My first FB quest...I think...Help!

Morbida - Heavens Tear
Morbida - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
OK So Im pretty sure that I now have been assigned the infamous FB19 quest. I know that I am now level 19 and I went to the Elder and got this whole Call to Duty xenobeast tablet. I wasn't sure what to do with it so I chose another quest from him and it's at the same place as the other one and I am supposed to kill 8 molton chilipods and 8 molton chrysilis but I died as soon as i walked in the door of the firecrag grotto, like 3 times. So Ive looked around and I am guessing that the Call to Duty is the FB19 quest? But is the other quest tied in at all? Can I do it at the same time? Ive never even really been in a squad on here and this is my first MMORPG so I have no idea how this whole qroup quest thing works. So if any of you more experienced gamers could be of assistance I would greatly appriciate it :) And if this is the FB19 quest can people tell me what happens on an FB quest and what I should take with me (Im guessing ressurection scrolls are a good idea I heard ppl die at least once their first time). Just want to be prepared >_< so whoever I get to go with me doesnt want to kick me lol.
Post edited by Morbida - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• tirandril
    tirandril Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Fb are dungeons quest, so you need a squad to go in and stay alive :p

Some people help for this, see in the world channel.
    Tirandril - lvl 2X Archer -Heavens Tear
  • Angelle - Heavens Tear
    Angelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Your FB19 quest is your Call to Duty quest that you get from the elder.

In your inventory you should get a token/tablet that is called your Xenobeast Call to Duty quest. It's best to squad up for this type of thing because the monsters in there are like mini elites (can tell because of their slight fancy border around their name when you target them). When you enter the instance, the tabholder (in this case, you) will need to be squad leader in order to talk to the pillar inside...which is located at the beginning of the instance and also at the end of the instance near the boss (if you talk to pillar at beginning, you will have to be squad leader at all times). The monsters you have to kill (the molton things) are inside the instance. After you clear them and complete that part of the quest, your quest will next tell you that you need to kill the boss guy.

Anddd, res scrolls aren't really necessary if you have a cleric around. (;

Message me ingame and I have a friend and I that would be glad to take you in if you haven't yet. ^^x

//Hope I didn't spew too much information at once. xDD
    Former Leader of 卓越的 {Transcendent}
    -- DoIl - Venomancer - 6X

;D You can call me Minny.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The two quests are, indeed, related. The one that tells you to kill the Molton whatsits and then, but only then, kill the big boss is the one that is important for you. The second quest (the one where the Elder says you have a dangerous task, so gather a group) is the one that gives you the tablet. That tablet is there to let you reward other players for helping you do this quest. Angelle has described what you have to do to make that work. What it does for the other players is trigger a quest for them so they get extra experience and a special material when you finish the main quest. Even much higher level players are often willing to help with the quest because of this (and because the boss often drops extremely valuable goodies).

When I did my first one, like you I had never done a squad before. It was not fun because I ended up with people who did not understand I needed help with more than just killing monsters. The squad dynamic takes some getting used to. But, it is well worth doing, particularly in the dungeons. Working as a team is not only much more effective, it is a lot of fun too. Most of the friends I've made in game started as members of a squad.

You might want to get a handle on the squad mechanics by forming a squad outside the dungeon for a little while first. Or, you might just look for some patient players to help you through the whole thing. That would be best because then they could also explain what role everybody was to play and how to get through the whole thing with a minimum of healing/resurrection.

Good luck.
  • Vidalaire - Heavens Tear
    Vidalaire - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    On the bottom of the chat pane, there are buttons. The second from the right opens up a list of chat rooms. There are always squads willing to help on FB19 and 29. Just join any of the rooms with titles like FBhelpers, FBnineteen, etc. Ask them and you'll usually get a group of 40+ people to breeze through it.

You're lucky. I started playing when PW went open beta. When I hit 19, no one was around to help with the FBs. A bunch of lvl 20s has a hard time with FB19.
  • Morbida - Heavens Tear
    Morbida - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Thank you all so much for the info! Its left me feeling alot more informed about the whole FB thing. Hopefully I will find some squad people who are patient with a newbie lol. But I learn quick so I think I should do OK. And Angelle next time I sign on to do the quest Ill definatly try to get in touch with you about that offer for you to help me out. Thanks again ^_^
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    What it does for the other players is trigger a quest for them so they get extra experience and a special material when you finish the main quest. Even much higher level players are often willing to help with the quest because of this (and because the boss often drops extremely valuable goodies).

Is the "goodies" related to having a tablet quest active?

Because, basically, I kept all my tablets in the stash --- didn't know what to use them for, never made a party in these dungeons etc. Which means I still have the FB19 one --- but soloing is a piece of cake now (I most definitely have FB29 and 39 still available, since I still have a lot of quests for these... so right now I'm not evcen considering burning the tablets for these).

From what I'm reading, I should probably set up a whole party of lvl 1 chars for myself to reap the rewards for the "squad" members, but that's a different story and it's going to take some time since I don't have that many computers sitting around at home.

Still, the "extremely valuable goodies" --- is this for tablet quests only? Or just a matter of luck? 'Cause when I actually did kill the boss, I got nothing (except for a bit of gold, but just like potions and stuff this counts as "nothing" when it comes to bosses). I did like the staff reward, though --- at lvl 38, I was still able to kick out my ghost wand for it :-)
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Nepkom - Heavens Tear
    Nepkom - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Very useful post. Thanks.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The "valuable goodies" are special drops that happen whether the tablet is active or not. It is normal to get a couple of 3-star items and not unheard of to get a mold for crafting one of the even better objects. But, it is also not unheard of for the drop to be coins only. Item database websites report specific percentages for these drops. I don't know where they get those figures, but I have also seen a lot of speculation that the chance depends on the level of the squad (or the level of the person doing the most damage, or the person finishing off the boss, or whether the tablet holder finishes the boss). Stories of a high level soloing and getting nothing but coins lend credence to these beliefs. If the beliefs have any basis in the actual code, then perhaps the tablet also plays a role in determining the chance of these good drops. What is known, though, is that squad members will get extra experience (5K I think?) and a material (e.g., Xenobeast Blood for FB19) only if the tablet has been used.
  • braninya
    braninya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I finished my first fb19 yesterday. 3 blademasters and a cleric. I never did use my tablet, but we had 5 total 3* items drop, 3 2* items and a bunch of normal mob drops/ coins. I don't know about "extra" goodies, but that seems pretty good to me. If there's extra stuff to get though, sign me up. I love doing boss kills.