Official Maintenance Chat Thread (servers up)

xarfox
xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
We expect the servers to bring the servers back up as early as 2am PST, or as late as 3am PST.

I will update the first post in this thread as maintenance progresses.

Update:
Thanks to the reports of several users in the forums today we have localized a server side time issue and are fixing it right now. Unfortunately fixing this bug is what is causing the delay in maintenance tonight.

We appreciate everyone's patience, we expect to open at 4am PST at the latest, which is in 35 minutes from the time of this posting.

Update 2:
Servers are up. Thank you all for your patience.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by xarfox on

Comments

• ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I wish disabling flying in TW was a part of the maintenance.

... Anyways, I guess this is a good time for a break. Too much nonstop gaming is harmful to one's health, after all.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • Deumos - Lost City
    Deumos - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Such a shame about the myspace event failure.
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I would add them in my friendlist if they had a decent cash shop.. myspace event sucked anyway~
  • Lecher - Sanctuary
    Lecher - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    NO, we didn't fail...

they failed.

if the game was good enough, enough people would have friended them...

so, dont blame yourself for not giving them as much free promotion and advertising as they wanted

cheers :)
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    6000 was a dub number to expect. 5000 would've been good.

Ah well... all is good.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • Bauglir - Heavens Tear
    Bauglir - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    yeah i knew a week ago when ppl got booted from there friends list it wasn't happening.
    and playing for to long non stops hurts my eyes so i welcome the break.Love the Game PWI.b:coolb:coolb:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Danyelle - Heavens Tear
    Danyelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    if the game was good enough, enough people would have friended them...

Or much simpler things like *gasp* people not having a MySpace profile? I not aware of any member in my guild having one... *shrug*
    Danyelle - Nocturne Faction
  • Bauglir - Heavens Tear
    Bauglir - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Or much simpler things like *gasp* people not having a MySpace profile? I not aware of any member in my guild having one... *shrug*
    Samehere i got a few guildies to create one along with myself just for PWI. Don't they know Myspace is for pedophile's and their pray.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ladyaradia - Sanctuary
    Ladyaradia - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    b:sad

*wait*
  • Neverwas - Heavens Tear
    Neverwas - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    yep, the myspace thing was totally dumb and so is the refer a friend idea, sorry PW. i mean, the refer a friend would be ok IF it did not require the "friends" spend money. i know free to play games have to make their money somehow but stop being so blatently greedy PW. bah, i guess i have a love-hate relationship with PW but they've got about $200 out of me last month so they should be happy and i can't say too much cuz i'm the dumb one that handed it over to them. >_>
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    To be honest, the MySpace thing was a very bad idea in the first place, since it relied on people having a third-party service that has absolutely nothing to do with PW.

The Refer-a-Friend thing is kinda useless too, but at least it's comparable to similar promotional events in real life (most of those do require people to place an order, too). If they wouldn't have that requirement, the obvious way to **** that event would be making 10 e-mail address and registering 10 "friends" you can make playing PW... *shrug*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • r3n
    r3n Posts: 24
    edited November 2008
    Anyways, Back to the original topic.....which had nothing to do with myspace..... 3.15 now and servers still not up b:sad
    edited November 2008
    r3n wrote: »
    Anyways, Back to the original topic.....which had nothing to do with myspace..... 3.15 now and servers still not up b:sad

Isn't just that the reason why we're here on the forum, chit-chatting anyway? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    uhhh it's 2:20 am already...
  • nazvaxamar
    nazvaxamar Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    r3n wrote: »

Actually, it's only 2:20 PST. Daylight Savings Time. ;)
  • jivin
    jivin Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    In all honesty there was no reason for them to do this anyways most of the world does not even use daylight savings time anymore, in the United States most of the States that even use it are farming states so I dont see what the big deal was about it they just modify the clock in game and turn it back on its not a big deal they have the expansion in just a little under a month why do they need to be doing any updating as of right now anyways, and also anyone who has been playing mmo's or any online games for any amount of time knows that when your told 2 hours for maintenance you should expect atleast 3.
  • Jeiiy - Heavens Tear
    Jeiiy - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hehe, there's no DST in my coutry here so... -shrug-
    edited November 2008
    Hehe, there's no DST in my coutry here so... -shrug-

