Why CS...Why no clusters...

Kitsuvix - Sanctuary
Kitsuvix - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Chronicles
This is going to be a biiiig rant... Well maybe not that big but if you don't want to hear me complain, click that cute little 'back' button.

Why always those CS things that are not only overpriced but also completely unnecessary (SP?). The one thing this game REALLY needs are more servers and clusters!
Seriously just think about it.. This game (the international version I mean eh...) is only out for about what... a month? maybe two? And all 3 of the servers are insanely FULL. There's just no way to play normally.

Whenever I play MMO's, I play in the morning (for me atleast...). Most of the time, those games are EMPTY. But this game is ALWAYS full. No way to train or quest in a relaxed way. It's always running and spazzing to get to the enemy first. And that doesn't always help, there's always some b:shutup who also attacks the enemy.

I play games to try and RELAX from daily life. This game is just one big pile of stress (I stress way to easily... don't blame me but my annoying personality =3).
Don't say 'well just stop playing it you *insert word here*!', too bad I'm already addicted... yay...

Don't get me wrong GM's and players... This game is GREAT (maybe to good), but the biggest let-down is the insane amount of players all clutted in 3 servers with no way to change to a more empty server/cluster.

Please consider this.

I apoligize for my bad English.

On with the flaming b:sad
Post edited by Kitsuvix - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Bean - Lost City
    Bean - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    First off, that was about as long as a sound bite... actually several sound bites taped together with what you deem as "bad English". But, let me quickly respond to this in a less round-about and less obscure way: Sorry for the inconvenience.

There is no other way to say it and I said it rather nicely, there is no way a game can cater to the needs of a egotist who feels that the whole world revolves around their quests and interactions between the quests and the questee. Not to mention that there is this "cute little button" called invite, you can invoke it if you click over their avatar and right click their avatar picture. After you press that invite button and beg them to join you, you will be able to get the needed quest drops.

But listen, no hard feelings I just hate it when people wallow in self pity, don't put something up if you KNOW you will get flamed for it, take some time to edit and re-read your post a few times, then post it. At any rate, SORRY your HIGHNESS for the inconvenience of sharing.

-Yours,
    Dr. Bean

P.S. yes I am grumpy, it is 1:10 in the morning and I just finished my homework, you were the perfect reason to unwind.
    A level 100 BM trapped in a 58 Cleric Forum Pic... These Pikachus are on a hunger-strike / slap fest until the forum moderators and/or GMs fix this issue... kthxbai b:angry

"What would Pikachu Do?"-Dr. Bean
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Duclis - Heavens Tear
    Duclis - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Yes, the game could benefit from extra servers, not many will attempt to refute that.
    However, for the most part the Cash Shop is what it should be (with a few exceptions (I'm looking at you, dolls and charms). The cash shop has many purely cosmetic items (clothing)) and also has some "lazy-tools" like the charms and dolls that give extreme advantages in certain situations, which can however be transfered to other players for other items/coins/etc. The main issue with getting more servers up is that first they need to be sure that this will actually be a PROFITABLE venture, due to the nature of said cash shop. So really, the only way I can see there being more servers is there being more players, and those players making more purchases.

Or in 1 sentence, get more people playing so they can have more money to get new server hardware to get servers for the new players those players bring in, which perpetuates a cycle that keeps everyone happy. b:pleasedb:thanks
  • Kitsuvix - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    YES I'm kind of selfish, don't really care though XD It's just TRUE that all the servers are way to busy. There's no way to play on your own anymore.
    Want to say some more things but I actually have something better to do now... Maybe some other time. *waves*
  • Onishi - Heavens Tear
    Onishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I never understood the point of playing an MMO in which teaming is a bad thing? I mean there's plenty of offline games with better graphics, more engaging game play, actual storyline that matter. Rather then an online world where anything you do can't make an impact, due to the fact that somehow the same problem exists for the next 9,000,000 people to do the exact same thing you just did.

Point of an MMO is so that you actually can... meet people, do things with them. interact in both positive and negative ways. If you want an offline MMO with the same general feel of an MMO, without there being actual people there, play .**** or something.
    and no offense to you, though I think that the majority of players, generally like the idea of there being people around, and well that's what the companies cater to. otherwise the game could just be sold to run on the local machine, and them not have to pay anything on the server end.

It's kinda imposible to set up a game where there's not many people around, but there are when you do need them, and I'd put up with the people in my way, in exchange for actually being able to find people when I need a party
  • scarletthief
    scarletthief Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Yay replying from the school computers..

Well I agree with the whole busy thing. It IS quite annoying that if you just want to play, spend some time to get away from real life.. and then you only get people SPAMMING your ' join squad ' button or the ' LVL?!?!?!' spamming or the ' LIFT A GIRL' button.. and, yeah, wanting to train and get " ks-ed" the entire time. that is, no matter how you look at it, annoying..

" YEAH but you can put a person in the blacklist!!!!! "

Good for you, but in that case you can put the entire server in there.

Well.. more clusters, the better it is, and less arguments and less fights.

Yay for bad english and logica.
  • nicksloth
    nicksloth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    First off, that was about as long as a sound bite... actually several sound bites taped together with what you deem as "bad English". But, let me quickly respond to this in a less round-about and less obscure way: Sorry for the inconvenience.

There is no other way to say it and I said it rather nicely, there is no way a game can cater to the needs of a egotist who feels that the whole world revolves around their quests and interactions between the quests and the questee. Not to mention that there is this "cute little button" called invite, you can invoke it if you click over their avatar and right click their avatar picture. After you press that invite button and beg them to join you, you will be able to get the needed quest drops.

But listen, no hard feelings I just hate it when people wallow in self pity, don't put something up if you KNOW you will get flamed for it, take some time to edit and re-read your post a few times, then post it. At any rate, SORRY your HIGHNESS for the inconvenience of sharing.

