Poll:Permabans from bugging bosses?

Options
2»

Comments

• Chiraz - Heavens Tear
    Chiraz - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I'm aware they don't care, I reported a botter (used some kind of a program to control multiple characters and was running in a circle killing mobs with them)

Just because two froends succeed in coordinating their actions better then you and your friends doesn't automatically make them a bot-team. It's not that hard to follow a plan.
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Just because two froends succeed in coordinating their actions better then you and your friends doesn't automatically make them a bot-team. It's not that hard to follow a plan.

The thing she is talking about is synchronous attacking and moving,which isnt humanly possible in any way.

I have two comps at home, you cant attack synchronously without using a bot. There's always a minor delay before the comps even show what they do. Even if pressing buttons at exactly same time and holding two comps next to each other, you cant keep continuous synchronous attack without a millisecond delay up.

Two people from different comps cant do this, two friends at same room with different comps cant do it, only a bot-program can keep it up.

Go watch the botters, it has nothing to do about teamwork. This cannot be done without 3rd party program and its plain easy to see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Chiraz - Heavens Tear
    Chiraz - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It could be a bot, off course, but the problem with banning is that it's also rather possible that they were just working well together and when banning such a team you would be banning people for being skilled.

Ever seen a spike in Guild Wars? If you take a look at other (high end) multiplayer PvP games you'll see how well synchronized people can play with only tools like Ventrillo or Teamspeak. Perhaps the GM saw more of them then you did, I imagine they can get more precise data then what we see on screen. Or maybe he just whispered them both?
  • thom
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It could be a bot, off course, but the problem with banning is that it's also rather possible that they were just working well together and when banning such a team you would be banning people for being skilled.

Ever seen a spike in Guild Wars? If you take a look at other (high end) multiplayer PvP games you'll see how well synchronized people can play with only tools like Ventrillo or Teamspeak. Perhaps the GM saw more of them then you did, I imagine they can get more precise data then what we see on screen. Or maybe he just whispered them both?

Yeah, i know people can play well together, i play with my wife and she sits next to me on her comp.

I think you havent seen these botters then. Their actions are constantly synchronous down to milliseconds,which is impossible to achieve even if playing right next to each other, negating the minor delay it has when talking through Vent for example. This just cant be done even with several comps without a 3rd party program.

For example, every human selects new target with their own speed,making allready more differences than just the delay from transmitting info to the server and back to the player client.
    Even using assist attack cant achieve this exact down to milliseconds synchronous activity constantly, hours after hours.

You need a computer to synch all those clients. Probably they are even multiboxed on single machine with one bot running different accounts in different windows.

A program can send the attack command simultaneously to all the clients, a human can not.

When you see these,you will understand if i havent explained it well enough.

These synchronous parties are quite plainly only bots and nothing more. Thats why they can be permabanned when caught at first attempt,because there shouldnt be any confusions to normal players.

Going bit off topic, but thats the same reason why bugging bosses and other bug exploits should be dealt with a more harsh manner, compared to the zero enforcing of rules at the moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I only started to play this game about 10 days ago now. Am lvl 30 now though have been stuck on 30 for a while now waiting for factionmembers to catch up. We came to this game as a group we had played another game before and opened a faction for us. We try to stick together and help each other out through that we don't really spend much time with other people. This is actually the first time I heard that you have to totally empty the FB dungeons.:o And I have done the FB19 and 29 a couple times now for myself as well as helping the members of my faction. I honestly had no idea that it was a bug we just killed what we needed to get to the boss. I just hope we won't get banned for it.:( Will make sure my factions members are aware of it from now though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I only started to play this game about 10 days ago now. Am lvl 30 now though have been stuck on 30 for a while now waiting for factionmembers to catch up. We came to this game as a group we had played another game before and opened a faction for us. We try to stick together and help each other out through that we don't really spend much time with other people. This is actually the first time I heard that you have to totally empty the FB dungeons.:o And I have done the FB19 and 29 a couple times now for myself as well as helping the members of my faction. I honestly had no idea that it was a bug we just killed what we needed to get to the boss. I just hope we won't get banned for it.:( Will make sure my factions members are aware of it from now though.

I doubt very seriously you will get banned dont worry. This is why GMs give warnings and why they should give warnings first.

And just to clarify you dont have to clear the entire FB when you do FBs. What they are referring to is a bug where you can skip half of the FB, and pull the boss through a closed door at the end. And this is only on FB 29. To my knowledge there are no bugs for fb19 or any of the other FBs besides 29. They do try to make it sound like in this thread that is explotation going on 24/7 in every aspect of the game and thats just not the case. In truth its like one FB you can bug a boss through the door, and one boss around lvl 45ish you can bug with a flying pet. Other than that and your typical botters/macros, There is no great explotation of the game going on. There is no Bug or cheater crisis. Just some people making a mountain out of a molehill.

