lastknightmare Posts: 3 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
What's a good way to make money if you're a new player? :S
Post edited by lastknightmare on

Comments

• nightyne
    nightyne Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I am only new but there was a major fight at the village out from the lost city.....they were fighting level 20 wraiths or some such thing....I ran around collecting coins and equipment for maybe 20 minute....made about 10,000 all up.
    So if you you see a lot of high level peole fighting they probably wont stop to pick up the coin and equipment.
  • Kaenhime - Sanctuary
    Kaenhime - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Go outside of Etherblade and kill the Tortoises for Buddha's Hands. Merch them and you should be good if you keep on doing it without stopping. (shouldn't take long)
  • Scrydan - Heavens Tear
    Scrydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Sell HH mats.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Kill stuff, grab loot.

Most importantly, buy nothing. No armour, no weapons, no gems, no stones, no pets, no materials, don't teleport but fight your way to the next village and quest (== kill stuff-grab loot). Only make an exception for the pickaxe, jade from the merchant(!) when you start crafting and maybe potions if meditating gets on your nerves.

If you have the time to let your machine online, set up store to sell stuff. Set your prices somewhat lower then average, but higher (off course) then merchant prices. Collect materials that drop from critters you kill and sell them for a good price, higher level characters need them but they won't get the drops anymore because they are to high level. Keep in mind that running your PC does cost some extra rl-money, night is also the time when fewer buyers are available..
  • Wrathx - Heavens Tear
    Wrathx - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I personally think that one of the most important things is to pick up everything when you are killing mobs. I see soo many people going around killing stuff and they never pick up the drops or even the coins. They just leave free money all over the place. Anything can be sold to a merchant, blacksmith, whoever but you have to pick it up. When killing mobs, the little bits of coin you get eventually build up.
  • Klkcahboy - Sanctuary
    Klkcahboy - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    just do the quests. they really generate alot of income and make sure to pick up everything after killing.
    Avatar_Chi - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i made money by making a low lvl archer, getting it to lvl 4 or so, geting the first charm by doing the learn to fly quest, the going to Plume forest and faming for rugged fur, its not alot but you can make some money,

i made at least 10k in an 1hr, just takes some time to run and collect,
    also wut the others say is true, don't leave you coins on the ground, pick then up, its all good money in the end.
    (don't try this with any toon higher than 8, drop rate lowers as you lvl)
  • Kittychan - Heavens Tear
    Kittychan - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Sell the dq items that you pick up. Yes dq quests give you exp, but think of all the money you could have instead b:thanks