What class should i start with im new

ryuzakilawliet
ryuzakilawliet Posts: 5 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
I was thinking the blademaster but im not sure i was also thinking cleric please tell me which would be better
Post edited by ryuzakilawliet on

Comments

• Alexie - Heavens Tear
    Alexie - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Depends on your play style, really.

If you have played other MMOs, just start with a class that's similar in play style as whatever you played on the other MMOs.

That means:

If you like melee dps, go Blademaster.
    If you like to tank, go Barbarian.
    If you like ranged dps without being too squishy, go Archer.
    If you like the so-called glass cannon, go Wizard.
    If you like to heal (or not die when soloing), go Cleric.
    Or if you just like to have a pet to tank for you and solo lots of stuff on your own, then go Venomancer.

If you want to know the most popular classes currently in PWI, it'd be Venomancer, followed by Blademaster.
  • ryuzakilawliet
    edited November 2008
    is cleric worth it and r they able to fly at lvl 1? other wise i like the melee type too
  • Alexie - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Clerics are pretty good at soloing since their plume shot's physical well their elemental spells are metal based. They can fly at level 1 since they are Winged Elves. Perhaps the only downside to Clerics are the fact that they are usually targeted first in PvP/TW and have to use mp charms to AoE heal in a Twilight Temple boss fight. While they can be quite squishy wearing Arcane gear, if you manage to get the money, you can wear Light armor, which gives more physical resistances than Arcane. (Besides, the dexterity would also increase your critical hit chance.)

Melee wise, Blademasters have their own small self heals and are powerful against casters but are squishy against casters due to their much lower elemental resistances. Barbarians have a lot of hit points, but they also have lower elemental resistances and when tank spec'd (spending spirit points mainly on cat form related skills), take a long time to solo mobs. At least, that's what I've heard from other Barbarians in my faction.
  • lalya
    lalya Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i thinkb:shocked
  • lalya
    lalya Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i think ill be the venomancer b:pleased
  • medy
    medy Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    me too xD but... i hope that the game will work on my computer... :S
  • ryuzakilawliet
    edited November 2008
    im still decideing on waat to be bllade master or cleric
  • Alexie - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    If you want to get into a faction to do TWs, you might want to steer clear of Venomancers since there are usually an overabundance of those in every faction. Barbarians and Clerics are usually in high demand and can easily get into groups.
  • ryuzakilawliet
    edited November 2008
    so blademaster or cleric
  • rynnmason
    rynnmason Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The cleric actually sounds more interesting than a blademaster. I think I have made my chose.
  • dubstack
    dubstack Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Lol dude. Here you go. Just somethin I found around the forums.

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp314/justblazz/perfectworld-class-guide.jpg
  • *chitose* - Heavens Tear
    *chitose* - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    BladeMasters are easy to use. They don't really need to do much in low level, normal attacks can finish mobs off. If you're not familiar with using and timing skills, Blademasters are a good choice. They can also do solo hunt rather easily. ^^

If you are more familiar with skills, however... and choose to heal people and help people and do things in group, you can choose Clerics. Btw, Clerics has strong magical attacks too--REAL strong... BUT I don't recommend doing solos for Clerics. ><
  • Medicata - Lost City
    Medicata - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    What do you mean by "squishy"?
    Clerics are pretty good at soloing since their plume shot's physical well their elemental spells are metal based. They can fly at level 1 since they are Winged Elves. Perhaps the only downside to Clerics are the fact that they are usually targeted first in PvP/TW and have to use mp charms to AoE heal in a Twilight Temple boss fight. While they can be quite squishy wearing Arcane gear, if you manage to get the money, you can wear Light armor, which gives more physical resistances than Arcane. (Besides, the dexterity would also increase your critical hit chance.)

Melee wise, Blademasters have their own small self heals and are powerful against casters but are squishy against casters due to their much lower elemental resistances. Barbarians have a lot of hit points, but they also have lower elemental resistances and when tank spec'd (spending spirit points mainly on cat form related skills), take a long time to solo mobs. At least, that's what I've heard from other Barbarians in my faction.
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    What do you mean by "squishy"?

Squishy means that if a monster walks over you, I will wonder why the floor feels so strange and makes swashy noises even though it's not raining.

If you're not squishy it means the monster will have problems walking over you to begin with, and if it does the noise will be more rattling or clanking.

More seriously, a character is referred to as "squishy" if it is very vulnerable.

"Glass cannon" is a related term, usually referring to low HP/low defense (aka squishy...) ranged classes that deal a lot of damage, but can't afford to get hit.
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Thorblood - Lost City
    Thorblood - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    go cleric they can fly and are bad ****!!!