What's wrong with people ?????

booky08
booky08 Posts: 26 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Twilight Temple (West)
Ok ..I hate to start a "banter" post but this is getting nuts....

I was in Hidden Orchid this morning doing my 3 quest of 50 kills each on the Tuskmoors, Dryads and the Sentries.....This player comes up right next to me and starts ganking all the mobs in my area and when I asked him to stop he foul mouths me and calls me a "noob"

I realize this is a long quest to do but the Dryads and Sentries and Tuskmoors are ALL OVER the Hidden Orchid...there was no reason for this player to act so immature....

On top of this ....I was in Archosaur also this weekend exchanging a pet egg for another and this Level 20 player starts screaming in chat because he wanted to know where the guild organizeer is .....I didn't even have common chat open nor would I have answered him based on his childish behavior but I was nice enough to show him how to use the Coordinator Assistance to locate NPC's.....

What is wrong with people on this server.........Can we please have some professional courtsey for the other players around us ?????

/rant off
Post edited by booky08 on

Comments

• Draakin - Sanctuary
    Draakin - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    over 75% of the people who play this game are under the age of 14. Combined with the screen of anonymity the internet offers, THAT'S the problem. I bet almost none of these people would act like the way you just described if we had easy access to their personal information ;)
    My posts kill topics :D
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    There are going to be immature kids and adults wherever you go. Asking for "professional courtesy" could be tough for some people. Not everyone was taught these skills. Not saying it's an excuse for this behavior, it's just how life is for some people.

When things like that happen, I just move to another area. Don't want a few ill-mannered people to ruin my fun b:victory
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Usually when I play I try to lead by example. I like to help others and avoid kill stealing whenever possible hoping that by showing them what it means to be nice to others they will slowly learn. This is the point where everone is going to laugh at me and call me a naive idiot because I'm not an agnostic. I believe people can learn if you take the time to teach them but don't expect to rewrite basic human nature.
  • Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    or you could just do what i do about people like that and ignore them. granted that tends to be hard if they are presistant but heck most people who are like that arent really amonst the level to fly and im a winged elf so its easy to get away from them XP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mujin
    mujin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    booky08 wrote: »

I was in Hidden Orchid this morning doing my 3 quest of 50 kills each on the Tuskmoors, Dryads and the Sentries.....This player comes up right next to me and starts ganking all the mobs in my area and when I asked him to stop he foul mouths me and calls me a "noob"

I realize this is a long quest to do but the Dryads and Sentries and Tuskmoors are ALL OVER the Hidden Orchid...there was no reason for this player to act so immature....

On top of this ....I was in Archosaur also this weekend exchanging a pet egg for another and this Level 20 player starts screaming in chat because he wanted to know where the guild organizeer is .....I didn't even have common chat open nor would I have answered him based on his childish behavior but I was nice enough to show him how to use the Coordinator Assistance to locate NPC's.....

What is wrong with people on this server.........Can we please have some professional courtsey for the other players around us ?????

/rant off

I guess I got lucky, my entire faction is composed of nothing but members 18+ and a few married couples. I have had experience with such behavior before though, it is very irritating, I really hate the ones that whisper you constantly even after you say what you can. I hate using the blacklist.
  • Eislynn - Sanctuary
    Eislynn - Sanctuary Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm in the same situation as mujin. I got really lucky with my own faction, as well. Most of the players in the faction are in their 20s, so it's a nice age bracket for me to chat and hang out with.

