What Were You Thinking: Battle for Deity Shirt

Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Suggestion Box
Okay, I undertook the Battle for Deity Shirt quest. The first leg is kill Tauroc Commander and collect Heavenwear Fragments (15) . It sounds seasy, but well.. okay the monsters are level 51.

Well.. okay.. a little tricky.

I'm a cleric.

Okay.. gotta go ranged and have a party. b:sad

Mob only drops at Heavenware Fragment for the person who deals the killing blow.

Okay.. this is annoying. b:cry

Mob does not drop consistently.

What were you thinking on this quest???? b:angry

My suggestion is that you either increase the drop rate for the quest item, or for goodness sakes, get rid of this killing blow requirement to have the possibility to get a Heavenwear Fragment. It's sorta hard for a party all needing to do this quest to try to time attacks, avoid the other aggros, and not die. And I don't think you should dumb them down. That'd be somewhat silly. I just wish you might fix the issue one way or another. Either increase the drop rate to about 50% or keep the drop rate at about 20% and allow everyone in a party to get the quest item, regardless of who dealt the last blow.

Update:
At lv 51 I was able to do this on my own. However, I am still soemwhat surprised that high level monsters were in a quest for a much lower level character.
"Everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it." -Publius Syrius

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• /haiku/ - Lost City
    /haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    If you're stuck soloing, try kiting them with Cyclone or wait a few levels. :P

Personally, what I did was have my BM friend hit first and stun so I didn't have to kite or tank too many hits. I tried doing it in a squad with him and doing the most damage to it & getting the last hit, but I didn't get any of the quest item that way. After we started doing it out of squad though, it worked fine albeit the droprate was probably about 20%-25%.
    /Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
    No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
  • Dreeah - Sanctuary
    Dreeah - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Where is this mob at?
  • Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear
    Wotsmaleus - Heavens Tear Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The mob can be found at Rook's Valley.
    "Everything is worth what the purchaser will pay for it." -Publius Syrius

"If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

"The Bible is a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish, no interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this." -Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xtonyx - Heavens Tear
    Xtonyx - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    yea i feel for you there man also as a cleric i had troubles as well, they were hard to kill at the lvl u got the quest. It ate up my mana killing one and i barley got any frags collected, i had like 2/15 after 10 of them XD. I would've just suggested to save it for later as i did
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~sig by Saitada, a total badass b:laugh
  • Stonesmagi - Lost City
    Stonesmagi - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    If you're stuck soloing, try kiting them with Cyclone or wait a few levels. :P

That's what I did, lv 46 cleric. First hit, Wield Thunder followed by Great Cyclone, running away and kiting, hitting cyclone over & over til they drop. 7 steps, hit, 7 steps hit, etc. Most of the time I didn't even face the mob, I ran forward away. It took a long time because I had to kill about 50 or 60, but the only time I took hits was when I got sloppy or aggroed nearby mobs. This worked even for the extra life ones, they just took more hits. They kite nicely b:laugh