Can someone help me with this question on Weapons & Armor

Mrclean - Lost City
Mrclean - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
Ok , I wanna Build my Character that Uses Dual Swords to it's fullest .

Here's my question . Is it better to use Light Armor on a Human Fighter using
Dual swords so I can better use my DEX points & not use so many STR points ?

Or Stick with Heavy Armor that uses More STR so I have less DEX points to use ?

Basicially I wanna make a Fast Damage Dealer example (Bladedancer like in L2) vrs Slow Damage & and able to take lots of damage like a Tank .

Maybe I should use Light Armor with fist & claw type weapons or maybe I'm just confused :p

Any help will be appreciated , thanks for you advice in advance :)
Post edited by Mrclean - Lost City on

Comments

• Klkcahboy - Sanctuary
    Klkcahboy - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i'm not too sure bout this but from what i know, dex does not increase attack speed. it just increases accuracy n evasion and the attack speed seems to be determined solely by the weapon.
  • aoffoamy
    aoffoamy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hmm. I know a decent dual-blade blademaster build. I tried it out and it was really good.

Heres the build: Every 2 levels: Put 5 to strength, 3 to vitality, and 2 to dexterity.
    So at level 2 put all 5 to strength, at level 3 put 3 vit, 2 dex, and then just remember, on even levels put strength, on odd levels put 3 vit 2 dex. This should let you use heavy armor, give you enough strength to use your weapons, give you some hp so you dont die, and let you have enough dexterity that you dont miss more often than you hit.

So, the best way I've found for dual-blade Bm's is Heavy Armor and Dual Blades, with that build. Cause Robes and Light Armor don't affect your attack speed. Nor does Dexterity. Attack speed is determined by the weapon alone. So try that out, it should work just fine.

Hope that answers your question.
  • darkshadz
    darkshadz Posts: 3
    edited October 2008
    Here's a guide for dual blade blademasters: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=82062