gather material?

Crazy_vixen - Sanctuary
Crazy_vixen - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
edited October 2008 in The Crafting Nook
Hi,

I have a small problem. I got to lvl2 crafting skill but cannot gather some of the material required (gravel etc) am lvl19. Did I miss something or how can I get the next herbs and metals?

Thanks in advance
about Pure Wizzards:
1. You like having more than 1 element (elements are like women after all?)
2. You like seeing big numbers when hitting things. (Or getting hit)
3. You think you are gutsy but actually just too plain stupid to pick something easy.

But... 4. You're definitely in it for the endgame.
Post edited by Crazy_vixen - Sanctuary on

Comments

• turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    There is an association between questing level and crafting material level, they'd turn up in the area's you'd normally visit when you level up. Gravel is not as abundant as some other materials though.
  • Crazy_vixen - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    the question was not where to find them or whether they were aboundant or not as I know where to find them but why I cannot gather/collect them?

Auntie Edit says: Never mind, found out by myself while browsing in the internet.
    Different items are available for gathering at different player lvls: say at lvl 1, 20, 40, 60, 80 more materials get available
    about Pure Wizzards:
    3. You think you are gutsy but actually just too plain stupid to pick something easy.

• turtlewax
    edited October 2008
    Sorry, but you weren't clear in your question then, when you try to harvest a resource that is not on your level you get a relevant message in the chat window.
  • Crazy_vixen - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    you get a relevant message in the chat window.

in fact not. You only get:
    Your skill is not high enough.

Which is wrong in this case as it is the Char's lvl which is not high enough and not the skill
    about Pure Wizzards:

• turtlewax
    edited October 2008
    What skill? There is no skill for harvesting, so char level would have been the next interpretation for that message, I found the meaning of the message obvious enough to not consider that in evaluating your question.
  • Azazuul - Sanctuary
    Azazuul - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Actually there are restictions to harvesting. I have been going through that too, it says invalid skill level. My veno is 16 but her apothacary is level 2 and I can't harvest anything for it until 20. That stinks but i guess they don't want a bunch of level 1 toons crafting level 60 weapons. Sigh, I figured I could make some serious coin prior to leveling to avoid being gimped due to lack of money.
  • turtlewax
    edited October 2008
    Maybe you can. Higher level characters looking to start crafting will find that mobs don't drop materials as easily as they once did, but still do for you. Collect crafting materials and sell them, setup your player shop or look around for shops buying them.