You can do FBs the "legal" way and not clear them so dont worry chances are you and your guild members are doing nothing wrong and the majority of the gameing population is not doing anything wrong either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Fina - Heavens Tear
    Fina - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    A bug is a bug.

The TOS are the TOS.

It's banable. If it wasn't the TOS wouldn't say that exploiting bugs and glitches was illegal.

Since it does...and bugging Gouf or any other boss is exploiting a glitch/bug, then it's banable.

But what matters is whether the GMs actually do anything about it.
    I read the forums when bored at work for the lulz.
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    >.> if they wanna stop the bug, they should fix it...... Perma bans won't fix it~ :|

"they can't even fix the easiest problem in the game, so how can they fix a single bug?

"too bad I can't use that bug, I'm an archer"
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I doubt very seriously you will get banned dont worry. This is why GMs give warnings and why they should give warnings first.

And just to clarify you dont have to clear the entire FB when you do FBs. What they are referring to is a bug where you can skip half of the FB, and pull the boss through a closed door at the end. And this is only on FB 29. To my knowledge there are no bugs for fb19 or any of the other FBs besides 29. They do try to make it sound like in this thread that is explotation going on 24/7 in every aspect of the game and thats just not the case. In truth its like one FB you can bug a boss through the door, and one boss around lvl 45ish you can bug with a flying pet. Other than that and your typical botters/macros, There is no great explotation of the game going on. There is no Bug or cheater crisis. Just some people making a mountain out of a molehill.

You can do FBs the "legal" way and not clear them so dont worry chances are you and your guild members are doing nothing wrong and the majority of the gameing population is not doing anything wrong either.

Thank you!:) That does clear it up for me. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tara - Lost City
    Tara - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Personally think we'd be better off leaving the bugs in and getting Rage Quit banned for Greifing people 24/7 thats all they do and they even admit too it
  • thom
    edited September 2008
    Options

There is also a bug possible to do on one of holy hall bosses to kill it for free without any danger... As i have said few times allready, its not just these few minor one's that are exploited.

Those are just the best examples to use and show how people are exploiting them every chance they get.

Have you ever seen where games fall when GM's dont do their jobs? Go see My-En servers, i'm pretty sure nobody wants that here. Or check silkroad, or some other game where GM's snoozed off and didnt enforce their rules.

Once again you also forget the ToS, which clearly states these are exploits and therefore bannable.

To all:

This is a great game and all i'm asking is even playing field for everyone. Yeah i could use those bugs too, i just wont because i like the challenge and i rather play as its meant to be.

This is a worried call from a veteran player who knows how bad things go from just minor exploits like these if GM's let them pass.

Best would be to fix these,but while waiting, permaban the offenders.

Reason why permabans is this,since it seems that needs some explaining too, though i explained it once or twice allready in this thread,: Warning doesnt prevent anything, it wont stop people using any bug when they only get a warning. It is highly inefficient way to control cheaters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • thom
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Personally think we'd be better off leaving the bugs in and getting Rage Quit banned for Greifing people 24/7 thats all they do and they even admit too it

You cant get anyone banned for that and its pvp-server. Only way constant pking would fall into griefing category,would be for someone to kill you,one and single character, 24/7 and nothing but you,constantly following you around and thus preventing all play from you.

Even then, i would think GM's wont do a thing. Needs to be really serious griefing untill it fills the definition.

But this is off topic, this is about exploiting bugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    thom wrote: »
    There is also a bug possible to do on one of holy hall bosses to kill it for free without any danger... As i have said few times allready, its not just these few minor one's that are exploited.

Those are just the best examples to use and show how people are exploiting them every chance they get.

Have you ever seen where games fall when GM's dont do their jobs? Go see My-En servers, i'm pretty sure nobody wants that here. Or check silkroad, or some other game where GM's snoozed off and didnt enforce their rules.

Once again you also forget the ToS, which clearly states these are exploits and therefore bannable.

To all:

This is a great game and all i'm asking is even playing field for everyone. Yeah i could use those bugs too, i just wont because i like the challenge and i rather play as its meant to be.

This is a worried call from a veteran player who knows how bad things go from just minor exploits like these if GM's let them pass.

Best would be to fix these,but while waiting, permaban the offenders.

Reason why permabans is this,since it seems that needs some explaining too, though i explained it once or twice allready in this thread,: Warning doesnt prevent anything, it wont stop people using any bug when they only get a warning. It is highly inefficient way to control cheaters.

Well the only exploits I knew about was the fb 29 and gouf, but now see you are telling more people about more of them. As I said the average player doesnt know about the bugs and exploits and arent using them, If they would by some chance do it, it wouldnt be on purpose most of the time.

