Cleric Seals Bugs

Klath - Sanctuary
Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Cleric
Chromatic Seal and Silent Seal are both bugged.
Description puts the following:

Silent Seal "Suffer a 2.4 second attack damage by reduction of 50% to paralize an enemy for up to 6.0 seconds." (i have no idea what the first effect is btw, the description is horrible).
I tried it even on the lowest level monsters, they always stay paralized for the same duration that it debuffs me (2 seconds).

Chromatic Seal "Suffer a 5 second reduction in speed of 40% to put the enemy to sleep for up to 12.0 seconds."
They ALWAYS sleep for 5 seconds, same duration as the debuff on myself.

Those are horrible bugs since those seals are extremelly mana costly (175 and 367, respectively), and have huge cooldowns (20 and 40 seconds, respectively), making those skills useless to use on any kind of real PVE battle.
Post edited by Klath - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Deadbone - Lost City
    Deadbone - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    saying that your only 2 spells that stop the enemy from moving are bad is the dumbest thing ive read here so far
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Then refrain yourself for looking even dumber and trolling on a bug report topic.

My regards.
  • Onishi - Heavens Tear
    Onishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Not as much that the skills are bugged, as the description "UP TO", does not mean in the real world it is anywhere near. Yeah 90% of the time the skills break within a second or 2. I have seen chromatic seal sleep an enemy about 7 seconds before, however sleep does break immediately on damage. at level 1, yeah these skills are pretty useless. Generally the stun lasts about 1 second, which. that one second you gained, isn't exactly a gain when you spent a second casting it.
  • Deadbone - Lost City
    Deadbone - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Then refrain yourself for looking even dumber and trolling on a bug report topic.

My regards.

this is not the bug report Forum
    its the ****ing Cleric forum, u dont report bugs here
  • Tiament - Heavens Tear
    Tiament - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    This is NOT a bug,don't assume things.You only make yourself seem foolish. Now about the duration, it says UP TO meaning it had a CHANCE to go up to that max time limit.However,even if it's only 2 seconds that can be plenty of time to deliver a blow that makes all the difference.

For example

Last night,I was dueling a guild mate,she's a level 53ish wizard while I'm a level 36 nuke cleric.I was one shot away from killing her.Now if I had chromatic seal for example,she would have died easily as I would have gotten a free shot before she could begin to cast.

The point of this?If you think those skills are useless....then maybe cleric just isn't for you.

Edit: oh and for the first skill,silent seal,it basically means it stops your enemy from moving while reducing some of your damage.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Sorry, i will help you people seem a little less ignorant and add PVE into my post.
    Those are horrible bugs since those seals are extremelly mana costly (175 and 367, respectively), and have huge cooldowns (20 and 40 seconds, respectively), making those skills useless to use on any kind of real battle.
    I was strictly talking about the LEVEL ONE and PVE BATTLES for both skills, not PVP.

As for PVP:
    1) Cooldown is meaningless, you only need to deliver the skill once per battle, unless you are playing around or both are extremely tough to die.
    2) Mana cost is again meaningless, the duels usually end way too quick to bother about how much mana you have left,and for long duration pvps, you have potions/powders.
    Last night,I was dueling a guild mate,she's a level 53ish wizard while I'm a level 36 nuke cleric.I was one shot away from killing her.Now if I had chromatic seal for example,she would have died easily as I would have gotten a free shot before she could begin to cast.
    That if you landed it, i tried on a wiz friend of same level and it failed quite constantly, also, the duration is half eaten by the skill animation+cooldown (for silent), the times i tried, i wouldnt do anything but simply give me one extra shot on them, which i could easily have healed myself once more to full hp in that meantime.

Yes i AM aware that those skills, when maxed, make an insane difference, but im talking as they stand on level and PVE aspect, since you get them before lv50.
  • Tiament - Heavens Tear
    Tiament - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    *sigh*and this is why I tend to avoid official forums. I'll put it bluntly, if you don't like the way the skills work either don't use them,play another class,or just quit the game. Simple as that,I'm done with this thread now,just gonna become a flame fest.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    *sigh*and this is why I tend to avoid official forums. I'll put it bluntly, if you don't like the way the skills work either don't use them,play another class,or just quit the game. Simple as that,I'm done with this thread now,just gonna become a flame fest.
    Its not how they work that bothers me, but they having misleading descriptions, so you buy it without knowing what it really will do. Another example is Aegis Spirit saying it lasts 1 hour and it being actually 10-15 minutes.
    And dont come telling me to read a guide before making my character, we arent supposed to play the game using a FAQ, that info must come from the game.

Also, if you dont like the post, just hit the "next thread" button, didnt need to reply if you wont contribute.
  • suggy
    suggy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Its not how they work that bothers me, but they having misleading descriptions, so you buy it without knowing what it really will do. Another example is Aegis Spirit saying it lasts 1 hour and it being actually 10-15 minutes.
    And dont come telling me to read a guide before making my character, we arent supposed to play the game using a FAQ, that info must come from the game.

Also, if you dont like the post, just hit the "next thread" button, didnt need to reply if you wont contribute.

I agree with you that the in game descriptions in the skilltree is lousy, if you want it to be more accurate visit your skill trainer and there you will see it better described. Or go read a few FAQs (Yes I told you ;<). Usually reading about your class and skills it has makes you have a better idea of what to get and not.