We demand 1.32exp for our efforts!

Comments

• Hirogi - Heavens Tear
    Hirogi - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I agree as well. We should get something back for making their game so popular.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Shadows are watching. They will always protect you.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Big deal if they call it reward it's a discount get over it.
    We didnt archieve the goal, we cant ask for anything.

There's no reward for getting "almost there", anything they give is an "extra" and we got ppl here crying about it ? wow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Goreon - Sanctuary
    Goreon - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I may have joined this game after the event was already over, but I find the fact that people are arguing to get a reward for a challenge they didn't meet completely ludicrous! Let's break this down shall we? The deal was that we the players would recieve a 1.5% exp bonus if 6000 people added PWI to their myspace friends list. Only 5300 people added them. One side did not hold up their end of the bargain, so the deal is off. Sure you came damn close, and I applaud you for that. But you were still 700 off. Did they offer an increase or decrease in the percentage depending on how far below or above 6000 you got? No, they did not. They offered the increase for 6000 friends. They did not get 6000 friends. You do not get the increase. It's pretty simple. If you go to buy a pen for fifty cents, and you pay twenty-five cents, you do not get half a pen. You just get nothing. Honestly you're lucky you got a discount. And dont respond with the "I shouldn't have to pay for a reward" argument. You shouldn't have even gotten a reward in the first place! Sure we would all prefer something better, and sure we're all upset that we didn't make the cut, but who are we to demand something we didn't earn. And no, getting 5300 friends does not mean we earned anything. I have said it before and I'll say it again: The deal was 6000 friends for an exp bonus. You didn't get 6000 friends, so no exp bonus. End of story.
  • sweaty
    sweaty Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    isnt 132 just 12% higher than 120? its not that much different...
    If you make an agreement with someone and you dont fufill your promise the other party shouldnt have to compensate you for NOT doing what you said you would.
    Don't Sweat it.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    getting 5300 friends does not mean we earned anything. I have said it before and I'll say it again: The deal was 6000 friends for an exp bonus. You didn't get 6000 friends, so no exp bonus. End of story.

b:victoryb:victory way to go
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear
    Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    This thread reminds me of a song.

Bow bow bow
    Hee hee hee hee... What da ya want for nothing ? ... a rrrrrrrrubber biscuit ?
    Bow bow bow oooh ooh oooh oooooooo-waaaaaaaah... :o)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Boycott The Cash Shop
  • Elsavita - Heavens Tear
    Elsavita - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    To everyone who disagrees,

You think they should not have given us any reward for 5300 friends.
    Do you actually know how much publicity they're getting by these 5300 friends?
    Those 700 wouldn't matter that much.

Then, they do give us a ''reward'' 20% off from a boutique item.
    Well, imo that's far away from a reward.
    A reward is supposed to be free, giving us a discount on a item we have to buy with real cash, is not a discount. It is a way to get even more profits out of the boutique shop.

The goal of 6000 friends was almost impossible to accomplish.
    if they realy want to show ''love'' back to the PWI players for their effords to add them at Myspace, then give us some fair amount of exp event.

10 silver off from 50 silver is not more as a poor 10 cents.

Because we have to pay in order to recieve our ''reward/sale'' I think they're trying to rip us off, for our effords.
    They're not showing love, they're showing a way to make us spend more money on their company.
    That kind of ''rewards'' don't fit in my vocabulary.

- Elsavita.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    It's a discount with "reward" written on it, still just a discount.
    They can get a lot of publicity (let's ignore the hundreds of ppl who made more than 1 account here...) so what ? the deal was 6000 people, even if you had 5999 people the goal is not met, no reward.
    When you're buying something if it costs 6 thousand bucks and you pay 5300 the seller wont tell you "oh damn that's so close, I'll just let it go".
    Goal wasnt met = no reward or a bit of the promised reward or anything, so simple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

edited November 2008
    It's a discount with "reward" written on it, still just a discount.
    They can get a lot of publicity (let's ignore the hundreds of ppl who made more than 1 account here...) so what ? the deal was 6000 people, even if you had 5999 people the goal is not met, no reward.
    When you're buying something if it costs 6 thousand bucks and you pay 5999 the seller wont tell you "oh damn that's so close, I'll just let it go".
    Goal wasnt met = no reward, so simple.

Please explain why they gave us 20% sale on exp scrolls? just for fun?

This was a strategy, part of the myspace event.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Coz they wanted to make a discount and get cash ?
    So ?
    Let's whine till they give us exp ? lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

edited November 2008
    Coz they wanted to make a discount and get cash ?
    So ?
    Let's whine till they give us exp ? lmao

If you have nothing appropriate to say, get out of my topic.

