space's in character name

machina
machina Posts: 5 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Support Desk
I wasnt too sure where to put this, however...
I just discovered that ppl are unable to whisper me in game due to the fact that i have a space in my name. I would like to know if i am able to change my name somehow, cos this is a bit silly that i can use a space but i cant be pm'd/whispered. any solution? cos i dont want to go thru everything. lvling my char, again.
maybe a gm can change my name?
Post edited by machina on

Comments

• Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Made a cleric last night, used a space too and was surprised when it went through. Had the same whisper problem and realised that such names are surely not allowed.

So I deleted the cleric and made another one with the same name but without a space. I tried to contact a GM about this matter but no luck =/ Oh well, 6 more days till the char will be deleted off my account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ladybriar - Heavens Tear
    Ladybriar - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    more and more people are using spaces, GMS need to fix this problem either by stopping the use of space during creation or allowing us to whisper with a space
  • machina
    edited November 2008
    im dissapointed that i can use a name with a space and yet there was no warning or indication that it would gimp my char in such a way. this should be a fixable situation, cos come on, how was i to know.
    edited November 2008
    only way really to chat is by doing private chat instead of whisper. use underscore instead of space in character name
  • machina
    edited November 2008
    yeah figured that out, but still. i shouldnt have to make a new char to make up for a coding error. they could at least put a simple text warning in if they cant fix the coding. i was fully into this game till now. not impressed. no gm support either apparently. useless.
    edited November 2008
    well firstly it is sunday and secondly they have been undertaking maintenance so give them a little slack theyy will get back to you. imagine how many people have been messaging them :)
  • machina
    edited November 2008
    yeah thats true. little patience wont hurt me.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The name filter problem has been fixed with the recent server maint, and I apologize to those who encountered it. If your name has not been changed to a whisper-friendly one, please contact support and ticketing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • machina
    edited November 2008
    Thanks for the reply. It appears my char has not been one of those fixed. And the link to submit my ticket isnt working. so. I assumed that my name isnt changed cos perhaps there were no viable alternates that werent already taken by someone else, and i've made a char to hold onto a name that it can be changed too. So now all i really need is for this ticket thing to actually work or a gm to contact me somehow and delete the lvl 1 char(Vhyre) and put its name on my main char(You're Fired).
This discussion has been closed.