Help! :(

midnightangel
midnightangel Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Support Desk
See I cant log in and alot of ppl told me 2 check the port if its 29000 or not but how do i kno that? Where do i go 2 check the port?
Post edited by midnightangel on

Comments

• Charyasha - Sanctuary
    Charyasha - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i dont know eather but try to check safe login when u login
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ).........(\_
    ((______/{"-;
    )).-' {{ ;'`
    ( (. ;._ \\........May the Clan Guardian Run With You Always......... - coad books
  • Vasant - Sanctuary
    Vasant - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Usually you can open / allow the port threw windows firewall or your router.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308127 - Windows firewall
    If your using linksys you can access the router control panel threw http://192.168.1.1
  • midnightangel
    edited October 2008
    Did it work with you wen u checked in the Safe Log? Bc it didnt work on my comp...it says unable 2 connect to server >.>
    Is it just my computer or the game?
  • midnightangel
    edited October 2008
    Usually you can open / allow the port threw windows firewall or your router.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308127 - Windows firewall
    If your using linksys you can access the router control panel threw http://192.168.1.1

Thx but do u hav the one 4 window vista?
  • Vasant - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    Did it work with you wen u checked in the Safe Log? Bc it didnt work on my comp...it says unable 2 connect to server >.>
    Is it just my computer or the game?

It could just be some software like Norton Anti virus or any other Anti Virus program you might have or just simply your router / firewalls.
  • midnightangel
    edited October 2008
    :O the Norton thingie is scannin, do u think thats y i cant log in?
  • crystyl
    crystyl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Before you start checking and changing things at random think about what might have changed since you last "could" login. Have you installed or uninstalled something? Have you changed a setting in some network related software? Has you Antivirus/firewall software been set back to "defaults"? Were you trying to login in when the servers were down? (Don't laugh! it happens!)
    "pay to WIN"? Ok you win! now go away and let the rest of us "Play in Peace" without your whining!
  • Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear
    Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Not that I kno of...Well the Norto Security detected a problem but now I got that fixed and I tried to turn the Firewall back on then try 2 log in, didnt work, turned it off, didnt work either...
    Do u think the servers are down rite now? Im in East Coast of US. Thx 4 the suggestions!
  • Vasant - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    I'm in the East Coast as well and I don't have problems connecting to the game servers.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The servers are currently up. Please download and install nmap. Go to C:\Program Files\Nmap\zenmap\zenmap.exe, double-click that file, and in the resulting window, type in the command "nmap -p29000 -PN pwigc3.perfectworld.com", click scan, and wait til you see the word "unknown" pop up, and tell us what results you get..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    I download n installed it already but where is C:\Program Files\Nmap\zenmap\zenmap.exe?
    Sry 4 keep botherin you...
    edited October 2008
    I have this Norton Security thing so I opened it n find sumthin that talks about perfectworld. I found 1 that says Element Client n I clicked on that and on the traffic description it says Outbound TCP, 29000 and also said that elementclient was allowed to communicate with
    pwig2.perfectworkd.com. Is that a good thing? And the status is Protected 2..
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    To get to C:\Program Files\Nmap\zenmap\zenmap.exe, open up a My Computer window, and put C:\Program Files\Nmap\zenmap\ into the address bar. Look for a file called zenmap.exe, and click it twice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2008
    Ok this is all i got after i clicked Scan
    'nmap' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.
    b:sad
This discussion has been closed.