Guys this is ridiculous. u get banned this way!

fante
fante Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
Im an lv51 archer from Sanctuary server.

last nite i was farming around Gouf and i saw this veno soloing Gouf. I stopped by and watched him.
Then a group of (a guild) guys, including their leader, arrived and one of them accused me of abusing bug.
Wth is that to do with me?! i was just standing there and watching.
And the guild leader even turned his name to white and pked me.
And after a few hours i got banned. What do u guys think?

That (a guild) guy is definately the culprit behind all this. he must be the one reported me.
and im so dissapointed with the gm too. he didnt even verify anything b4 banning me.

Is it wrong to just stand aside and vitness an abuse?
Im not the one who did the abuse.

I just charged Zen and now i have no way to use them. My original acc is banned, even for forum access. and i created this one to post what have happened to me.

I submited a ticket hours ago, and theres still no reply yet.
tell me should i continue playing?

what did i do wrong pls tell me?
Post edited by fante on

Comments

• salanion
    salanion Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    What is the Venomancer so called bug/exploit?
    Because i am going to play a Veno i think and i dont want to get banned...
    Please answer, thanks very much...
  • fante
    edited November 2008
    boss bug. if u dont know anything, u will not do it. So dont worry.
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    salanion wrote: »
    What is the Venomancer so called bug/exploit?
    Because i am going to play a Veno i think and i dont want to get banned...
    Please answer, thanks very much...

u go upside of gouf/quilhog king etc mob and send fly pet in..and fb29 u send pet thro door to get boss out :)
    but its easy way to get banned tho ^^

and on topic...eww thats lame well i hope u get unblocked :)
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    At this time the GM's are asleep and not in office so to say. They do try to answer as soon as possible but that can be 24-48 hours though they try within a day that sometimes is just not possible. Depending on how many tickets they get really. Just be patient for now I hope you can get it sorted. :) Oh and also check your spamfolders as some programs seem to redirect them to there.
  • fante
    edited November 2008
    dont tell me the gms only work from mon-fri. i have tw to participate tomorrow!
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    and fb29 u send pet thro door to get boss out :)
    If any veno does that to lure qinzi, they are dumb (or weak) beying limits, those monsters inside his room arent even elite, and they die on a couple hits.
  • Cosmos - Heavens Tear
    Cosmos - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    It's not because of the difficulty level, it's for efficiency.

Also, "dumb beying limits"? Just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    If any veno does that to lure qinzi, they are dumb (or weak) beying limits, those monsters inside his room arent even elite, and they die on a couple hits.

with the luring you don't have to kill the mini boss thus cutting the fb time by half.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    How did you get PKd on the sanctuary server?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    How did you get PKd on the sanctuary server?

he was white named.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Oh so there is PKing on the pve servers?

Cool!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Oh so there is PKing on the pve servers?

Cool!

Yea. Glad you're so excited.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Enrage - We Eat.
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    This is disgusting that you got banned and didn't do anything

But thats PWI for ya
  • eshtar
    eshtar Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hope you'll be unblocked soon. >< That man's also accusing without thinking. I hate people who judge without knowing.... Wish you luck.

The Qingzi bug... it's really convenient. I remembered did it manually and damn, it was hard. >< The mini boss to open the door was not, but the mobs surrounding it were. Perhaps it's just me and my low level... Glad to have Veno with me...
  • Duclis - Heavens Tear
    Duclis - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well, there is something inherently wrong with witnessing the abuse of a bug and not reporting it, however you did not do anything to warrant a ban, if what you say is true. However, the venomancer did, and it is very possible the GM made a mistake. I've had GMs in other online games mistell me with the line meant for the hacker I reported, and those mistells were in FFXI and WoW. It would be logical to assume that there is a very high likelihood that this is some mistake on the GM's part, assuming you are telling us the truth, and did not benefit in any form from the venomancer bugging the boss. My best advice would be to contact billing and support until they give you an acceptable reply one way or the other.b:sad
  • orme
    orme Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Were this a legal case, this would be a collusion / accessory act and would warrant a sentence. Passive complicity is complicity nonetheless.
  • Duclis - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    orme wrote: »
    Were this a legal case, this would be a collusion / accessory act and would warrant a sentence. Passive complicity is complicity nonetheless.

Correct! However, as of yet it is not illegal to abuse bugs in online games in any country I know of, therefore it is not a crime. However, if you read the terms you agreed to, the GMs and Admins may ban you at any time, for any reason, or no visible reason at all. Watching someone exploit a bug and not reporting it falls under "any reason" though it, in my eyes anyways, is not "enough of a reason" to take a paying customer's money and then ban them. Legally, I believe there may be a possible case to be had if they do not refund the cash they spent on the zen/gold that was not yet used and do not reinstate their account. That's just the opinion of a Business major college student though, a Law major could probably clarify some of the gray areas in the wording of the contract much better than I can. Oh..and of course the small amount of money spent on that zen/gold wouldn't be enough to make it worth taking anyone to court.b:chuckle
  • orme
    orme Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    True. Well, in the case his pleas fall on deaf ears, he can always check the "undelivered goods or service" clauses of the third party service ( paypal or googlecash or such ) he used to pay ?
  • Duclis - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    PayPal and most credit cards would order a return of funds in this situation, I believe, however I cannot be sure as I have never been banned from a game..
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Gm needs to respond to this as I find it very frightening something like this could happen.

The more and more I start to read and hear about these kind of things leads me to belive thier is favoritism by the Gm to some players as I have personally witnessed this before in the past with other mmorpg's.

My whole family and friends will leave if this is the facts.i will not be duped into playing another mmorpg where players can buy the Gm's help.