Thanks.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Maybe you skipped previous page, try reading it.
    All your "gimme free exp" arguments were proven wrong.

Re-read this one
    I may have joined this game after the event was already over, but I find the fact that people are arguing to get a reward for a challenge they didn't meet completely ludicrous! Let's break this down shall we? The deal was that we the players would recieve a 1.5% exp bonus if 6000 people added PWI to their myspace friends list. Only 5300 people added them. One side did not hold up their end of the bargain, so the deal is off. Sure you came damn close, and I applaud you for that. But you were still 700 off. Did they offer an increase or decrease in the percentage depending on how far below or above 6000 you got? No, they did not. They offered the increase for 6000 friends. They did not get 6000 friends. You do not get the increase. It's pretty simple. If you go to buy a pen for fifty cents, and you pay twenty-five cents, you do not get half a pen. You just get nothing. Honestly you're lucky you got a discount. And dont respond with the "I shouldn't have to pay for a reward" argument. You shouldn't have even gotten a reward in the first place! Sure we would all prefer something better, and sure we're all upset that we didn't make the cut, but who are we to demand something we didn't earn. And no, getting 5300 friends does not mean we earned anything. I have said it before and I'll say it again: The deal was 6000 friends for an exp bonus. You didn't get 6000 friends, so no exp bonus. End of story.
    I've yet to see anyone prove this wrong or refute it.
    Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

edited November 2008
    They gave us a reward,

20% sale on exp scrolls.

I've explained many times why this is not a reward. but a rip off.

Giving us a goal, that is unable to be accomplished, is not fair.
    We did accomplished 5300 friends, that's huge. it does require a reward imo.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    How about you compare it....

That test required 6k points to pass, I only got 5.3k points.
    I didnt pass, I wont advance to the next class.
    No they wont let you pass coz you did some good effort, no there wont be any reward for trying.

I already told ya, it's a god damn discount with "reward" written on it, but it's still just a discount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

edited November 2008
    How about you compare it....

That test required 6k points to pass, I only got 5.3k points.
    I didnt pass, I wont advance to the next class.
    No they wont let you pass coz you did some good effort, no there wont be any reward for trying.

I already told ya, it's a god damn discount with "reward" written on it, but it's still just a discount.

It is no reward.

A reward is something you recieve for free.
    In order to recieve this sale, you have to pay. That is not a reward.

it is supposed to be a reward, it failed.
    Exp event would have been a fair reward, for all the lots of publicity they gained by us.
    Whether the goal was 6000 or 1000.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    They dont owe us ANY REWARD.
    They make a discount as reward (not rlly a reward, but whatever), so what ? if that's what they want good for'em we are in no position to complain because we didnt get to the goal.
    There should be NO REWARD, there is 1 for those with cash good for them, no need to whine about it.

Did they offer you a reward for the publicity if it didnt reach 6k ?
    No

I've yet to see a valid reason...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

edited November 2008
    There should be no reward?

We given them loads, loads of publicity by these 5300 friends.
    maybe they knew, we could never have reached 6000 friends,
    was this all a strategy?
    As rumours say, are they really running low on money? They're trying to make profit out of everything.

20%, could have been atleast 50%.
    A sale is not a reward either.
    You've really showen your backs to your fellow players, PWI.

b:surrender
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Deal = 6k players, reward = exp
    Did we reach our end of the deal ? no
    5300 is not 6k

I've yet to see a valid reason still....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I really don't see how you can justify demanding 1.32 exp for your effort.

Like others have said, 6,000 was the goal, goal wasn't met. End of story. Certainly gave everyone enough time to reach the goal, even made announcements in game.

Someone said they're trying to make a profit out of everything. Of course they are, it's a business. I don't know of any store that wouldn't try to make a profit. What do you think sales are all about? It lures you into the store, you probably purchase what's on sale, and might see some things that aren't on sale and maybe buy those as well.

I think sometimes people forget this isn't a "Not for Profit" company, they're here to make money. There's no scam here. Nothing wrong with putting something on sale at a 20% discount.
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    the deal was you get 1.5 exp if you they get 6,000 friends.

They didn't get 6,000 friends therefore you do not get 1.5 exp.

why would you "demand" getting part of the exp? what makes you think you're entitled to it?
  • Saiena - Heavens Tear
    Saiena - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Let me just say in the beginning that I absolutely do not care about getting, or not getting 1.5 times experience. I can understand the arguments on both sides, but here's one thing to think about:

I think people are more upset about the way that PWI's management seems to be using this event as an extremely obvious money grab, than the fact that they're not getting bonus experience.

