magic air attack

voltreker
voltreker Posts: 9 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
i am a elf cleric level11.how much magic attack do i lose when i attack from the air verses attacking from the ground?i notice that while flying my magic attack is weak.
Post edited by voltreker on

Comments

• vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Basically, all attacks made on ground targets from the air, do half damage. All attacks made on air targets from the ground also do half damage.

Attacking monsters on the ground while in the air also comes with the problem of the creature resetting if they cannot reach you. So generally, it is a bad idea to attack things on the ground from the air, and vise versa since you will be doing half damage, or casting twice as much.
  • Sherekahn - Lost City
    Sherekahn - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    vagrant0 wrote: »
    All attacks made on air targets from the ground also do half damage.

is this true in PvP also..?
  • voltreker
    voltreker Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    thanks. how can i affectively attack sea creatures from the air then ?
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Ground to air is actually full damage. It's only air to ground that is half.

And while I'm not entirely sure, I think that holds true for water -> ground and water -> air being full damage, while ground -> water and air -> water being half damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    is this true in PvP also..?

Yes, true in PvP as well as TW. Meaning that casters who would attack melee people would only do half normal damage unless those melee people are also in the air... Fortunately ground movement tends to be alot faster, so escape is easier. As BMs and Barbs tend to be worse at fighting in the air, and don't have many ranged attacks, this is one of the main ways for ranged classes to get an advantage. Unfortunately, most of those melee classes don't have enough sense to flee from a fight they don't have much chance at, so often complain about anything involving air combat.

For sea creatures, you will need to be in the water, or flying very close to the surface, if you are on land, or in the air, the things you attack will just recover their health.
  • Alexie - Heavens Tear
    Alexie - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Actually, water to ground does half damage. Not sure about water to air though.