The people screaming a lot of dumb things and being general morons are one of the primary reasons why I stay in faction chat 99% of the time. ;)
    A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity. -Robert Frost
  • Seswatha - Sanctuary
    Seswatha - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    It kinda makes me sick though. They come on a game, Assuming to have fun (hence, GAME).
    And then they go and ruin it for other people..
    It might be fun, or amusing to them but not so to the victim. I guess you can call it "Virtual" school yard bullying. "i'm going to do this to annoy you and you can't stop me"
  • sanai01
    sanai01 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You know, that really is unfortunate that some people have to act in that manner, but it can't be helped. Feraldreamzz is right, don't let those type of people ruin your perception about everyone else in the game. I hope you have a better experience next time around. Good luck to everyone :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love. Love. Love. I'm a trigger hippie.
  • Sager - Sanctuary
    Sager - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Yesterday, my faction was trying to help one guy doing his fb19 untame. my factionmate was trying to invite people from our faction as much as possible because we want all our friends to get experience as well from the tablet. Well, this tab holder was very unhappy because we have invited so many people in. He thought that we were leeching his experience. I told him that the experience is coming from the quest not from the mob. Then, he was unhappy. We fought the way through the boss and what he did was stand still and didn't talk to the pillar. His factionmate told us that he was mad at us. We tried to explain to him nicely that there is no experience lost even we have alot of member in the party. After 10 minutes of explaining to him, he still didn't talk to pillar... so we decided to kick him out and killed the boss. This was just terrible. We offered our help to him to complete a fb19 quest and to get his blue glowing weapon... but then... he did this to us. so sad.
  • Aaratull - Sanctuary
    Aaratull - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    over 75% of the people who play this game are under the age of 14.

IMO this is not right.... may be 30-40% .. but me always help every1 ..and i have fun doing that.b:victory if some1 kill my mobs.. i just move forward and find diferent spot for lvl-ing :D
  • Shikyura - Sanctuary
    Shikyura - Sanctuary Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i come from 2moons...that being a pure pvp game....like...there is about only 7 maps that are non-pvpable...2 being castles with a few mobs around...(so like main towns)...one being a mid-town/dungeon/main teleporter area....one being a raid gathering...and one other being a small town with access to dungeons and castles...the last 2 of those non-pvp maps being the only two real non-town monster maps

had that kid that called you noob done that in the other game...i assure you he would be quitting the same day or vecry soon....because theres almost no penalty for pking...its intended for people who wantto kill others.....:D

which is why im kind of disappointed in the PVP system here where you drop items when killed....when you turn red or 'infamous'

just that i hate immature people like you do too...though id' put my two piece...though sometimes eople purposely follow me aroudn shooting things after i do to leech free xp...and i have to end up asking them 'hi want to get the %^#* out?" lol
  • Xboomtrickx - Sanctuary
    Xboomtrickx - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Yesterday, my faction was trying to help one guy doing his fb19 untame. my factionmate was trying to invite people from our faction as much as possible because we want all our friends to get experience as well from the tablet. Well, this tab holder was very unhappy because we have invited so many people in. He thought that we were leeching his experience. I told him that the experience is coming from the quest not from the mob. Then, he was unhappy. We fought the way through the boss and what he did was stand still and didn't talk to the pillar. His factionmate told us that he was mad at us. We tried to explain to him nicely that there is no experience lost even we have alot of member in the party. After 10 minutes of explaining to him, he still didn't talk to pillar... so we decided to kick him out and killed the boss. This was just terrible. We offered our help to him to complete a fb19 quest and to get his blue glowing weapon... but then... he did this to us. so sad.