You act like the game is exploited 24/7 by everyone who plays it and thats just not the case. I honestly dont know anyone in the game right now or in my guild who has used any of the exploits mentioned. I have yet to come across anyone in the game while im out question/helping/etc or is using one. Relatively the problem is VERY small and only a select group of people are actually doing it.

So once again yes your making a mountain out of a molehill. And just so you know I have a lvl 81 EP named Catica on PW EN, Im the guild leader of Entourage on the Oracle server. I have NO PROBLEMS with the GM or customer support of PW MY. The ONLY reason I came to this version was the PVE server. If PW MY opens a PVE server I would go straight back there and never look back at this version.

This isnt my first MMORPG, I actually worked as a GM(Game Management not Guild Leader) for a MMORPG called Astonia. I know exactly what the GMS have to do and deal with. And these minor exploits are not as big of an issue as you think. Come off the witch hunt, let other players have their opinions, once again this is supposed to be a poll, and stop throwing up the TOS in every other post.

This thread isnt called do you know the TOS is called should you be permabanned for bugging bosses. So it doesnt matter what in the heck the TOS says. You are asking peoples opinions, so what the TOS says is irrelevent to someones OPINION.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • thom
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Well the only exploits I knew about was the fb 29 and gouf, but now see you are telling more people about more of them. As I said the average player doesnt know about the bugs and exploits and arent using them, If they would by some chance do it, it wouldnt be on purpose most of the time.

You act like the game is exploited 24/7 by everyone who plays it and thats just not the case. I honestly dont know anyone in the game right now or in my guild who has used any of the exploits mentioned. I have yet to come across anyone in the game while im out question/helping/etc or is using one. Relatively the problem is VERY small and only a select group of people are actually doing it.

So once again yes your making a mountain out of a molehill. And just so you know I have a lvl 81 EP named Catica on PW EN, Im the guild leader of Entourage on the Oracle server. I have NO PROBLEMS with the GM or customer support of PW MY. The ONLY reason I came to this version was the PVE server. If PW MY opens a PVE server I would go straight back there and never look back at this version.

This isnt my first MMORPG, I actually worked as a GM(Game Management not Guild Leader) for a MMORPG called Astonia. I know exactly what the GMS have to do and deal with. And these minor exploits are not as big of an issue as you think. Come off the witch hunt, let other players have their opinions, once again this is supposed to be a poll, and stop throwing up the TOS in every other post.

This thread isnt called do you know the TOS is called should you be permabanned for bugging bosses. So it doesnt matter what in the heck the TOS says. You are asking peoples opinions, so what the TOS says is irrelevent to someones OPINION.

I havent said its being done massively. I'm saying where it leads to if rules arent enforced hard enough. My apologies if that wasnt clear enough,thought i explained it.

I agree though, maybe week ban on first attempt and perma on second would be better, that way those few who would do it in accident can still get back and will surely remember not to do it again.

Yes, this isnt about ToS, thats just the first place to point people who dont know about rules this game has,when they say its not written anywhere or isnt against rules. I'm just wanting to make that clear to everyone since most skip that one.

I'm not telling about all bugs because i dont want to promote using them or make people even know about all of them.

Gm's however, should know of them all and make them known to everyone while announcing the penalties for exploiting them. Or at least announcing clear penalties for exploiting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • Liukang - Lost City
    Liukang - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    blad blad blad...too much reading...blad blad blad...go and play the game...stop all the posting...blab blad blad blab blab....hohohohohohohohohohohohohohhhoohoo

Santa is in town!!!!!
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    This bug exist since the game was launched a few years ago. I't not something that was discovered last week. It's going back to the time when the game was only available in China damn it!

If the devs are too lazy to fix it after so long a time, maybe it means they absolutely don't care about it?

And if the devs don't care about fixing it, then why should not the players be allowed to use it.

By the way, those bugs works both ways sometimes. Yes we can pull mobs/bosses through doors, but mobs and bosses can also aggro us though doors and walls....

Go in HH, clean the first few mobs and go stand next to the door closing the way to the Lord of Percussion area. One of those fire mobs will happily attack you through the door. BAN THAT MOB FOR BUG ABUSING! b:angry b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • thom
    edited October 2008
    Options
    True, this bug has been in game since it started and yet Dev's havent fixed it.

Thats why GM's should make it clear how they think about exploiting this bug.

Be it either go ahead and do it or ban's for doing it.
    Not this useless "we warn them"-****.

Been running past gouf now several days and all parties i saw, were bugging it.
    Every single one. So the warnings arent working.

And these arent doing it in accident, very much on purpose.

So, could we have a GM's comment on this here on forums too, i got some answers through email but it would be better for all to see if GM's answered here.

P.S. To those who think it is impossible to kill these bosses without exploiting a bug, it isnt. We killed gouf with just a party of 3 49's. Barbarian, venomancer and cleric. We didnt bug it, like we dont bug any boss. Done same with khewy and viriddis now too. On the last 3 cult bosses at 49 we took a 4th mage to add some dmg and make it faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    thom wrote: »
    So, what do you think about the current penalties for exploiting a bug,specially bugging bosses like Gouf.

