no chance against archers

gaoren
gaoren Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2009 in Barbarian
i hear that archers dish out massive damage and though that may not be as alarming for tanks, their range gives them a great advantage over barbs because barbs have no range. how is it possible to overcome this disadvantage?
Post edited by gaoren on

Comments

• markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    its almost impossible for archers to pk barbarians

most don't even try

(because archers attacks are physical and barbs have uber high amounts of hp and physical def, so if the barb has a hiero they can't dish out enough dmg in 10 seconds)
  • marccc
    marccc Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    max bloodbath.
    make sure you have your tiger phys defense passive maxed, and tiger transform for more speed and HP.

if you engage in pvp and want to kill..
    turn into tiger mode to run at them, don't even try running at them in human form.
    running towards them with max tiger cuts down their phys attacks by 60%. once you get close range switch to human and kill.

repeat process if they try to range again, make sure they don't kite you to more of their squad members or you'll get ganged.

if you pull off a stun (max stun is base 50% probability for 4 secs) it should give you enough time to dish out damage, finish off the kill with bestial onslaught if they try to run and they're down.

overall accuracy is the key, it does you no good getting up to their face if you miss all your hits.

either way its a toss up, just don't get caught in human form at long range getting stunned. Your massive hp won't save you.
  • Caelir - Heavens Tear
    Caelir - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Don't forget that archers have magic damage as well, via Metal damage magic attacks.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    archer vs barb, its ALL on luck of draw, if the archer string crits, ur dead, if you have bloodbath maxed, and a decent amount of dex, and you get in range, archers dead, its all luck of draw, its the same thing with every other ranged class also, except clerics, i dont lose 1v1 with clerics o.O
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    ^^ thats true in the 50-70 range but not after that, and especially not after 89.
  • wolfdog68
    wolfdog68 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    no no, the barbs at end game kicks all other class's ****,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ BlackCard ~
    IGN - Skye
    Class - Priest
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    yea, now that im 80, in PvP archers are no problem for me, at all. i COMPLETELY own them.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • argetlambr
    argetlambr Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i only had problems with archers when i was starting, around lvl 60 (i was plaing on a brasilian server)was a prety easy to own they into a short distance and i could win easily some times even with a very large distance just with a bit of luck to stun they =)
  • Rakthor - Lost City
    Rakthor - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ZOMG THIS POST HELPED ME SOOO MUCH! I made an archer because I thought barbs were too weak but coz of this i think ill carry on with my barb!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Also lets not forget that the surf impact skill = 50% speed reduction for 4 seconds even at lvl1. Use the time to go humanoid and lay a stun followed by onslaught. Or you can stay tiger and fleshream away. Archers attack power massively drops the closer you get to them.
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Reevoive - Lost City
    Reevoive - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ZOMG THIS POST HELPED ME SOOO MUCH! I made an archer because I thought barbs were too weak but coz of this i think ill carry on with my barb!b:victory

lol stick to the class you personally like best; each has their pros and cons so there is no one perfect class =P
    besides, if we cant kill a particular archer, we at least know we can survive the attack. hate with when 9x archers come down to swamps to up their kill count, but they can never kill me
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i dont lose 1v1 with clerics o.O

huh? i dont get it? what did u wana say?
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterboy - Lost City
    Waterboy - Lost City Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    always will come down to luck,eq, etc all the variables 1vs1
  • PowerLily - Lost City
    PowerLily - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    lol stick to the class you personally like best; each has their pros and cons so there is no one perfect class =P
    besides, if we cant kill a particular archer, we at least know we can survive the attack. hate with when 9x archers come down to swamps to up their kill count, but they can never kill me

hehe. lol.b:pleased.
  • Cascade - Harshlands
    Cascade - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Slowing 'em down and speeding yourself up don't work in the air b:surrender

Max Bloodbath, yeah, and use Beastial Onslaught. Good for pressure, lowers evasion, great damage, and ya got an unhappy archer. Watch out for lightning ;o
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    use the new genies skill: Solid Shield and Thunderstom, u'll own archers even better than before
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bolinhas - Lost City
    Bolinhas - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Does bloodbath automatically hit, like a spell?

If so... maybe I should become a barbarian...

Upps your accuracy for 200 % if maxed. b:dirty

Or you can use accuracy pots
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    As an Archer, I will admit, I would never go against a Barbarian during PVP unless the level difference is maxed.

A Barbarian my level would take a lot of time to kill, but it is true that we Archers dish our some of the highest critical rates and damages, our range gives us the the space to pwn.

But put a Barb infront of us an we'll pass.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
    edited May 2009
    Nah, archers are a barbs best friends.
    We need archers close by to range-pwn our greatest threats, those pesky high level mages b:chuckle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bolinhas - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    But I think barbarians (and blademasters) do have some skills which automatically hit? And blademasters even get a stun which always succeeds?

Can't really help on the BM part, but we Beasts miss a lot when fighting pure-build archers b:surrender. Those jumping jacks... you're possibly the only class that can kill a Barbarian, although only if he's not prepaired for you, that is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    I was thinking of armageddon. I think armageddon can miss? (Armageddon would not miss me, sadly, but might miss other people in my squad?)

You mean Perdition (Armageddon is PW-MY name) b:chuckle. Yeah it misses all to often. The other option is to bloodbath before perdition for improved accuracy, but as that reduces our HP, the damage from perdition is greatly reduced (not to mention massively reduces our survivability). I think most barbs would rather miss than bloodbath with perdition (I know I would). Apothecary pills do help though.
    But I think barbarians (and blademasters) do have some skills which automatically hit? And blademasters even get a stun which always succeeds?

Dunno about the BMs part (they have too many stuns, so one will always get ya b:laugh) but until recently the barbs only had one skill which would never miss and that became available only after the 89 sage/demon path.
    But this last updated gave us two skills that never miss now one humanoid and one tigerform.

(I am a mage, so I will never miss if I ever get my spell cast, but I sometimes wonder if I should have picked something else.)
    Mages are deadly once you're high level (80+). You're like a barb in that respect, hard to level but get better each level. In fact high level mages are probably the only class that can take down a high level barb with relative ease (imho).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bolinhas - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    <everything>

that's what I said b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkRings - Sanctuary
    DarkRings - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Can't really help on the BM part, but we Beasts miss a lot when fighting pure-build archers b:surrender.
    I'm bored again...*hahaha*
    The only post I read here... But...but.. Pure archers are easy to kill. :P
  • Neltharius - Heavens Tear
    Neltharius - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    LOL
    archers have nothing on barbs
  • Neltharius - Heavens Tear
    Neltharius - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    but just incase you're not very experienced
    or it's an archer with godly equips

your best bet is to chase with tiger form
    also invest a bit in socketing your weapons

accuracy shards do wonders for a barb, more than bloodbath anyway.
    the reason:
    bloodbath increases percentage
    since barbs have a very low accuracy to start with, bloodbath's % increase doesnt make us hit much more often than what we do without it

unless, of course, we have wonderfully sharded weapons ^^