We demand 1.32exp for our efforts!

Comments

• Elsavita - Heavens Tear
    Elsavita - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    It does

You failed.

You get a consolation prize.

A reduction on something you have to pay with real cash is not a consolation prize.

Why would I have to pay for a consolation prize?
    Aren't these supposed to be free?
    I believe anywhere you go, where they give out a consolation prize, they give it out for free. You do not have to pay them anything in order to recieve your consolation prize.

I'm not the one that just failed, you are.
  • Moriki - Lost City
    Moriki - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    *sigh* I'll over-simplify this.

5300<6000 therefore no bonus experience.

We made a good effort, yes, yet it wasn't enough. That's kind of... it. I can't say much more. I'm sorry if you feel like you've been treated unjustly. Those with reason will continue to play in happiness =)
  • Iamadudeirl - Lost City
    Iamadudeirl - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Still, we have to pay in order to recieve our reward.
    And that, makes no sense at all.

As someone else said in the forums, they didn't say, "Hey if you almost reach 6000 we'll give you X."

I'm sad we didnt hit the goal too. I dont exactly know what you did to feel so deserving. I added PWI Myspace to my friends, I even had a bunch of my friends IRL add it so I did my part. Now regardless of the fact that we didnt make the goal and I didnt get something out of it, I'm just glad that theyre TRYING. I've played a lot of other F2P games and often times they dont even really try to promote their games or engage their community at all.

It's this "what does the world owe me" attitude that really has me worried about the next generation of kids growing up.
  • Hip - Lost City
    Hip - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    They want us to spend money on exp scrolls, for our effords.
    That is even far away from a reward, it is not a reward, it shouldn't be the cause of our 5300 friends we accomplished.

If this is the way PWI treats customers, I'm done with this game.

My guess is that it's compensation for the failure to meet the goal. For those who buy training esoterias, this is a nice reduction. Also, to be considered a customer, you have to buy. They're technically treating the customers well : )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    It does

You failed.

You get a consolation prize.

(Why do you care, did not you said you were leaving the game?)

The Canucks are a sucky hockey team. They fail every year. Yet, somehow, their players have the highest salaries.

.... Failing doesn't always have to mean no reward. We're simply begging for a lil boost to our levelling speed. I don't see how anyone could really be against that.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • Celebren - Heavens Tear
    Celebren - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    It hurts not to get the xp bonus but what do you expect when they use a dying social network such as myspace. Its a pedophiles playground and a **** bot blitz forget my space and forget the xp.

i agree with you
    justice might be blind - but i also see in darkness
  • tingy
    tingy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I've been playing this game for 5 days now, and so far, I've gotten a halloween event I had to spend money to participate in.. WOW I'm level 30 and I have no chance at all of getting a halloween box. I look forward to spending more money on it next year...!

Then I saw this Myspace Advertisement, yes because it is an advertisment I'm SURE they are making money off of. They just come up short and then tell thier customers "YOU FAIL" when in fact they still benefited from the publicity and free advertisement but we do not. Grats on pissing off 5 THOUSAND of your customers who participated. Time to hire someone with a marketing degree, instead of advertising your greed.

After all is said and done...

WOW I get XP scrolls I have to BUY. THANKS

Makes me want to go out and buy money from GOLD farmers, because their "extra money" rewards are better then what PWI Cash Shop/Community Events have to offer. I can be cheap too and hire bots and buy gold to keep up with PWI Greed.

I'll still play, but right you won't get a $1 from me unless I see a game that doesn't revolve around greed to get me to play.
  • pwhan
    pwhan Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Elsavita,

You are clearly very frustrated by this turn of events as are many. I commend your efforts at trying to stand up for your perceived rights and for creating a poll and thread for others to vote, vent their frustrations or offer their opinions. However, I think that your "fight" would carry much more weight if your poll and thread title were not a demand, but rather something like "I think or feel we deserve a reward for our efforts better than what was offered." I also think it is in your best interest and the interest of anyone wanting to gain support in a cause to very carefully read and understand any contrary opinions posted before simply arguing by way of your feelings.

I agree that I think we should receive something better for our efforts and that ultimately, it is in the best interest of the management of this game to take this under very serious consideration. However, the couple of posters that have disagreed have valid arguments. We were not "promised" anything for falling short of the mark. 20% off of the price of the items is better than nothing and nothing is exactly what we were due to receive if we fell short of the mark.

If a poll were to show up asking us whether we a) feel we should receive something better than what was given or b) think what was given is just fine, I will vote for "a" and very adamantly stand behind that vote. As it stands, it was no skin off my back to send them a friend request and it was just as easy to immediately remove them.
  • Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    Altihnkai - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    well cmon.. 5300 ppl added PW on myspace.. look at howmuch attention that will give PW .. others see PW on the profiles of those 5300 ppl.. might think about joining.. its always better then having 0 adds ;) i say get that event going cuz we tried our best
    edited November 2008
    Maybe I chosen the wrong words.
    However, I think you all know what we're here trying to say, and that is what counts.

b:victory
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Actually, miji (training esotericas) went up a bit due to the halloween event (50k->65k).. I for one am not at all against a reduction in price, as it would bring them back down closer to where they were. You'll understand when you reach the point where grinding without them is a senseless waste of charms or time, and in the end, more money.

