Difference between manufacturing and buying?

mirrorshroud
mirrorshroud Posts: 13 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello, I just started PW two days ago. I've gotten the crafting and blacksmith skills and tried manufacturing a few things. I noticed that they had the exact same stats and reqs as the ones in the shop. So I was wondering, is there a difference later on or anything advantageous between the item you manufacture and the item you can buy in the shop?

Thanks guys! =)
Post edited by mirrorshroud on

Comments

• Elbaf - Heavens Tear
    Elbaf - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    From what I've seen, some of the weapons that are made by people can have different effects, along with having slots for upgrading the item.
  • daynamic
    daynamic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I have been manufacturing alot and as i see you have a good chance to make same base item like in shop or items that have more special attribute (blue/purple letters) like adding MP,HP,STR, DEX, resistances or PhRes/Dmg etc...
    Also making ur own items is a good way to make cash too :p
  • Dauthus - Sanctuary
    Dauthus - Sanctuary Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Is there a way to control the stats the equip you are crafting has, or is it a random thing that the item has special abilities/stats?
  • Monstrosity - Heavens Tear
    Monstrosity - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It's a completely random thing.
  • Jeiiy - Heavens Tear
    Jeiiy - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You can (randomly) create a godly weapon that is normall 1* but you get 3*.

There is also a chance to get a socketed equip.
  • V_a_l - Heavens Tear
    V_a_l - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Manufacturing skill are more when it is higher level...
    Imagine you get a good mold, and wants to create the weapon/armor out of it... You have all the requested item for it... But...you do not have enough Blacksmith skill for it...
    You were running around asking if someone can help you on the crafting, but afraid he/she may scam you off the item... You went to your own guild and ask around... NO one has the capabilities in doing it... You are in deep ****... as you have no friends who can help you at all... and no one to trust in... Even you have the mold and item... =P

So perhaps, learning or concentrate on 2-3 skill from Manufacturing will be good enough.

Suggestion: Apoc or whatever it's call (for making pots etc so you won't waste too much time and $ on pots)... Blacksmith (for weapon making), and Tailor (for armor making)
    Cherish what you have now... Do not regret when you lose it... =)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]