Good Job Gm's

Options
Rojoverde - Sanctuary
Rojoverde - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
I just made this thread to show my support for the Gm's.You guys get attack by alot of things that usely arn't your fault.Not you mention your actully active unlike most games...*cough* anyway just wanted to show my support and to say that even though people think your the cause for all there woes most of PWI Likes you don't worry what these 1% of nerds say XP.
Post edited by Rojoverde - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Knightblade - Heavens Tear
    Knightblade - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I think the GM's are doing a good job as well! Thanks for your time and efforts!
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I just made this thread to show my support for the Gm's.You guys get attack by alot of things that usely arn't your fault.Not you mention your actully active unlike most games...*cough* anyway just wanted to show my support and to say that even though people think your the cause for all there woes most of PWI Likes you don't worry what these 1% of nerds say XP.

thx for the kudos. PWI's GM's are some of the hardest working humps in the biz.

The ShazzBot approves of this post.
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • Rojoverde - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    Options
    b:pleased XD nice to see people actully replyed I was hoping this wouldn't get flamed or anything.
  • ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    My first day playing, I was surprised how fast GMs responded to bot reporting.

gmingvs8.jpg
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    VERY fast in game response to in game issues. I will at least give them that much...

Most GM's take an hour or so to respond so the one's here are incredibly efficient in that aspect.

However, the bigger problems seem to be ignored, as seen in just about every single thread on these forums.

This is not flaming, this is constructive criticism, pointing out the good thing's and the things that need improvement. This is an AMAZING F2P game and I'd hate to see it go down hill since they've been so successful so far...
  • Rojoverde - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    Options
    VERY fast in game response to in game issues. I will at least give them that much...

Most GM's take an hour or so to respond so the one's here are incredibly efficient in that aspect.

However, the bigger problems seem to be ignored, as seen in just about every single thread on these forums.

This is not flaming, this is constructive criticism, pointing out the good thing's and the things that need improvement. This is an AMAZING F2P game and I'd hate to see it go down hill since they've been so successful so far...

I agree with you sorta XD the problem is that people think that the Gm control the company and everything and thats obviously not true ya they can change somthings but if they still can't just like say for an example make hallowean gifts free I mean they would be fired instantly for that.All im saying is give the Gm a break there way better then Gm in most games and should be respected.
  • eled
    eled Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I just want to say Thank you to the GM who came to help me when I fell in the pool in arch and thought I was stuck even though I wasn't You guys actually do your job so kudos
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    yea, GMs are doing a nice job
    here's a pic of a GM who saw me bugging Goufu b:chuckle
    http://i78.servimg.com/u/f78/12/88/64/93/gm_and10.jpg i show this only cause i respect them for their work b:victory
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Foxgodz - Heavens Tear
    Foxgodz - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    The Gm's deserve a round of applause for the most part.>.< so well done guys,Now as to the development team and whomever thought of the halloween event,get them a friendly warning to improve the quality of events!b:victory

~FoxGodz approves of this message ;) just like u Shazzbot,if it sounds good for the ego it gets approvedb:pleased
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ~FoxGodz approves of this message ;) just like u Shazzbot,if it sounds good for the ego it gets approvedb:pleased

The ShazzBot kinda approves of the above message. 'A' for attitude and overall moxie. b:chuckle
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I tried to post this hours ago but the stupid ISP's DNS went down and it took them ages to fix it so I'll post it now

Oh there are always people who blame the GMs for everything even when they are not to blame at all. Or hate them just becuase its not within their power to do certain things. People don't realize GMs do have limits to what they are able to do and expect too much. Typically they want the GM's to do things only the devs can actually do and don't seem to have figured out that the GM's have no say so over what the devs do or don't do in the game. They can only give suggestions.

However what the GMs ARE able to do they do very well I agree. I've seen them in the game many times and they showed up fast when I put in a report in the game. They are taking quick action against bug abusers and dealing with all the junk players toss at them in a very nice manner.

Even if the game starts to go bad with things, the one thing that can keep me here is the GMs themselves.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

Yes, the GMs are doing a fine job. The only time I called one, it took less than 10 minutes to see one pop up near me, which is an excellent delay.

I think the main problem with PWE is not at the base (the GMs), but at the head (those leading the company) which have been very unresponsive and very slow to react about players' concerns so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • zamaris
    zamaris Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    >"However, the bigger problems seem to be ignored, as seen in just about every single thread on these forums.<

Keep in mind that the GM's are NOT the game's developers. A GM can assist a player, ban troublemakers and even field complaints, but they cannot change the game in any way. The best they can do is pass your concerns onto the development team and hope it gets resolved.

That means they cannot fix most bugs, change Zen prices and so on. Now, if you get stuck, have some smacktard griefing you or you report a bot; THAT they can deal with. And from what I have seen, they have done an admirable job, especially when compared to other F2P games.
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Thanks Gm's for your hard work.