-Yours,
    Dr. Bean

P.S. yes I am grumpy, it is 1:10 in the morning and I just finished my homework, you were the perfect reason to unwind.

I find the fact you think it is ok to call Kitsuvix an egoist rather amusing when you have just sat there at a computer, ridiculing his/hers bad English. You are the egoist, not the OP.

As for the topic, I agree to an extent. I have been playing for about three weeks now and the number of players has grown noticeably in that time. I have seen places I would normally go to grind on my own, and be the only player there, be filled by 10+ players all fighting for the same monsters. Although it does not really bother me.....I can see why it would annoy other players.
  • Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear
    Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I enjoy the number of peoplem, I only vaguely get irriatated by KSer's (generally I like to party up with them to make my quest go quicker) and the constant chatter is often amusing, I used to play Ragnarok that thing for me during english time was deader than a beef burger, so I was quite happy to find a game with a good amount of online people.

I can see why you get annoyed and want to relax, but surly playing with others is relaxing also?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I like when we get more CS items. b:chuckle

And we just got a new cluster, which I can see you are playing on, so it can't be that bad for you.
    I think that if they see that another cluster is needed because the other ones are full, they will add a new cluster. But to open a new cluster so people can play on a pretty empty cluster is just silly. So when people are all over that cluster, we open another one ? And then another one ?

I think the PWE staff knows what they're doing. b:pleased
    edited October 2008
    Yea I feel there will be more servers opened at any rate but just have to put up with things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitsuvix - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    Glad that there are still some people that can respond without flaming b:pleased
    I HAVE been searching for an offline-game that has the same feel and gameplay as perfect world, but haven't found any.
    And even though Sanctuary is fresh and new, it's also already really crowded.
    edited October 2008
    One other thing once you get to level 40+ there a hell of a lot less people you might fine one or two other people on a spawn big enough to accomodate it. Hold on and have a go see if it gets better, once you get to 30+ you will deffinatly notice the lower numbers on a spawn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deshin
    deshin Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Have to agree with the above post. It is mostly the lower level areas that are overcrowded and only certain areas that you see a lot of competition for mobs. The area that has all the low 20 quest near the mine is one of the worst. This is not so much because the server is so overcrowded but because the mobs are in a limited area and you must kill a very larger number. 10-15 people in the area will cause every mob to be targeted as soon as it spawns.

This is a flaw in the design of the quests for this area. They needed to have the mobs spread out over a larger area or increase the spawn rate a lot when they start to get killed on spawn.

After level 30 the only area that I saw this again was near the misfortune island quests. This is because the majority of the quest mobs are out in the unavailable area and everyone fights over the 6-10 you can get to.

I really wish it was more overcrowded in the higher areas. It would be nice to come to a world mini boss for a quest and have other people around that also need it rather than having to hang around for hours looking for a group to kill these.

At least their sever design is good enough to not get performance issues with all these users on at the same time
  • Tenderloin - Sanctuary
    Tenderloin - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Generally if I need to kill certain mobs and there are a lot of people killing the same things I would try to party with them because 6 people working on the same goals is better and faster than each trying to KS each other esp in those kill 50 mobs quest.
  • Keef - Lost City
    Keef - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Opening a new server and not allowing transfers to that server means INSTANT MONEY, since all the characters will be needing to expand their inventories, get charms, get new mounts, get new clothes.

Basically everything they spent money on, on the old server they will be needing to buy again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

invictus.lostminions.org
  • Maestro - Raging Tide
    Maestro - Raging Tide Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I completely agree with this. More servers!
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Necro from 2008?! Dude...
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Necro from 2008?! Dude...

Remember when there were three servers? b:chuckle Ah, good times, good times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Maestro - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Alas I remember the words "Omg a level 70" ah yes...
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Remember when there were three servers? b:chuckle Ah, good times, good times.

I do miss the old days... To think the only balance issue this game used to have was Nix...
  • Maestro - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    Hell I remember when their was no nixes ._. Balance issues ranged from who spent $15 to get charm packs to who had the epic fast 2.0 Mounts (Epic rich if upgraded)
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Hell I remember when their was no nixes ._. Balance issues ranged from who spent $15 to get charm packs to who had the epic fast 2.0 Mounts (Epic rich if upgraded)

And of course, the "WHY IS 1 DOLLAR 1 GOLD HERE" QQ threads.

I remember someone saying as the game FIRST came out, "It takes an hour for things to be sent from player to player. But don't worry...this is an American game, Americans don't have patience so they'll take it out."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    I missed that by a month (and anniversary mounts as well). Lenghty discussion about wether FR was bugged or not were all the rage in forums when i joined.

Edit; In all fairness they took the grinding out which was something people also complained about. Never thought i'd actually miss that...
  • Maestro - Raging Tide
    edited March 2010
    I remember having this set in my 50s of heavy armor all decked out in average citrines and feeling like the second comming because of how well geared I suddenly was ;p
  • Dosinn - Dreamweaver
    Dosinn - Dreamweaver Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    To whoever necroed this thread: yer an idiot. b:laugh

But as for reminicing, remember 100k gold? Only having 3 servers? When grinding the coin for a Herc/Nix was possible? Ah, good times, good times.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Reminds me of back when widgets were overpriced and people raged about it on the forums til it got changed.

Or the times where if you saw ANYONE with a TT weapon all you could really do is sit back in awe of their insanely high level. Plus way back when West Archo was always swarming with people and the only way to get any of your quests there done in a reasonable amount of time was to squad up..... which reminds me of the time when the streets of Archo were almost completely free of catshops and everyone could run through it with all their settings maxed out.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Ew.
    Necro'ed thread.
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    necro :Ob:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?