Wow, there are still countries which refuse to participate in this DST ****? Good for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toi - Heavens Tear
    Toi - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    -cough-*smacks jivin's post*-uncough-

SO... Who's still up and excited to play? I had bought some CS Gold, right before maintenance and was ABOUT to buy dolls. I'm very glad I didn't. Would have been a phenomenal waste of money. I feel bad for the people who bought a bunch and have them left over... I don't find them to be useful unless you REALLY like to PK, or die a lot. -shrug-
    Something Wicked This Way Comes.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Toi - 3x - Loyal Sinful
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Things are going well so far with maintenance and everything is on schedule to open on time.

To the previous posts about our Community Events:
    We appreciate your honest opinions and will definitely take them into account when creating future events both in-game and offline.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iliketolol
    iliketolol Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    jivin wrote: »
    In all honesty there was no reason for them to do this anyways most of the world does not even use daylight savings time anymore, in the United States most of the States that even use it are farming states so I dont see what the big deal was about it they just modify the clock in game and turn it back on its not a big deal they have the expansion in just a little under a month why do they need to be doing any updating as of right now anyways, and also anyone who has been playing mmo's or any online games for any amount of time knows that when your told 2 hours for maintenance you should expect atleast 3.

Maybe besides just adjusting the server time, they're proceeding with their weekly maintenance right now so that we don't have to endure another maintenance, *shrug* You never know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Sweet, thanks for the update. *loves!*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Toi - 3x - Loyal Sinful
  • Forsakenx - Heavens Tear
    Forsakenx - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Why must everytime there is a update there has to be a huge uproar on the forum about the server being down. Understand that things happen and sometimes things have to be done on off times. CHILL! Smile! Take a load off, let your fingers relax, maybe take a nap, dream of PWI and solo some lvl 200+ =P Yes, this is all meant in humor, the first person who gets grouchy to me WILL be sent to their room!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Free Signatures pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87021

≈ 338 signatures made, and counting b:thanks

Screen Shot & Signature guide pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=99031
  • Toi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Ho Hum. -starts to breakdance in the middle of the forums-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Toi - 3x - Loyal Sinful
  • Shredderfx - Heavens Tear
    Shredderfx - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Why must everytime there is a update there has to be a huge uproar on the forum about the server being down. Understand that things happen and sometimes things have to be done on off times. CHILL! Smile! Take a load off, let your fingers relax, maybe take a nap, dream of PWI and solo some lvl 200+ =P Yes, this is all meant in humor, the first person who gets grouchy to me WILL be sent to their room!
    Chilling would be a good idea =P
    What do you guys do to chill when perfect world is in MAINTENANCE?
    - I play guitar,

Lots of love,
    Shredder :P
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< ShredderFX >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aftermathrar - Sanctuary
    Aftermathrar - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    fail-owned-drought-trigger-science-fail.jpg

Looks like it's doing more than just stalling us from playing...
  • lorenz333
    lorenz333 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hello !
    At what european time the servers will be operating again.
    Thx fr answers, regards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Lo_Renz
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    We appreciate your honest opinions and will definitely take them into account when creating future events both in-game and offline.

How about taking into account the request of many players to have TW times better suited for North American east coast and European players instead of pretending you are "International" and must cater to everyone, while the current TW timing is perfect for areas mostly devoid of players (empty sea areas or banned countries likes China, Korea and Japan, for exemple)?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • jivin
    jivin Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yeah I am sure that is what it was just weekly updating but still doesnt make any sense when the expansion is about 4 weeks away. I am not use to playing games where they have a weekly update, and about the forum raving it happens just like it always happens about people complaining about the forum ravers. For every rhyme there is a reason.
  • Forsakenx - Heavens Tear
    Forsakenx - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Chilling would be a good idea =P
    What do you guys do to chill when perfect world is in MAINTENANCE?
    - I play guitar,

Lots of love,
    Shredder :P

I make graphics and sometimes *gasp* work... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Free Signatures pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87021

≈ 338 signatures made, and counting b:thanks

Screen Shot & Signature guide pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=99031