Archer Mana Issue

Ihayami - Sanctuary
Ihayami - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Archer
Hi. Im playing a pure DEX Archer with 4DEX and 1STR per level. At my stage, I find life isn't a big issue with the nice evasion and the high damage. However, I find that the mana cost from using my skills are quite a pain. How do I cover up for the mana? Do I just mass buy mana potions? Replys would be appreciated.
Post edited by Ihayami - Sanctuary on

Comments

• xynos
    xynos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I playing archer and have the same issue. Meditating is to slow for me so i use alot of potions. Is there any mana-regen items?
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Abuse your wing barrier skill (not sure what it's called). As long as you don't get hit too much while it's on, you'll get more mana back than it cost to use the skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ihayami - Sanctuary
    Ihayami - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well yeah I noticed that Winged Shell heals fair amount of mana. However, it requires 45 chi and I generally need to save up chi for Frost Arrow =/
  • Celebren - Heavens Tear
    Celebren - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i'm also always low on mana. mana costs for skill are horrible high on higher lvls and after quickshot, frostbow and 3rd skill I'm most times less then half of my MPs. So a 4th. skill like knockback or another to kill mob and i have to medi 5 mins till i can kill 2nd / next mob.

maybe mana costs could be a bit lowerder overall skills - would be nice
    justice might be blind - but i also see in darkness
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    Pyreon - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Have a buddy cleric to buff you every hour or so, lol.

But seriously, you can make item at the apothecary that give almost
    the same buff as a cleric, and if you want to sacrifice speed, you can
    always use your ugly brown wings when you get them at lvl 30.

You can of course buy cash shop wings as well,and become affordable post 45-50.
    Trust me, you do start to make money, not veno money, but money nonetheless.
    I had a max of 8k till i hit 45 or so, but now I do have money, but spend it on skills.

Also, don't use the most expensive mana points you can use, being that we have no
    INT/MAG stats, it doesn't take the biggest mana pot to regenerate it, same goes
    with health pots.

There is also a mold you can get to make a charm that gives mana regen +3,
    which nullifies the loosing of mana whilst airborne. It is fairly cheap at only 10
    bronze dragon order, that you will get starting at 21andget every ten levels.

In regards to your build, I was a pure dex archer on Delphi (my-en),and with pk
    it is honestly the bees knees, because pk is basically who hunts who,
    one hit either way.

However, I did restat when I got tired of getting killed by mobs or bosses with aoes.

I strongly recommend putting in some VIT. Min Dex and STR, and the rest in VIT,
    and if that isn't good enough for you, you can split the "extra" between dex and vit,
    making somewhat of a hybrid/hybrid. But, believe me, you will get your **** kicked
    in every fb, every boss, miniboss, and many mobs if you don't add vit.

Even then, HP+ and P.def/P.att stones are still needed.

Good luck with your archers, and enjoy being the most badass class. b:cool
  • doommaker
    doommaker Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    could you please explain in a more detailed fashion, how to get the mana regen charm?
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    doommaker wrote: »
    could you please explain in a more detailed fashion, how to get the mana regen charm?

You get it by buying it off other players or directly from the Boutique.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doommaker
    edited October 2008
    hmm how much would it cost off a player?
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    doommaker wrote: »
    hmm how much would it cost off a player?

1g = 100k approx.

So a silver charm costs in between 200-250k
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zolaren - Sanctuary
    Zolaren - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I was having this problem too, and the solution in my case was to just stop relying so heavily on skills!

There's really nothing wrong with an Archer's normal attack - it still does decent damage. Generally I'll use a skill for the initial hit, but then just let it attack normally (+ Blazing Arrow). It does require backing up when the mob reaches you, but that actually makes the game more interesting ;)

Don't know how well that strategy will work as I get to higher levels (currently 16), but it's working quite well right now. I'm also working on my Apothocary skill - once I get it to lvl 2 I can start making that pot that gives +50 MP/s for 10 minutes ...
  • doommaker
    edited October 2008
    1g = 100k approx.

So a silver charm costs in between 200-250k

Wow... that's big money for me right now...
    Is there anyway to create those? a quest? anything...?
    Or are there other ways, a noob can fly around freely, without being a cleric and without pawning his home?
  • Zolaren - Sanctuary
    Zolaren - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Actually, the cash shop one doesn't increase regen - it's like the one you get as a quest reward from the Elder. If your MP drops below 75%, it replenishes it - but it only replenishes so much before it's used up.

The one made from a mold I don't know anything about ...
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Wait! No Nevermore, I wasn't talking about the bronze/silver/gold charms that only give you mana when yours dips halfway.

When you do your Dragon Quests, you will get, when completed a Bronze Dragon Order, and after you have gotten 10 of then you can trade with the man standing beside the Dragon Emissary, for the mold called "Bones of the Dead", however, if you don't mind being slow, you will get your brown wings at level 30, which will not drain your mana.

I have Bones of the Dead, because I don't want to sacrafice the speed of the white wings.
  • Pyreon - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    For Zolaren, yes our skills drain our mana almost instanly, specially since we dont add any INT points, however, this does go in bouts, it gets easier progressively as you level, and by lvl 60 our physical attack and critical hit rate can pwn anything before it gets half way to us, as our p.def and m.def catch up.

Just hang in there, archers are harder than most class up to 50 or so, but have a great payoff, and imo have you best end game of any class, although closely rivaled by the wizard.

In My-en, my archer didn't start feeling worth a **** till about level 40, and I didn't start feeling completely safe till 60, but after 65-70, I was pretty ****ing confident, and after 80, invincible.....as long as I hit first.

In PvP between the two, it is pretty much who one hits the other one first.

Good luck, both of you.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    alternate attacks between winged shell 1 mob and a good attack skill on 2nd mob,
    winged shell gives back about 150% of its cost in mana, AND absorbs damage so it works well :]
  • Archaus - Heavens Tear
    Archaus - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Mana Charms kick **** ! :) Got one from a Friend and its Godlike :D nn restingtime <3 b:victory
  • Wrathx - Heavens Tear
    Wrathx - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The thing you guys are referring to that you can make using your Apoth skill is Focus Powder. You need to have leveled your Apoth skill to level 2 before you can make it though. It takes 15 Crane and 10 Salvia to make 5 of them. Focus Powder and Life Powder are my two favorite things to make right now. The life powder adds the HP while the Focus Powder adds the MP. Life powder can be made at the level 1 Apoth skill, you need 15 Nectar and 10 Golden Herb to make 5.
  • Deatharcher - Heavens Tear
    Deatharcher - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    lets jsut say that example get some mp/recover for your hat cape rings etc

if u get a cleric and some pots to cover over the time with a decent bow and resting time to time i dont really tink of mana as a prob of mine ^^