Server Problems. Help plz?

midnightangel
midnightangel Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Support Desk
Wen I start up the game on the NOTICE page it says page can not be found so I clicked next and then log in but I cant. It says unable to connect to server. I tried n tried again but I still cant. Any suggesttions?
Post edited by midnightangel on

Comments

• gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    This usually indicates some sort of network connectivity problem between you and the server. Most likely, it's something like a hardware firewall, software firewall, or router blocking port 29000 or the elementclient.exe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • midnightangel
    edited October 2008
    gattsuru wrote: »
    This usually indicates some sort of network connectivity problem between you and the server. Most likely, it's something like a hardware firewall, software firewall, or router blocking port 29000 or the elementclient.exe.

I just turned my firewall back on but I still cant log in. Wats port 29000? How do i kno if the router blockin port 29000 or not? Can you plz tell me. Im not that good at computers..Thx
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    Download nmap and use the command "nmap -p29000 -PN pwigc3.perfectworld.com" within its zenmap GUI, and tell us what results you get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • midnightangel
    edited October 2008
    I copied n pasted it on the command box n it sais:
    'nmap' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

Wat else should i do? :(
    I wanna play. Is it got sumthin with the servers bc alot of ppl have the same problem so its not my comp is it? It was fine on wednesday
  • gattsuru
    edited October 2008
    Once you've downloaded and installed nmap, look on your Start Menu for a program called Nmap or Zenmap. You'll need to insert the command into that program.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • midnightangel
    edited October 2008
    I did insert it thou..I think
    I installed it and insert the command into to command box it it said does not recognize.
    Can I just delete n download anyther 1? The new updated version is 24 rite?
  • Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear
    Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Ok I have this Norton Security thing so I opened it n find sumthin that talks about perfectworld. I found 1 that says Element Client n I clicked on that and on the traffic description it says Outbound TCP, 29000 and also said that elementclient was allowed to communicate with
    pwig2.perfectworkd.com. Is that a good thing? And the status is Protected 2..I hope this helps a lil
    Im the same person as midniteangel by the way.
  • Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear
    Midnitekitty - Heavens Tear Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I found out now. My Norton Security blocked the game.
    So if i wanna play the game I have to turn it off and turn it back on if I stop playin n keep doin it like that...is it gonna effect the computer thou?
    Thx 4 ur help!!!! Im relly relly relly appreciated!
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2008
    There should be a way to tell Norton to stop blocking the game without turning it off. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with Norton to give you instructions on how to do that; I would recommend asking them.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

This discussion has been closed.