Anywho, while an exp event would be very nice to have, a good number of people would get hooked on the rates and possibly quit once it ended anyway. The casualties to the playerbase are pretty similar, and both are negligible in the grand scheme I'm afraid.

How spoiled do you have to be to think you deserve a prize for losing? Maybe it's that whole politically correct **** being shoved down everyone's throat these days. You didn't lose, you were "the last winner". Et cetera.
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • ark
    edited November 2008
    You know, if the PWE told us to get 12k friends , but suddenly chose to reward players with 1.5x exp anyways if we reached half that mark, they probably would've gotten the 6k and would've appeared much friendlier to the public.

My 3 cents.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
    edited November 2008
    ''How spoiled do you have to be to think you deserve a prize for losing?''
    We didn't lose, neither were we the last winner.

We were 12% too short.
    The publicity PWi recieves by these 5300 friends is higher as you can think of.

Showing respect to your customers and giving them a 20% reduction on some item that requires to be bought with real money, is just not any kind of reward at all.
  • Prankster - Heavens Tear
    Prankster - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You guys read all please

Not only respond hard

I agree we can not demand anything but the part is becoze of the effort they do give us something back

Meaning we have to pay money for something

Thats the whole points most of the people who like to suckup to think they gain something out of it dont see
    Yes indeed no myspace event was won

But THEY come with the effort price

And thats money in their pockets.. please be realistic then say something.
    Also do remember the amount is lower then 10 dollars for the exp scroll and the money rate is 20 dollars and up to gain minimum wich we also should be able to choose lower seeing its our money so basicly u HAVE to use 20 dollars on such a small item on a game..
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Showing respect to your customers and giving them a 20% reduction on some item that requires to be bought with real money, is just not any kind of reward at all.

They could very well have said "You failed to get us 6000 friends, too bad better luck next time".

Do you realise they'll loose money by reducing XP charms by 20%? Those who are buying them would have continued to buy them even at the regular price anyway. Those who don't buy them won't buy them even at the reduced price anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • ark
    edited November 2008
    They could very well have said "You failed to get us 6000 friends, too bad better luck next time".

Do you realise they'll loose money by reducing XP charms by 20%? Those who are buying them would have continued to buy them even at the regular price anyway. Those who don't buy them won't buy them even at the reduced price anyway.

Aye, they do lose money. But by putting in 1.5exp, they gain money because people will buy more exp scrolls to take advantage of this. The 20% sale is both stupid and profitless. See?
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Arguing with you is like talking to a wall. b:chuckle It's an analogy. The last winner is the one who doesn't receive a reward because they didn't meet the goal. The goal was 6k. There was no negotiation or hinting of any possible reward for not making that cut.

There is no such thing as a "demand" from a player to a F2P game. Their ToS exists for a reason, and much of it exists to counter any such thing as that. They could ban you right now with no reason whatsoever, even if you spent hundreds of dollars on zen. Why? Because in the ToS that you agreed to, it says they can.

PWI's publicity thanks to myspace? Oy. Do you realize how many of those people have multiple accounts? I can start tallying people I know on LC who made multiple accounts for that event, just because they wanted the exp. It drew in about as many new people that stayed as the black raptor event at best.

I actually have to say I agree with Ark, except that most people would think 12k is so unattainable and as such, some might not even bother. Maybe 8k-10k. PWI needs someone new to come up with events.. the current ones are shameless plugs, coin sinks, and deflation efforts. :| Where's the fun? Oh well.
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ark wrote: »
    Aye, they do lose money. But by putting in 1.5exp, they gain money because people will buy more exp scrolls to take advantage of this. The 20% sale is both stupid and profitless. See?

Then it only show that they don't always only think about money, unlike some people said before ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • regrets
    regrets Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Then it only show that they don't always only think about money, unlike some people said before ^_^

i think it's because they r not smart enough to think that way
  • tingtong
    tingtong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Arguing with you is like talking to a wall. b:chuckle It's an analogy. The last winner is the one who doesn't receive a reward because they didn't meet the goal. The goal was 6k. There was no negotiation or hinting of any possible reward for not making that cut.

There is no such thing as a "demand" from a player to a F2P game. Their ToS exists for a reason, and much of it exists to counter any such thing as that. They could ban you right now with no reason whatsoever, even if you spent hundreds of dollars on zen. Why? Because in the ToS that you agreed to, it says they can.

PWI's publicity thanks to myspace? Oy. Do you realize how many of those people have multiple accounts? I can start tallying people I know on LC who made multiple accounts for that event, just because they wanted the exp. It drew in about as many new people that stayed as the black raptor event at best.

I actually have to say I agree with Ark, except that most people would think 12k is so unattainable and as such, some might not even bother. Maybe 8k-10k. PWI needs someone new to come up with events.. the current ones are shameless plugs, coin sinks, and deflation efforts. :| Where's the fun? Oh well.