Yall are the best Gm's ive seen in 20 years of playing these mmorpg's.

Ive actually invited friends that played other games with me that NEVER spent money in them cos well the game didnt deserve it, but I spent anyway cos I can but they couldnt.

Now after 2 weeks of playing this game.They have already spent real money.That goes to show just how well a game Yall have made here.

A big round of thanks to you people who keep this stuf running good!

Have a great night guys and gals

From the Spillman family.Happy haloweeen!
  • noobcake4lyfe
    noobcake4lyfe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I would also like to commend all the GMs on a job well done and to keep up the good work. This message goes out to all the pansies that complain to the GMs about evry little thing.......the GMs dnt deserve all your sh*t!!!
    "Avarice, Envy, Lust, Pride, Wrath, Sloth, Gluttony"

"We 7 shall corrupt this Perfect World..."b:sin
  • iamugly
    iamugly Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    zamaris wrote: »
    >" THAT they can deal with. And from what I have seen, they have done an admirable job, especially when compared to other F2P games.

I have been on 2 P2P games and 3 F2P games, includeing the one often called "Bot Heaven" and on all them, if a GM showed up, everyone would run over to see them. It was unique, something you almost never saw. Seen one get mob'ed and messaged so bad in Donwhang it lagged the GM so much they had to leave the game. Now that is bad.

It is not that way in PWMY or PWI, they show up often enough that is it not a big deal to have a GM there, that is great. They are here, watching, helping, and that makes the game a lot more enjoyable.

On SRO one of my guild mates got stuck in a glitch, could not get out. Could not teleport, could not die, and there is no jump or fly. Over a week he tried to get help from a GM to get unstuck. They did respond after more then a week. They reset his account. b:cry

When they was done, he could not even log into it. Poor Tigers.

No, I have no complaints about the lack of activity of our GM's, they are here, and we know it.
  • fabiorm1
    fabiorm1 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I am pleased with the attitude of the GMs in the game. Besides the normal work they try to make the game more fair and educate the players to play without abuse and exploitation of flaws and glitches. Good work GMs.
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Our GM's are doing excellent work in keeping the game fair for all.

Now its our time, the community, to do what we can to help them. Those of us who know about the bugs and other stuff that gets you banned, Spread the word!

Let people know they are not allowed,Guild leaders, let your guild know about them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    thom wrote: »
    Our GM's are doing excellent work in keeping the game fair for all.

Now its our time, the community, to do what we can to help them. Those of us who know about the bugs and other stuff that gets you banned, Spread the word!

Let people know they are not allowed,Guild leaders, let your guild know about them.

Yeah...that would work if everyone cared, but they don't. A guild kicked me out because they knew the bugging was bannable and they knew I would report them. If I'm not in the guild its harder for me to know when they are doing it so I can't report them.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • pwhan
    pwhan Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Honestly, you are all very lucky. I do not in any way wish to derail this thread, nor cause the OP or GMs to feel flamed. I too, have been been playing one form or another of these games for twenty years and so far, I cannot personally say whether or not these are the best ever or comment on their respective attitudes. For me, there has been no GM presence at all.

I used the in game report method three times and waited for several hours after each with no response. Btw, that method is very limited. However, I have had a next day response from support tickets and I am happy with that. I am also very happy to hear that all of you have had a good experience and I hope that you have not had to spend real money or 12k+ coins for a WC to get a response.

Anyway, good work GMs so far for pleasing the majority, but also know there is possibly still room for improvement as far as in game response, IMO. Of course, I am also aware that there is possibly still room for improvement on my part for learning the nuances of getting a GM response. Feel free to post what specific methods you all have used to get your responses.

Lastly, in response to a previous poster, I am so very glad that we do not have GMs suffering from a God complex, gathering all the willing groupies about them. I'd rather never have a GM response and deal directly with CS than to see that happen. Touche in that regard! Also, I have to agree and approve of Shazzbot in general (idk, the name just seems to conjure up warm fuzzies, probably not intended though!) and definitely the GM presence on these forums as well.
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Yeah...that would work if everyone cared, but they don't. A guild kicked me out because they knew the bugging was bannable and they knew I would report them. If I'm not in the guild its harder for me to know when they are doing it so I can't report them.

Yeah thats true, but when they get bans for it, its their own fault. Just spread the word,tell people they can get bans from them.

Just stating what people can do as there's been several posts about not knowing about these bugs.

Your old guild cant be too good then if they rely on these bugs. No player who knows how this game works has to ever use these bugs at all. Sad guild for kicking out the one honest player they had.

In my opinion, you are better off on another guild than with those...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Rojoverde - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Lol wow I am happily surprised this thread did so well XD lots of Kudos to the Gm's and actually no real flaming lol wow unexpected much.
    Anyway I'm happy see that most people don't hate the Gm's.This game really does have some of the best Gm's in the world lol weird..but true Ive played others and well...it might take a week to respond that is if they respond:laugh so keep up the good work guys. =)