What do you think?

I think I don't know what exactly you are talking about, BUT the answer is always the same. Don't bother with punishments for exploiting bugs --- fix the bugs instead.
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Was in a party today who just had to do it. I was one of the venos in partys and higher so they wanted me to do it. I refused and warned them it is against the rules. They banned me in the end as "punishement" for refusing to exploit the bug. I had screenshots though and contacted a GM straight away ingame just as I warned them I would. Normally our party was strong enough to do it the right way and even if it had not been then we would never have managed to do Quinzi either. The partyleader contacted me in the end asking no begging me to return because they needed one more person able to do damage but I was already talking to the GM at that time. I either do quests the right way or not at all even if it is harder.
  • Tara - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Oh Really Banned for bugging bosses huh maybe it is a good idea check below

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2549/20081012011118gg2.png

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5431/20081012011637cp2.png

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/245/20081012011709xf7.png

Rage Quits latest Fun these are suppose to be safe areas but RQ pull Bosses into the towns to kill all and yep lose Exp....No GM presence happened at Tusk town as well...
  • Yukiko - Lost City
    Yukiko - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Oh Really Banned for bugging bosses huh maybe it is a good idea check below

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2549/20081012011118gg2.png

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5431/20081012011637cp2.png

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/245/20081012011709xf7.png

Rage Quits latest Fun these are suppose to be safe areas but RQ pull Bosses into the towns to kill all and yep lose Exp....No GM presence happened at Tusk town as well...

Congrats, your screenshots actually prove nothing. In the first two screenshots I do not see a single RQ member. Given the second and third screenshots seem to be of the same incident, and an RQ member only appears in the third shot, it seems as though you're trying to set the guild up.

Very, very sad.
  • Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
    Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Congrats, your screenshots actually prove nothing.QUOTE]

I think I beg to differ. While it cannot be said if a certain faction was present in the first picture, I have to point out that Ch'in should not be something one can lure into Archosaur. The second and third pictures may be of the same incident, but they show the same kind of technique, which is considered bug exploitation.

Forget WHO was responsible, it's that it happens. I've seen it on a smaller scale with Krixxix at Orchid Temple. Bosses should not be able to be lured into safe areas.

But if PW doesn't fix bugs, it's fighting an uphill battle as these tricks are circulated quite well on the interwebs! b:puzzled
    "Everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it." -Publius Syrius

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
    Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Here's my take.

First, if programmers have found a bug in other versions and they happen to show up in later ones, then it is the responsibility of the programmers to fix the bug. If they don't fix it, they they are pretty much opening the door for people who "cheat."

Second, I honestly believe that Gouf is overpowered for the quest it's in. With that in mind of another person, killing a monster no matter how is the only way it seems you can continue on with your quest. A lot of people believe in a philosophy of "it's not about how you win, it that you WIN." I'm not justifying the exploitation of the glitch, I'm just pointing out that it wouldn't be as exploited if the boss in question wasn't so... uberpowered.

And thirdly, I think it might be interesting to make monsters that can be fought in different combat methods. Most people might just see this glitch as a possible method. And after all the Sūn Zǐ Bīng Fǎ (Art of War) in Chapter 8: encourages a flexibility of tactics.

Keep the following in mind: 兵不厭詐。 All warfare is based on deception.
    "Everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it." -Publius Syrius

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    ...I've seen it on a smaller scale with Krixxix at Orchid Temple. Bosses should not be able to be lured into safe areas.

The last two actually look like they are taken at Orchid Temple. And yeah, bosses should loose aggro the moment they reach a safe zone. Perhaps the fact that they don't is an indication that it is intended like this, for laughs.

It easily occurs accidentally, especially when bosses are located so close to a safe zone, all it takes is a DoT spell, a failing team and an attempred escape to what was supposed to be a safe zone.
  • Tara - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Has anyone any where seen or heard of a person being banned for it ? at all?

So until people are actually banned for glitching these things lets go play the game with out stressing about it..

I'm damn sure if the GMs care at all they will fix it

Botting and Hacks are more worrying these need to be stamped to death fast. Without us gamers sending tickets to support when we see them they wont get stopped. So screenie and send people please thx...
    Congrats, your screenshots actually prove nothing. In the first two screenshots I do not see a single RQ member. Given the second and third screenshots seem to be of the same incident, and an RQ member only appears in the third shot, it seems as though you're trying to set the guild up.

Very, very sad.

Dunno if you've tried but its hard to get screenies exact we were watching in the air as the Rage quit Meatshield dragged the boss to those places sorry if the screenies are bad we have since started to use Frapps so keep up the good work Rage Quit we will get you banned soon..