wow that sounds awful. when i got my fb19 i did what i was told without complaint.lol as long as i got my blue weapon i really didnt care what they did. whats wrong with newbies nowadays? lol jk. newbies should alwasy be friendly and respectful to everyone especally the higher lvl guys.and that kid acted like he knew what he was talking about when hes only lvl 19....im really sorry to hear about your bad experience hopefully it wont change your attitude towards helping lower level people! b:pleased
  • Abus - Sanctuary
    Abus - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hello, I'm Abus and I'm a newbie (4 days old). I have only a few friends and I play on Sanctuary. Would anyone like to be my friend? It's lonely to level by myself.
  • Deusaeterna - Sanctuary
    Deusaeterna - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The big problem on any game is immature players who just make everything difficult for those around them. And speaking of the FB19 I went when I was a low level and just followed the higher levels but when I decided to go back with my level 30 character I got into this party with two guys. The first had some experience with the game the other just charged in thinking he had an unstoppable team. Arrogance is one quality that is a problem at every level. Especially when it gets others into a situation where their decisions are being forced. And you all know that if you are forced to do something it is the one option you hoped to avoid.
  • Leynora - Sanctuary
    Leynora - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Wow, some people are just so rude. It may be too late to do anything about it now, but next time it happens you could try taking a screenshot and pasting it here. That way, we'll all know who the person is, and make things tough for him or her.
  • Originalsin - Sanctuary
    Originalsin - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Wow, some people are just so rude. It may be too late to do anything about it now, but next time it happens you could try taking a screenshot and pasting it here. That way, we'll all know who the person is, and make things tough for him or her.

very good, except that that player could see the screen shot also and make life on this game a living hell for the person that was abused in the first place.., still a good idea though, kudos
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    WiccanWay Recruiting ACTIVE lvl40+ players, PM or mail Dylann for more information. Thank you.
  • Temerayn - Sanctuary
    Temerayn - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I managed an accidental kill steal the other day and felt bad for it. Teaches me to have my settings so that people were turned off.

I'm new too but I tend to stick to myself for the most part. Though would be great to meet people eventually. I've noticed most factions and the like don't seem interested in anyone who's not a high level. Bleah.
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yesterday, my faction was trying to help one guy doing his fb19 untame. my factionmate was trying to invite people from our faction as much as possible because we want all our friends to get experience as well from the tablet.
    We fought the way through the boss and what he did was stand still and didn't talk to the pillar.

Our faction has a team of level 50+ folk who squad up to help others with their FB19/29/39. The policy we follow is that talking to the pillar comes first, before the higher levels start killing any mobs. That way, you're sure - unless, of course, the person being helped quits the party immediately after their mob quests get done; This has happened in my experience.

When I PM'd the person to ask what happened, his response was "I just needed the mob quests, I am saving the tablet for my friends to get XP from". Nice.
    We offered our help to him to complete a fb19 quest and to get his blue glowing weapon...

Actually, he will get his blue glowing weapon anyway, as that comes from the FB mob quest, not the tablet (boss) quest.
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Actually, he will get his blue glowing weapon anyway, as that comes from the FB mob quest, not the tablet (boss) quest.

Depends on how you look at it. I did NOT get my blue weapon from killing the 8+8 monsters; I got it after I killed the boss (without the tablet quest). It's one of those "kill 8 of these and 8 of those", and I after I did it the quest changed to "kill the boss".

So you need to kill the boss, but you do not need the tablet.
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Arenamanager - Sanctuary
    Arenamanager - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Just think of immature, annoying, rude, irrational players as a preparation for your future (or current) jobs
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You said it, man
  • slysnake
    slysnake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    some people have no brains
    some people are just ****
    every server in every mmo in everyone's mmo experience they are there
    i am used to annoying noobs
    i just ignore them and then kill them in the furture(game not life b:laugh)
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well, bearing in mind that just because people help with FBs, that sure doesn't mean they're saints. They're there for the XP and rep. Nothing else. They don't care if you walk away without getting your stuff done. If they think they can get away with it, they'll also take any molders and 3* items that are rightfully yours. With these situations like FBs, it's hard to tell who's doing who a favour. So everyone ends up feeling as though they deserve a bigger piece of pie.

I've been doing an fb before, I was the tab holder, and one of the helpers decided to take a 3* that I rather wanted. When I asked for it, he told me to pay for his potion costs. I refused, after all, he did get that xp and rep. At this point, we decided to settle it with a mature conversation, in which we discussed whether or not I deserved the 3* helmet, whether or not he deserved to be paid, and whether or not his mother was a prostitute. We never did agree, and I never did get the helmet and he never got paid. But oh well.. that's what I get for doing an FB with a group of random people.

