Wind Widget?

sheonite4000
sheonite4000 Posts: 19 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Cash Shop Huddle
How much does one Wind Widget increase the speed of my Blood Mist wings?

This guy tried to sell me 20 Wind Widgets for 1million coins, he told me u needed all 20 to increase 0.5meters per second flight speed, I didnt buy them cuz I thought i was getting ripped off, because then PW would be charging 20$ so that you can fly just 0.5meters per second faster in the game(which is insane). b:cry
Post edited by sheonite4000 on

Comments

• Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You can only use one per areocraft. Which has to be one from the Cash shop.
  • sheonite4000
    edited October 2008
    I checked n apparently I need 20 to make it faster,so they charging 10 usd to make it go 0.5 tiems faster o_O
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Oh, the wind widget situation is apparantly worse than that from my understanding (unless there's some way I haven't discovered to get wind widgets in game). From appearances the widgets are effectively scaled.10 for $5 right, 20 for first upgrade to the lowest 3 cash shop wings, 40 for second upgrade, and 80 each for 3rd and 4th to get the wings to max current wing speed... so figure that out. 220 widgets at $5/10 that's $110 for max speed and you're still slower than most ride pets with your total speed being 7.8m/s with no item/skill boosts. In my opinion that effectively makes the wind widget one of the worst priced items available in the cash shop with the hot colors pack being the other. If I've got to have 8 dyes to color my item, at least sell me the dyes in a way I'm able to choose what I'm getting. Heck, even with just one dye needed for several items it may take me $20 to randomly get the one color I wanted, and with the liklihood of a $0.10 item (random pigment) popping up several times in that mix immediately wasting my $0.50 expenditure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • Pinyin - Lost City
    Pinyin - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    soo umm 1 Wind Widget increases Aero speed 0,1speed? Is that right? or did i miss something?
  • sheonite4000
    edited October 2008

But yea who is going to waste 110$ so that a code that looks like wings in a virtual game move you a bit faster? Heak 20$ is already too much for that. O.O!
  • Drtmaverick - Sanctuary
    Drtmaverick - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I hope they change the price on widgets and on dye soon...
  • pinoyako
    pinoyako Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    hey if u want im selling my Paschar's Spite Lv2 NS+1.50 FS+3.50 already upgraded and im selling it for 1.2m or offer me u can pm me in this name.

Pinoy
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Wind Wigits are a huge rip off right now. And yeah you will end up paying over $100 to get a flying mount to max speed plus the original price of the flyer.

Its just stupid and ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • leebs
    leebs Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    the prices are ****, flying mounts are to slow its liek walking and they want you to spend $110 that is BS if you ask me
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, that much money is BS, but I managed to get 88 using coins; it pays ti shop around in Archo. Any, I have 88 in my possession and can't upgrade ANY at all. Yes, I'm using a cash shop wing >_> Doesn't do squat.

But thanks for the tip on how ridiculously overpriced the widgets are.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    im uber poor though... i got a basic sprite sword that goes 1m/s and it says its lv 2... how much widgits do i need to level it up one or two levels. ^^ and yeah they cost way too much. i thought 1 gold was $0.10 but its apparently 1 usd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg btw if anyone got spares i would love them ^^
  • CamiIla - Sanctuary
    CamiIla - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I have 22 widgets in sanctuary
    I'll sell if ya gimme a decent price
    Or trade for a sound chaser mold xD
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i dont have too much moniez right now -.- but on the bright side, i bought the sprite for 21300 ^^ (yes thats around 21k im guessing the guy forgot to type a 0 cuz i bought in auction ^^) so atm i only got 12k
  • Back_Track - Lost City
    Back_Track - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    wait wtf ......... dudes isnt 10 widgets 90 cents in USD???????????? wth are u guyz smoking its in silver not gold... THEN AGN u see most of u are in sanctuary so idk .... but join lost city its bettah :3
  • DeliaLotus - Lost City
    DeliaLotus - Lost City Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    wait wtf ......... dudes isnt 10 widgets 90 cents in USD???????????? wth are u guyz smoking its in silver not gold... THEN AGN u see most of u are in sanctuary so idk .... but join lost city its bettah :3

They used to be in some amount of gold. (That *is* what happens when you necro a thread. Check the dates on the original posts :P)
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    yup, my original post/rant was rectified about 2 weeks later with new pricing, current pricing is in my explainy non-rant at http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=177132 I think that'd be the 7th time I've referenced that thread in another thread now, they should cutpaste my post and sticky it. oh, right, post #7 on that thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • foxygamer
    foxygamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Agreed. It wouldn't hurt so bad if the cash shop items included more detail on item usage so that well-meaning paying players would have a definite idea what they're spending their real money on. It's misleading to most people, myself included. Personally, I have not spent a dime of real money in-game, but I feel for the ones who do because even though I rely on virtual coins, it still sucks to see 1mil go to waste because that's my time grinding and grinding, which is time-consuming especially at my level. Socket stones and wind widgets are by far, the most ridiculously priced items I've been unlucky enough to blow my gold on without researching their use beforehand. So it's never a bad idea to read up on as much material as possible concerning spending on in-game items. I have totally learned this the hard and expensive way.

But yea who is going to waste 110$ so that a code that looks like wings in a virtual game move you a bit faster? Heak 20$ is already too much for that. O.O!
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    How much would 80 widgets be at 90 silver in gold costs?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Poopspooge - Heavens Tear
    Poopspooge - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    How much would 80 widgets be at 90 silver in gold costs?

.90 for a 10 widget pack

10 widgets times 8 gives you 80.

Therefore 8 X .90 = $7.20 or 7 Gold, 20 Silver
  • Xxelise - Lost City
    Xxelise - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    .90 for a 10 widget pack

10 widgets times 8 gives you 80.

Therefore 8 X .90 = $7.20 or 7 Gold, 20 Silver

So, if I understand right, $7.20 to max out sparklebright? Sorry, this is just going over my head.
  • Nausea - Harshlands
    Nausea - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    bump for a wind widget sale!b:thanks
  • glider
    glider Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Slightly different question -

I heard a rumor that if you upgrade land mounts, not only does it increase the speed, but it reduces the level requirements from X to 20.

Do the upgrades for the air mounts work the same way (increase speed/decrease level req?)

If not... then why do Humans get to go at 2.5/4.5 at level 20 but Beasts/Elves have to wait till level 50?

Thanx.
  • Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear
    Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I think it's just random. I checked ecatomb and in the malasian version, there are flying mounts at level 20 for all races, so it's really dumb.
    I have no idea why, coz it's just stupid when i saw a wizard with fb weapon riding on one of those small short gold glowing new sword mount thing.
    It's such a rip. Daeveus looks much better.
  • xxkhaostheoryxx
    xxkhaostheoryxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    it's $0.90 USD for a 10 pack of wind widgets, so if you have the slowest mount/wings/aerobeast, it would take you 220 wind widget for the 1st-4th upgrades. 220/10 packs equals 22 wind widget packs. 22 packs x 90 silver= 19 gold 20 silver.

which means, in short, that it would take you $19.20 USD to upgrade from the slowest to the fastest flight speed. NOT $110.
This discussion has been closed.