Venomancer: High DPS?

Options
zinnth
zinnth Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Venomancer
Hmm trying to decide my first class to play...I started off with a Venomancer, but I really want a class that has a high survivability rate and can deal out some wicked damage.

So, my question: Can Venomancers do pretty good damage in Werefox form? Or should I go with an Archer or Blademaster? o.O
Post edited by zinnth on

Comments

• rsm
    rsm Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Venomancers kill really fast, i dont know about DPS but we kill fast and have very high survivabilty(let your pet tank)

Archer cranks out bigger damage, but less survivabilty IMHO

Blademasters are in my opinion the second best class in the game.. they have wicked damage, killer AoE's and heavy armor and decent HP..
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    My veno does 3k per hit easy, just recently I pulled off a 14k crit. Yeah they hit hard.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i can survive more easy as archer becouse of def shield, with veno i died like 10 times in a day and with archer 1-2 times
    and blademasters can survive more easy than veno and archer
  • zinnth
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Ah I see
    I play a different MMORPG (World of Warcraft >>) and Veno's seem like a Warlock type to me...xD

I play a hunter which is kind of a cross between the Veno & Archer class's. So im not quite sure if I want to get myself into another pet-based class

Im really interested in doing more raw hard hitting damage rather than spell...
    and from what i've seen, Veno's are more spell based :/ Except in Werefox form im guessing?
  • zinnth
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Oh and Archer's have that flying thing that seems to help in survivability
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Every char gets to fly at lvl 30 and if a veno dies more then a few times before getting around that level then the player is doing something wrong tactically.

They say spells hit hardest, so if you're looking for raw DPS a wizard is the way to go, maybe veno or archer. Venos have the best cards for the solo parts, though, a high armoured pet as frontline character, keeping the damage away from you, high damage spells to kill them fast.