Please, tell me it's a timed quest

Darcane - Lost City
Darcane - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
I read every single quest I pick up. From the first page, until it's in my quest log. I expect all the information I need to be in the quest description that I'm reading. I know which city to go to to find a person, which zone to go to to find a monster, or what item i'm supposed to be searching the area for.

Sometimes they say it's a timed quest and I know I need to make sure I complete that first. My problem is that some don't say they are timed quests. I've failed several quests b/c they leave out that vital detail. There's no problem when you're able to pick up the quest again, but you can't do that w/ all quests. I shouldn't be expected to look up the brief description in my quest log after every single quest I recieve b/c I need to determine whether it's timed or not.

All I'm asking for is one sentence at the end of the quest description while you're still talking to the NPC or whatnot: Oh, by the way, you only have a short time to complete this. Don't be late.

Just let me know it's timed before time runs out.
Post edited by Darcane - Lost City on

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Sometimes it's not obvious. Like an old Angler person, if you click the specifics of the quest, it won't tell time. But if you click the tier above it, it will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I read every single quest I pick up. From the first page, until it's in my quest log. I expect all the information I need to be in the quest description that I'm reading. I know which city to go to to find a person, which zone to go to to find a monster, or what item i'm supposed to be searching the area for.

Sometimes they say it's a timed quest and I know I need to make sure I complete that first. My problem is that some don't say they are timed quests. I've failed several quests b/c they leave out that vital detail. There's no problem when you're able to pick up the quest again, but you can't do that w/ all quests. I shouldn't be expected to look up the brief description in my quest log after every single quest I recieve b/c I need to determine whether it's timed or not.

All I'm asking for is one sentence at the end of the quest description while you're still talking to the NPC or whatnot: Oh, by the way, you only have a short time to complete this. Don't be late.

Just let me know it's timed before time runs out.

Yea, i had that problem too. Now everytime i get a quest, i'll always check my quest box to see if there a timer associated with it.
  • Leynora - Sanctuary
    Leynora - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Sometimes, they leave out vital information in the quest discriptions. That's why it is extremely vital to check the quest log. I lost count of how many times I got lost, only to find out that the information I need was in the quest log.
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    after I get a quest, I usually shift click it in the quest log to track it. When you do this, the tracking text tells you if there's a timer or not.
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If there is a timed quest, the timer will be in your quest log. There is not one quest in this game that is timed but no timer gets displayed. And as the above post said, a good way to be sure it to track your quests so you can see all the vital information.
  • Monarch - Lost City
    Monarch - Lost City Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    My guess is was the Chin quest that you failed due to time? So sorry bud. :(
    It takes a big man to cry, but a bigger man to laugh at him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Guild: Outlaw
  • Monstrosity - Heavens Tear
    Monstrosity - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    starman17 wrote: »
    after I get a quest, I usually shift click it in the quest log to track it. When you do this, the tracking text tells you if there's a timer or not.

This is probably the best answer by far in this topic. When tracking a quest, whether you think it shows up in your quest log or not, it will always show you the time directly above said quest. So, say I was to get a quest to kill Shimmering Vipents - as many as I can - for 30 minutes. If I tracked that quest, it would show "Kill: Shimmering Vipent" and "Time: mm:ss." M, of course, standing for minutes, and s standing for seconds.

As long as you have the quest tracked, it will always show the time left unless you decide to take the quest off the tracker.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If there is a timed quest, the timer will be in your quest log. There is not one quest in this game that is timed but no timer gets displayed. And as the above post said, a good way to be sure it to track your quests so you can see all the vital information.

Displayed, yes, but not always displayed on the HUD. There definitely are some quests with timers that are only visible within the quest box. Tracking the quest does not put the timer onscreen - very annoying.