"Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered."

Goreon - Sanctuary
Goreon - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Support Desk
Hullo, I'm new to Perfect World (I just joined yesterday) and every time I boot up my computor to play the game, I can get about fifteen minutes of game-time before the screen goes black and returns with the error message "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" or something to that effect. When my screen comes back up I can resume play again, but only for a few seconds as the black screens continue with 1-2 second intervals. Logging off and restarting the game does not help, it just continues to freak out on me. The black screens stop when I alt-tab out of Perfect World. Restarting my computor just brings me back to the fifteen minutes I get before he first black screen. If I need to post information about my computor please tell me what info is needed. Please help!
Post edited by Goreon - Sanctuary on

Comments

• gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Please list the following fields from a DXDIAG:
    System Tab - System Information box -
    Operating System :
    Processor :
    Memory :

Display Tab - device box -
    Name:
    Chip Type:
    Approx Total Memory:

Display Tab - driver box -
    Main Driver :
    Version :
    Date:

To open a dxdiag :
    In Vista, type dxdiag in the Start menu search bar
    In other versions of Windows, type dxdiag in the Run command (Start > Run).

Please do not use any symbols other than alphanumerics, commas, and periods.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Goreon - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Operating System : Windows Vista Home Premium 6.0, build 6001
    Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
    Memory : 1014 MB RAM

Display Tab - device box -
    Name: Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family
    Chip Type: Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family
    Approx Total Memory: 250 MB

Display Tab - driver box -
    Main Driver :igdumd32.dll
    Version : 7.14.0010.1437 English
    Date: 2, 11, 2008 6.36.08 PM
  • whip
    whip Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hullo, I'm new to Perfect World (I just joined yesterday) and every time I boot up my computor to play the game, I can get about fifteen minutes of game-time before the screen goes black and returns with the error message "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" or something to that effect. When my screen comes back up I can resume play again, but only for a few seconds as the black screens continue with 1-2 second intervals. Logging off and restarting the game does not help, it just continues to freak out on me. The black screens stop when I alt-tab out of Perfect World. Restarting my computor just brings me back to the fifteen minutes I get before he first black screen. If I need to post information about my computor please tell me what info is needed. Please help!

Does the same thing to me, and i dont know how to check for all that stuff :P
    Name: Whip
    Server: East, But will be West in Open Beta
    Current Level: 43
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    gattsuro already explained how in his post.

To open a dxdiag :
    In Vista, type dxdiag in the Start menu search bar
    In other versions of Windows, type dxdiag in the Run command (Start > Run).

Please do not use any symbols other than alphanumerics, commas, and periods.
  • gattsuru
    edited November 2008
    Goreon, please update your drivers (32-bit-Vista here, 64-bit-Vista here).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Goreon - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Thanks for the help! Just one question, is there any particular reason I should choose the 64 bit over the 32 bit or vice-versa?
  • gattsuru
    edited November 2008
    Well, the one that does not match the sort of operating system you're running would be a Bad Thing. It shouldn't even allow itself to install, although I wouldn't test it.

If you're not sure which version of Vista you're running, go to the Start Menu, right-click Computer, click Properties, and then look at System Type.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Goreon - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Thanks for all of yor help. I tried to install the 64 bit, but it wouldnt let me. The 32 bit seems to have completely solved the problem. Thank you again!
This discussion has been closed.