Public sentiment from the Halloween event is already decidedly negative. People have already been highly frustrated by what many sees as a, "We only care about money" attitude with the Halloween event. I think this Myspace "consolation" prize simply came much too close to the Halloween event, and that this "consolation prize" is that last straw that makes people say, "See! We were right! They really do only care about money."

It's not so much the discount that people have problem with. It's the fact that this is a confirmation of their worst fears or accusations about PWI as a company.

Again, this is just my observation. I buy frequently from the cash shop, and I have no moral qualms about spending more money in the future, In fact, I think PWI has one of the most nicely active groups of GMs I've seen. However, I do think that someone responsible for community management miscalculated a little bit in judging public sentiment and how this event will be received by the public.

Just food for thought. ;)
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Here's my opinion on the matter:

1. A discount on a cash shop item is not a "reward". It is a "discount" and only affects those who can buy items from the Boutique. The chances of everyone who added PWI as a friend on MySpace has access to cash shop items are very low. Therefore it doesn't truly reward everyone who participated and should not be disguised as a "consolation prize".

2. They don't truly owe us anything because the deal was, "You meet the goal and we'll reward you with an exp bonus". We didn't meet 6k friends, so they don't need to give us some kind of prize or reward. Yes, it'd be nice and genuinely sweet of them but they never stated anywhere that they would.

3. They should've never chosen MySpace. It's a dieing community. Anyone can see that it has a bad reputation and very decent competition.

4. You need a 3rd option on your poll: "If you're giving us a consolation prize, give a REAL consolation prize." Or something to that effect. lol.
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Everlusting - Lost City
    Everlusting - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    1.32 times? That is totally the wrong calculation
    So you are suggesting the number of myspace friends was 3000 we would have 0.75 times the experience which is less than the original?
    Shouldn't the calculation be 1 + 0.5 x 5300/6000 = 1.44 times the original exp?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    If you do not have anything else to say as they do not owe us any reward because we did not reached 6000 friends. Get out my topic.

That is not a valid reason, and you don't have to quote other people's posts.

We deserve a reward for our effords, we got one? 20% sale on scrolls?

That is not a reward for our effords, a reward is supposed to be free, therefore the 1.32exp is a understandable reward.

if you're saying, we do not deserve any rewrd because we did not reached 6000 friends,
    then you're also saying we do not deserve a reward if we would have reached 5999 friends.
    And that is wrong in my opinion.
    5300 friends is a big accomplishment, 6000 was just unbelievable high.
    We do deserve a better reward as something, we have to pay in order to recieve.

Let's just name the few things I've come across the few weeks, where this company is trying to make money out (extra):

1. Refer your friend.
    2. 20% sale on scroll (supposed to be reward, no way)
    3. Halloween event.
    4. regular sales etc. (materials,clothes)

I'm not saying, this is wrong. I am saying they're trying to make TOO much profit.
    Think about your customers, players. If you're only running about money, players won't come, and they will play other PerfectWorld.
    edited November 2008
    1.32 times? That is totally the wrong calculation
    So you are suggesting the number of myspace friends was 3000 we would have 0.75 times the experience which is less than the original?
    Shouldn't the calculation be 1 + 0.5 x 5300/6000 = 1.44 times the original exp?

5300 out of 6000 is 88.3%

88.3% out of 150% exp is 132%

Please do not post pointless messages on this topic.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    If you do not have anything else to say as they do not owe us any reward because we did not reached 6000 friends. Get out my topic.

Sorry girl, this is a forum for every PWE players. If you don,t want everyone to reply in it and state their own opinion, get out of here and make your own private forum to post on. You post here, all the community is allowed to reply, even if they disagree with you.
    We deserve a reward for our effords

No you don't. The deal was : reach 6000 friends. You did not hit the mark, you deserve nothing.
    That is not a reward for our effords, a reward is supposed to be free, therefore the 1.32exp is a understandable reward.

The reward was conditional to attain the fixed goal. You failed. No reward.
    if you're saying, we do not deserve any rewrd because we did not reached 6000 friends,
    then you're also saying we do not deserve a reward if we would have reached 5999 friends.
    And that is wrong in my opinion.

C'est la vie. If you cannot accept that, better no go play in that game called "Real Life". Life is unfair...
    5300 friends is a big accomplishment, 6000 was just unbelievable high.
    We do deserve a better reward as something, we have to pay in order to recieve.

