Pyrogolth Monsters

forevermore
forevermore Posts: 6 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
Hi, sorry to be nooby and all but i just have to ask something,

Im not sure wether its a bug or not, im fighting Pyrogolth monsters which do Burn damage. Even after they die, the damage still lasts and takes off about 100+ hp per hit, then dead.

Is there a way to reduce it, or even avoid it?
Post edited by forevermore on

Comments

• Dixie - Lost City
    Dixie - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    A Cleiic can always Purify you and take it off, You can also make orbs from apothcaries that remove all negative effects, other then that I dont know of a way to prevent it or stop it
  • ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Yes, thats very normal, and just a minor annoyance until 50+, when they run farther, into other fire mobs, and they all aggro at once....

4 at once, they'll kill you in 10 seconds if you're not careful. ><
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Monarch - Lost City
    Monarch - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    This is exactly why I <3 stuns!
    It takes a big man to cry, but a bigger man to laugh at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Outlaw
  • Fivefive - Lost City
    Fivefive - Lost City Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    They only use damage-over-time skills. This is a job for the level 39 fist skill!
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    In addition to the above-mentioned ways of rinsing damage-over-time powers off, you can also use the stuns or powers that interrupt spellcasting to prevent the DoT from hitting you in the first place. Carrying potions can help reduce the risk of these powers killing you, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foreverxx - Sanctuary
    Foreverxx - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    As a blade lvl 26 right now, i only have 1 stun which would be useful since the otherone takes longer to cast and is aoe. They only get stunned for 3 seconds in which i can cast one skill afterwards.
  • Darcane - Lost City
    Darcane - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    But for lower lvls who may not have any skills to prevent the dmg, the best way to go would be just normal potions. The healing over time counteracts the damage over time.