Sorry /haiku/, there is nothing in the ToS about treating your customers like ****, yes they can do whatever they want, but pissing off customers and using the ToS as a shield doesn't make you money. They won't be referring to the ToS because it's their God given right to have a 1.5x bonus to XP, They participated in a event in hopes for a reward, but instead got sent packing to the cash shop. They won't be referring to the ToS at all, because they QUIT.

And I sorry 5 people didn't go out and make 5,000 myspace accounts because they REALLY wanted the xp bonus. Sure some might of made 1-2 but a majority of players aren't looking for ways to "Cheat the System"

I like this game because it's F2P, but it's also something I would never buy in the Store, because frankly, it's an outdated ported game from asia that are a dime a dozen, The only way they could get people to play is BY making it free. The people who like it will spend money, but the 90% will move on.
    edited November 2008

They do not loose money by reducing the price by 20%.

More people buy exp scrolls because of the 20% sale, and therefore they obtain more $.
    That is just the whole strategy.
  • tingy
    tingy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    They do not loose money by reducing the price by 20%.

More people buy exp scrolls because of the 20% sale, and therefore they obtain more $.
    That is just the whole strategy.

I was wondering how department stores stayed in business by having all those SALES!!

Least we have a few smart ones around here b:laugh
  • Rargle - Lost City
    Rargle - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    tingy wrote: »
    I've been playing this game for 5 days now, and so far, I've gotten a halloween event I had to spend money to participate in.. WOW I'm level 30 and I have no chance at all of getting a halloween box. I look forward to spending more money on it next year...!

Then I saw this Myspace Advertisement, yes because it is an advertisment I'm SURE they are making money off of. They just come up short and then tell thier customers "YOU FAIL" when in fact they still benefited from the publicity and free advertisement but we do not. Grats on pissing off 5 THOUSAND of your customers who participated. Time to hire someone with a marketing degree, instead of advertising your greed.

After all is said and done...

WOW I get XP scrolls I have to BUY. THANKS

Makes me want to go out and buy money from GOLD farmers, because their "extra money" rewards are better then what PWI Cash Shop/Community Events have to offer. I can be cheap too and hire bots and buy gold to keep up with PWI Greed.

I'll still play, but right you won't get a $1 from me unless I see a game that doesn't revolve around greed to get me to play.

QFT.

20% off is hardly going to burn holes in their pockets - rather, people will take advantage of the discount, and people who never bought before are likely to buy now, if only when there's a discount. Bit of a department store scenario, and I'm pretty sure Walmart isn't just trying to be nice.

In my opinion, out of those 5000 people, a lot of them weren't cash shop users. Why offer a consolation prize that only appeals to what is quite possibly a minority group? For the casual player that isn't interested in spending money on the game, or grinding for hours to get the coins to buy the items in-game (as their in-game price is reduced from the reduced cash shop price), 1.5x exp would be pretty nice for a bit.

Oh well. Maybe next event...
  • deshin
    deshin Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    In a way I'm glad. XP bonus actually makes the game very painful at lower levels and even somewhat at higher. Sure you get the level faster but you do not get the rep from quest or any extra mob drops. You end up having to grind quests that you have outleveled getting few if any drops because everything is now green. The lower drop rate on dragon quest stuff reduces you ability to do those quests which also give xp. You end up trading one for of xp for the other.

Once you get up in level say above 50 where you have to grind for level the xp bonus is very nice. The key is being able to use the xp bonus when you want not that it is turned on all the time. So although I would have liked free xp scroll rather than a static server bonus the discount is finewith me, Not like those are expensive anyway compared to the charm you will burn during the hour you grind
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    We had to accomplish 6000 friends on myspace, perfectworldinternaional profile.
    We have shown alot of effords, and made it to 5300 friends. That is just a small 12% too less.

And 5300 out of 6000 is 88%.

88% out of 150% exp makes 132% exp.
    So ? the goal was never reached
    They never said "We'll consider giving you a reward based on your efforts, or how close you got".
    We have to pay, in order to claim our reward from the 5300 friends we accomplished!

What reward ? I see a reward for 6000 people but I dont see "If you reach 5300 we'll give you..." anywhere.

I'd love extra exp, these are not valid reasons to ask for it tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • jenenji
    jenenji Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    They never said "We'll consider giving you a reward based on your efforts, or how close you got".

What reward ? I see a reward for 6000 people but I dont see "If you reach 5300 we'll give you..." anywhere.

QFT and posted that before I could.

The goal was 6000 Friends. The goal was not met. End of story.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I demand 1.33%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Drussella - Sanctuary
    Drussella - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I didnt vote, cus we got nothing to demand. they are fully in their right.

Having said that, none of MY friends pull this and afterwards still is my friend. There is a differance between being in ones right and doing the right thing.

I removed them from my MySpace friends. I think that would be the best way to make them feel how ppl feel.
  • Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear
    Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I demand 1.33%

Let's demand 3.14%. I like pie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008

Please read this topic before posting.

The reward is 20% off from exp scrolls.
    We have to pay, in order to recieve that 20% sale reward.
    That's not appropriate at all.
This discussion has been closed.