No you don't. In fact they could simply have done nothing at all instead of the price reduction on miji.
    I'm not saying, this is wrong. I am saying they're trying to make TOO much profit.

C'est la vie. If you cannot accept that, better no go play in that game called "Real Life". Life is unfair...(bis). Why are some companies selling you things $100 when they only cost $20 to produce?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
    edited November 2008
    Again,

You did not read my previous posts, please leave my topic.

When you're going off-topic you're not adding any contribution to my thread, also you're causing a flame war.
    Please do not reply anymore on my topic from now on.

Thanks.

For anyone else who has any constructive replies please feel free to post them.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You did not read my previous posts, please leave my topic.

Again, this is not your topic.
    When you're going off-topic

I am pretty much on topic. otherwise, your previous message is also off-topic
    you're not adding any contribution to my thread

Once again. this thread don't belong to you. If you dislike people having a different opinion than yours, you should refrain from posting from now on.
    also you're causing a flame war.

Errrr.. Lol? b:chuckle
    Please do not reply anymore on my topic from now on.

For the third time... This topic is not your private properties.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • m00rditch
    m00rditch Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I had a very weird day today...

...I'm having a house built, and it's near completion, figuring i'd kill some time, i decided to get a haircut. Going to supercuts, the stylist told me a cut would be 5 dollars, i agreed and sat in a chair. The haircut commenced, and it was really looking wonderful, about 2/3 of the way thru, the stylist stood up and said "well, it's been a good day, that's it for me." Flabbergasted, i asked "well, what about my hair? 2/3 of it is trimmed nicely, and the left side of my head looks like a wild bramble patch, how the heck can i leave like this?" As the lights were being switched off the stylist replied "no problem, just give me 3.50."

....Severely chagrined, i figured i'd grab some food, c'mon, who dosent love a big mac? Walking into McDonalds, i saw a sign reading "Big Mac - Two for one with cupon." Having no cupon, i asked them, "well, could i just pay you the normal price, and get a big mac and a half? I know i don't have a cupon, but you're having this wonderful sale, and i came all the way here, I feel i should be given some kind of consolation even though i dont have the required voucher, you could even give away the other half of the burger to someone else that dosen't have a cupon either." The manager overheard the conversation and said to me "Sir, the problem here is when we give the second burger to customers, we must pay for the ingredients out of our own pocket, we then mail the vouchers to the head office, and they re-imburse us accordingly, if we are not given a voucher, we lose the profits even though a sale is going on." I then asked, "well, couldn't you just tell the head office that there was a very nice, extremely good-looking guy that came in and didn't have his cupon, but we gave him the special anyway, considering he was such a nice guy, and won me over with charm and eloquence?" The manager replied simply "Sir, a single big mac is 2.50, would you like fries with that?" "No fries, thanks, i'd just like the burger." A few moments later i was handed a bag, and told "sir, i'm very sorry, we have run out of hamburger patties, but you can have the special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun for 1.50."

...Feeling, and looking like i just was groomed by edward scissorhands, carrying around a measly vegetarian snacky-pop, I figured enough of all this, my house should be done by now, might as well get home and get on with things. Getting to my house i saw the construction crew all having lunch on the front yard even though it was only 9:00 am, the house was wonderfully built, excellently finished, a true work of masterful craftsmanship, lacking one very important detail.... the roof, there was no roof whatsoever, just four walls, floors, doors, all left open to the great sky like a pueblo courtyard. I turned and the foreman walked up to me and said "there you are sir, we're done, and the work went excellently, i hope you like the colours of the fascia, and granite, we'll just eat, pack our tools and move on to the next site, give us half an hour." I said to him "Well, yes the house is lovely, but where the heck is the roof?" The foreman looked at me and said "well sir, you're getting the last 5 years of your mortgage removed, You're not going to have to pay."

...Shortly thereafter, as the last of the construction crew were pulling away, i saw one of my friends approaching, i was sitting on my front steps, eating my big mac when he came up and said "woah dude, i love the new house, but where's the roof? did a blind-drunk four-year old cut your hair, and where the heck is the meat in that big mac?" I simply looked up and said "Don't ask man, it's been a really weird day." He the said "well, buck up chipper! the bar i work for just closed down, and the owner is selling all the remaining stock to us for 20% off!! i got 3 24's, i'm a bit broke, but if ya wanna go halves, we can buy drink 'em all right now!" "Awesome, let's do it! A cold barley-pop or three would be great after such a $#!**% day!" I replied as we walked inside...

...I handed him the money, Opened a beer, and prayed it didnt't rain.

(Wrote during donwtime, couldn't post till now.)
This discussion has been closed.