Oh.. wait.. they weren't randoms, they were members of my own guild. I left (read: got kicked for "not respecting other guild members") the guild at that point. For all of you playing the home game, thievery is one of the top 10 signs of a guild that blows severe chunks.

Slightly more on topic, inconsiderate, rude and selfish people are a part of everyday life, both online and not. All you can do is try to prevent people from taking advantage of you. Personally, I don't find selfishness (which is largely avoidable), as annoying as sheer stupidity (which isn't).
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • oie
    oie Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    it's a fair deal, it doesn't matter if you are doing it out of spite or out of generosity.
    both of the members get benefits from the whole thing;
    especially in fb19, most of the items that are dropped is ****... i assure you. but like the previous poster said; a 3 star helm? are you kidding me? **** beyond measure.

i don't see why it's such a big deal to help out with fbs and people rejecting the help anyway; and their reasoning is: no i don't want to do the call of duty quest with you because you are just there for the exp and dont care about being generous

[I am at helping out at a charity and im only here for the job experience but i dont care about the people i am helping out]
    but technically you are still doing a good deed.

what they expect me to help out with a gigantic monster for nothing?
    thats unfair

but the mold should go to the tabber for sure. i mean i would be pissed if i was at an fb and did not get what i deserve.

most of the time i thank for the exp and leave. sometimes an item would end up in my inventory
    by accident but it takes up room so i drop it for them and go on my way~

after that everyone gets exactly what they deserve.
    smiles and a glowy weapon, spirit and experience.
    You seem rather,,, Enthusiastic...
  • Swoosh - Sanctuary
    Swoosh - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    What is a high level to do with low level FB items, ok I can understand that they might keep the mold, but then again, the mold drop is rare and making team distribution on random makes it even more rare to get...

Anyway I have done many... many... many fb's and really I do not care about the drops, sure I care about the exp who doesn't? Saying that the higher level gets exp for it... you aren't forgetting that you are getting exp as well...? At any rate if you "low levels" (no offence ofcourse) are so eager to get the fb done in a matter of minutes, then people shouldn't be whining who gets the drops at the end (which is random to [repeat]).

It's all easy now to point the blame to the higher ones... ever thought that they actually finished them with a decent group themselves without any "high levels" as there actually were none? I was one of those people and I can say you can do it yourself, so if you let a high level help you just coz you want it done quick. You should actually cramp it T_T. Also players who kill the boss who are significantly higher will yield less chance of actually getting a drop...

This reminds me of the plvl-wining, "oh these high levels can level me, but if they won't, they are pricks!"? People worked for their level, and everything is doable with your own level people... Clinging to higher levels and then whining afterwards makes you really look like a fool. And then the higher levels are the asses (sorry for my language).

Back to the point, the boss can always be killed without a tabholder... But ok just keep in mind most parties are on random drop rate, making it fair. If you don't like the 'high' levels getting items (on random basis)... Go do it YOURSELF with a decent team, and it is really EASY to finish. (how do you think we manage to do FB's (59-69) when we reach the appropriate level? = TEAMWORK)

Notwithstanding that there are lots of pricks amongst the higher levels, don't forget there are an even lot of them amongst the lower levels ;)

That's my point of view
    x_x
  • Temerayn - Sanctuary
    Temerayn - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I had found some people who were offering to help people with their fb19s. I figured it didn't sound like a bad idea and they agreed to "help" me.

Which meant I stand at the back and do absolutely nothing while they kill everything.

It was abysmal, I was miserable and while I finished fb19 and got my "glowy weapon"... drop wise I think I got a couple Rhino horns... maybe and that was IT.

I've stuck to my faction since then, serves me right for hooking up with randoms. Now I'm helping "tank" fb19 with my faction mates. (Most of us are in our 20s but some of us tank better than others)

At the end we shared mats, I know the tab holder let us keep most item drops if they weren't something she could use. All in all it made up for how lousy my own fb19 was. Then again, the tab holder died 3/4 of the way through so we have to run through it again later because I need to sleep and the other higher level, the faction head, had to go to work.

