player and if it wasn't picked up within an amount of time, it disappeared. it's so sad how people act in an online game, safe and sound behind a computer screen, no consequences. it's not just dumb kids who do these things, adults do them too. i swear, are people not being raised with morals and respect anymore? sure it's just a game, but it does say something about your "real life" self as well. it's not called being a carebear, it's called being a respectful human being. >_>

Being one of those who have no quarrel about taking whatever is not bolted to the floor, let me say this.

If someones drops his wallet, I'll give it back intact ( but anonymously because I don't trust them ).
    If someones purposely puts 50 bucks on a random fence then walks away, they're mine.

I was raised with morals and respect and such.
    I still help aged or impaired ones cross the street or carry their stuff.
    But most of those 'morals' is plain bullsh*t that others don't even apply themselves.

If some day you fall into problems ( and gods I do pray you do NOT ) you'll see how cruel and rabid the world is.
    Respect ? That doesn't exists.
    Help somebody ? They'll try to take advantage of you.
    Need help ? They'll ask for 'favors'. ( yes, -that- kind of favors )

You'll spend uncountable hours and days battling and suing just just to have your due rights upholded because somewhere some clerk holds power over your file and will botch it out of spite if you don't make 'agreements'.

So, play nice and gentle, be goody-two-shoes ? Feh !

We're not a community, even less a family like the staff likes to put it, we're at best competitors in the same game and at worst a pack of feral wolves vouching for the Alpha rank and jumping at each others throats.

I still have my pride so won't resort to street-scum behavior and language, but don't ask/expect me to be gentle and forgiving and all sweetly pink with fluffy hairs and big broad eyes, I have absolutely no faith in you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    aerynn wrote: »

I hate when that happens also. Just gotta clear a spot out real fast. I usually go ahead and drop a pot or something if my inventory is full and I wanna check out the stats on an item that's been dropped. I also like to go where there's few people around, that way I have more time to pick up the good drops.

And yes, I've at the mat problem happen also. But the other person really doesn't know you were fighting a mob to get at the mat. Probably thinks you're just killing mobs for quests. I might even be guilty of doing that unknowingly b:sad

And yes, you all can say that it takes no time at all to go clean out your inventory. But think about it, you're far away from the nearest town, have a few mobs to clean up before you head back, and you get some good drops. It's easy to fill up and have a space problem even with bank and inventory extensions.

I think some judgment needs to be used when picking up loot that's on the ground. If it's at someones feet, don't pick it up till they leave. Simple.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Being one of those who have no quarrel about taking whatever is not bolted to the floor, let me say this.

If someones drops his wallet, I'll give it back intact ( but anonymously because I don't trust them ).
    If someones purposely puts 50 bucks on a random fence then walks away, they're mine.

I was raised with morals and respect and such.
    I still help aged or impaired ones cross the street or carry their stuff.
    But most of those 'morals' is plain bullsh*t that others don't even apply themselves.

If some day you fall into problems ( and gods I do pray you do NOT ) you'll see how cruel and rabid the world is.
    Respect ? That doesn't exists.
    Help somebody ? They'll try to take advantage of you.
    Need help ? They'll ask for 'favors'. ( yes, -that- kind of favors )

You'll spend uncountable hours and days battling and suing just just to have your due rights upholded because somewhere some clerk holds power over your file and will botch it out of spite if you don't make 'agreements'.

So, play nice and gentle, be goody-two-shoes ? Feh !

We're not a community, even less a family like the staff likes to put it, we're at best competitors in the same game and at worst a pack of feral wolves vouching for the Alpha rank and jumping at each others throats.

I still have my pride so won't resort to street-scum behavior and language, but don't ask/expect me to be gentle and forgiving and all sweetly pink with fluffy hairs and big broad eyes, I have absolutely no faith in you.

+1 X1000 (lol stupid 10 char thing even tho th quote is a billion chars)
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i really wish all loot was assigned to the player and if it wasn't picked up within an amount of time, it disappeared.

The system is alright and works just fine in every other game; it's just that the timer needs to be a good deal longer.

In addition to that MMO"RP"G standard, they could make some extensions. Like taking distance into account: give it a very long timer, and free4all the item when either the timer runs out or the player gets too far away (must be considerably larger than casting distance to be useful). In addition, give players the option to not see items they can't pick up, and just ignore them completely on the pickup function (so no annoying messages, or even repeatedly trying to pickup the wrong item instead of your own because it happens to be 1 pixel closer to you).

I agree that KSing and loot-stealing (LSing?) have their place on PK servers/channel, but there's no actual reason to do this on a non.-PK server/channel. As far as the mixed mode PW servers are concerned, one could even have both systems in effect --- the PK item timer being much shorter, so PKers get an earlier chance to steal the item from another PKer. For parties, some discussion is needed to come up with a solution --- I don't have one right now.
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(