Will not paying gimp me?

kimmaro
kimmaro Posts: 2 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Cash Shop Huddle
Hello im just downloading this game now as I've recently quit WoW because I didn't want to pay monthly. So im wondering will other players who pay real world money have an advantage over me in PvP as well as PvE?
Post edited by kimmaro on

Comments

• nauziem
    nauziem Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Charms help a lot in PVP so unfortunately, the answer is yes.

To play both games at their full potential takes money, this one just takes a bit more calculation to figure out how much you'll be spending. It is definately possible to play it cash-free, but you will be at a disadvantage when it comes to a few aspects of the game (including PVP).
  • novacaine
    novacaine Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    But fortunately enough, this game allows you to purchase gold (Cash shop currency) with coins (in-game currency) from other players. The gold is pretty reasonably priced, too. On sanctuary you can get 1 gold for 100-140k coins. When you're 40+ you'll be making at least that much in an hour just from killing monsters. So really, if all you're buying is charms, you can easily fund them as you level. And you also get to cut back on your potion budget since you'll mainly be relying on the charge to heal you or restore your mana.

Aside from that, most of the cash shop items are just for fun. None of it will "make or break" you in the game. You don't technically need a single item from the cash shop. It's the only game i've seen with a cash shop that was set up like this.