So yeah, if you're worried about what the high levels are in for, get a group of friends together. The group we ran was 4 blades, 1 or 2 barbs, and a cleric. Didn't work too bad at all.
  • advoc
    advoc Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I'd have to agree with Swoosh on a lot of his points.

The assertion that everyone gets xp and rep, so it's equal is very iffy. Unless everyone is in the same lvl range, that xp and rep is pretty much junk once you get 10 lvls above or more. I can solo AoE my way to more xp and rep with drops, than I can get going through many FBs with wine in a group. I avoid doing FBs as much as I can, and if people ask for one my first question is whether it is for a culti finish or not. If it is, I'm more than happy to help so they can get their next lvl skills. If it's not, I'd rather have nothing to do with it. It's long, drains my charms, often frustratin, and leads to lots of whining about drops alot of the time.

In every single FB I have done, through all the characters I've had, I have never whined about someone getting a legendary, or beggared an armor drop that someone else gained. This includes when I was the tab holder. The system is already set up to be fair. In a random squad, everyone has an equal chance to get it. How is this not fair? The low lvls complaining are just irritated they don't get more than they are entitled to. The tablet did not make the mold appear. Killing the monster did. And if the high lvls did the work, how the heck does that mean the tab user should get it? They contributed the least towards getting it.

Though the selfish whining of many people is a good reason of why I never help on low lvl FBs, it is a shame that people believe they can ask for help, and then stack the rules so they get the most benefit out of it. They already get the easier route they wanted, they don't have to wait around for enough people to form a group, they don't have to worry about not knowing what to do. All of that gets provided. And they want more?

While I haven't asked for anybody else's drops, I have given them out to people who asked for it. I still find it tacky as hell and in bad taste just as it would be in real life, but if it prevents a bunch of whining I don't care to hear then I'll usually do the trade to shut them up.

And then not bother partying with them the next time they need help.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well Old Bear shares the lameness of the first experience but there was some luck in it- i got killed before completing and therefore boss stayed in my list- so i still had the ticket back there. I want to use the opportunity to thank another lone ranger Wolfengard who accepted the challenge of being the only companion to my return visit to the FB19. We did it as roleplay and now I got the experience i was looking for... a partnership in adventure and not a measily backseat tag along. We discussed tactics before engaging enemy...did not aggro anything we didn't need to. we used buffs regularly and watched each other's back. and we had time to just talk on our way to the boss about elves and humans... and of course after the boss splitting stuff between 2 friends is much easier than between 6 strangers (same guild doesn't guarantee anybodys friendship) Yes it was useless to us but we have some RP friends in lower level.

I do not offer my services here as FB19 guardian so don't bother. also if you're into the material benefit in the cave - do what you want. go with the loud crowd and beg for scraps later. However...if you're known to me as roleplayer and want to do the cave this way- you can look the Old Bear up...if i like your style and story- I'll join your "fellowship of the Xenobeast" or whatever you want to call that party :) Because that's the only true way Old Bear ever does any FB again.

I'm sure lot of you have had sincere help from others so I'm not generalizing. just then my first and few other player's first experience was different and i have ideas how to make it better from now on. And that's it
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    booky08 wrote: »

/rant off

A friend told me a similar store yesterday, he was doing quest north of timberfield, 2 players comes in, one is helping another and one shot killed all the mobs he need around him, that area has a lots of mobs at my friend's level or even higher then his level, so it is difficult for him to move around.
    I do help those level 20's and 30's when I am waiting for my FB party, but I always find a spot no other players around to do my 1 shot kill, when I can not find a spot like that, I group up all players around killing same mobs, so they all get credit from my killing.
  • Korahn - Sanctuary
    Korahn - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I've had people steal the things mobs drop when I kill them. That's a little bit annoying....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying into the sky on wings white as pearl......