Mantavip Scout~

Reikara - Heavens Tear
Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
Ok I had just made a squad to go and kill him, but we decided to wait until after maint to do so. Considering none of us had killed him before, I was hoping to get a few tips here o.o

A few people told me it's better to have a wizard tank him as he deals magic damage. Is this true? And they also recommended killing him from the air but from what I know, When killing a land mob from the air, your damage is cut in half. Wouldn't the same rule still apply there?

And we're still looking for a Cleric (50+) on heaven's tear sever if you need to do the quest aswell or want to help out ^_^;
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Reikara - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Ricecake - Heavens Tear
    Ricecake - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    people who say kill from the air, mean if you dont kill the gaurds, get a high water magic resist person to tank it and youll be fine.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13490001&dateline=1268988639[/SIGPIC]

I used to be a cleric like you, then I took a Plume Shot to the knee.
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    People tank it from the air because if you do it underwater his guards will **** you. The guards are duplicates of another boss that swims around the same area, so what you'll want to do is tank it from the air where Mantavip can reach you but his guards can't. You could always just lure his guards one by one and take them out first, but it's tedious and it's just a lot safer to do it from the air, albeit slower.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Oh ok thanks :0
    Actually I need to kill one of his guards anyway >_>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hong - Heavens Tear
    Hong - Heavens Tear Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Tank that thing like a beast. The way I did it was swap on a Spear and use Farstrike on one of his mobs. Two of them would agro me out of the boss. Our Barbarian would tank one while we dps the one that's hitting me. We lure the other one away since the Scout patrols and finish that. Then we tank the boss and kill :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www . rochq .net
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Oh ok thanks :0
    Actually I need to kill one of his guards anyway >_>;

I'm not sure if this is a bug in this version or if it's even been fixed since, but maybe half a year ago the guard wouldn't give the kill for the boss quest, you have to find the actual standalone version of the boss to get the kill credit.

Again, not sure if this has been fixed yet or if the bug only applied to my version, but yeah. I thought I'd bring it up just in case =p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Oh ok then, Still wont hurt to try though D:
    Edit: And that Cleric position is still open for any that can help ^^;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hidden - Lost City
    Hidden - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    he gives a water debuff, cutting water defense in half. then deals aoe water dmg, this means u can only have one killer per healer, so mage/cleric or cleric/cleric team as killers works best. he also has occasional mana drain, so if ur attacker doesnt have a mp herio, ask him to bring alot of mp pots.
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Cool, thanks Hidden for that info ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ricecake - Heavens Tear
    Ricecake - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    senovit wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is a bug in this version or if it's even been fixed since, but maybe half a year ago the guard wouldn't give the kill for the boss quest, you have to find the actual standalone version of the boss to get the kill credit.

Again, not sure if this has been fixed yet or if the bug only applied to my version, but yeah. I thought I'd bring it up just in case =p

I had the quest some time ago and the gaurd worked for me so I guess its fixed.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=13490001&dateline=1268988639[/SIGPIC]

I used to be a cleric like you, then I took a Plume Shot to the knee.
  • Alexie - Heavens Tear
    Alexie - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    He also does aoe drain and mp leech? if there's too many ppl near him. I think the altitude of 23 is good to tank him without his guards **** you, :)
  • ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I remember him from the end of CB, GMs spawned him in lost city, and we tried to kill him or about 2 hours.
    Didn't even move his HP.
    A lot of fun that was. ;)
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    kewl thanks for all the info guys :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]