Gm needs to respond.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I'm sure the GMs were lead to believe that the Veno was a in a party with OP so they were abusing the bug together. That would explain why OP was banned when someone else was abusing the bug.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    fante wrote: »
    Im an lv51 archer from Sanctuary server.

last nite i was farming around Gouf and i saw this veno soloing Gouf. I stopped by and watched him.
    Then a group of (a guild) guys, including their leader, arrived and one of them accused me of abusing bug.
    Wth is that to do with me?! i was just standing there and watching.
    And the guild leader even turned his name to white and pked me.
    And after a few hours i got banned. What do u guys think?

That (a guild) guy is definately the culprit behind all this. he must be the one reported me.
    and im so dissapointed with the gm too. he didnt even verify anything b4 banning me.

Is it wrong to just stand aside and vitness an abuse?
    Im not the one who did the abuse.

I just charged Zen and now i have no way to use them. My original acc is banned, even for forum access. and i created this one to post what have happened to me.

I submited a ticket hours ago, and theres still no reply yet.
    tell me should i continue playing?

what did i do wrong pls tell me?

Please check the email address attached to your account. We do not ban people without good cause, reason, or evidence. Please PM me if you did not receive an email. Also remember to check your junk box.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    Crash - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    seems abit odd that the GM wud just ban u for standing there just because some random fools reported u, i smell something fishy lol
    also to the bug on luring qingzi through the door, thats just epic lazyness and it doesnt cut the fb in half, instead of turning left u go forward still, kill 3 mobs to the right side of the door, get a distance class to hit the mini boss cos it has very low range, kill the lantern that comes to u when u hit the miniboss and there u go, door is open simply by killing 5 things that takes another 30 seconds.
    retired from PWI server Heavens Tear, October 2008
    want to start on Harshlands ASAP!
  • Zanko - Lost City
    Zanko - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    How can GM's bann players for using a bug/glitch??

Is it the players fault for using a bug/glitch, or the GM's fault for not fixing it??

Zanko~
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    How can GM's bann players for using a bug/glitch??

Is it the players fault for using a bug/glitch, or the GM's fault for not fixing it??

Zanko~

Gm's dont fix these bugs, they tell them to dev's who fix them,if they fix.

Yes it is the players fault for using it after it has been announced to be against the rules.

Also read the ToS you agreed upon when creating account, GM's can ban you whenever they want for any reason they want or for no reason at all.

Though 99% cases are for a reason. Lets leave 1% for the doubt. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Yukkfoo - Sanctuary
    Yukkfoo - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Pff

There is always two sides to the story. However the way the Gm's responded like that sure looks fishy to me. they all claim they dont bann with out good reason,Yet i notice that he said he just baught zen in his account.

Get it? they already got his money!

I serisouly sugest though.. that if they want to make thier income worth it on this game to not assign th eposition og GM to an imature person on a pwer trip. They wont get any money if they just bann people on heresay of another.And "cuz we said so" is not good enough to satisfy a suspisious public. word will eventually spread and people wonnt spen thier monuey on this game if there is bad PR.

From what i jsut read, i can click on someones name that i dont like, hit report hacking button and poff! gone! on my heresay alone. Nothing establised by a witness or nothing. jsut a GM that jumps the gun.

and all i see is oone GM saying they dont bad for good reason. how to trust that? how to test it?
    PWI already got that guys money.
    if they treat paying customers like that well then you see where that can go.

My whoe point to this is that i hope the GM's are at least 18 years of age and in control of thier emotions and dont just run around banning someone because thier real life firend said so.
  • sassyelf79
    sassyelf79 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    u go upside of gouf/quilhog king etc mob and send fly pet in.

Sorry I don't understand? I mean as a veno you can't send fly pet to attack from mid air ? While it keeps you safe distance from boss, as you spam heal on pet, and ready to fly off in case your pet dies and save yourself. How is that a bug?
  • demise
    demise Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    sassyelf79 wrote: »
    Sorry I don't understand? I mean as a veno you can't send fly pet to attack from mid air ? While it keeps you safe distance from boss, as you spam heal on pet, and ready to fly off in case your pet dies and save yourself. How is that a bug?

Some bosses don't respond the same way when a werefox is flying over them sending out their pet to attack. The bosses in turn, freeze up and cease to attack. You're better off having a full party kill it, than waiting 10mins or so on a veno trying to kill it from the air.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Pff

There is always two sides to the story. However the way the Gm's responded like that sure looks fishy to me. they all claim they dont bann with out good reason,Yet i notice that he said he just baught zen in his account.

Get it? they already got his money!

I serisouly sugest though.. that if they want to make thier income worth it on this game to not assign th eposition og GM to an imature person on a pwer trip. They wont get any money if they just bann people on heresay of another.And "cuz we said so" is not good enough to satisfy a suspisious public. word will eventually spread and people wonnt spen thier monuey on this game if there is bad PR.

From what i jsut read, i can click on someones name that i dont like, hit report hacking button and poff! gone! on my heresay alone. Nothing establised by a witness or nothing. jsut a GM that jumps the gun.

and all i see is oone GM saying they dont bad for good reason. how to trust that? how to test it?
    PWI already got that guys money.
    if they treat paying customers like that well then you see where that can go.

My whoe point to this is that i hope the GM's are at least 18 years of age and in control of thier emotions and dont just run around banning someone because thier real life firend said so.

I will state once again that we do not ban users simply because someone else reports them. We do our best to examine every report we're given and look at the evidence behind the scenes on our end.

We do not ban people because we "have their money". That is 100% counter-intuitive to what we're trying to do here at Perfect World Entertainment.

Finally, any and all GM Abuse reports are looked at very seriously and undergo an in-depth process to either validate or prove incorrect. If you ever see a GM behave inappropriately, send an email to:
    http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.