READ HERE FIRST for Tech Support Issues!

darthpanda16
darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Support Desk
Have a Technical Support issue, and need some help?

If you have an in-depth technical issue, please Search our Knowledge Base FIRST, right here: http://support.perfectworld.com and our Forums.

If you can not get the solution desired, feel free to post your question on the Forums here in the Tech Support Zone, or submit a ticket to Tech Support here: http://support.perfectworld.com

Tech Support tickets are usually answered same day to up to 5 business days (at the most extreme). The usually turn around time is same day to 2 days or less. Tech Support works Monday-Friday, 10am - 7pm California Time. So during these times, if you have a technical issue that you want answered quicker, please send in a ticket to Tech Support so that we can help you better.

Posting on the Forums for a technical issue may get answered by Mods or Admins, but sometimes we (as in the Tech Support Admins) are not able to get on the forums as much as we would like to. If you have a technical question on nights, the weekends, or on USA holidays, it may be best to post on the forums to see if you'll get an answer sooner.

Otherwise, please be patient until we can reply back to your ticket on our workdays. We are working to speed up our response times and track issues better, so contacting Tech Support guarantees* you a reply.

*We can not guarantee a response if your Spam or Junk Mail folders decide to eat our replies. You can check My Support though on the status of your tickets!

This thread will still be posted here, but the latest Tech Support info that you will be able to find in the future will be here in our Knowledge Base:

http://support.perfectworld.com

So please SEARCH for a solution there FIRST before you post, use live chat, or submit a ticket!

Thanks!

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1) Is my country eligible to play Perfect World International?

2) Will Perfect World International run on Windows Vista or 7? (Yes)

3) I can not see the website or game launcher's small screen properly, what can I do?

4) I'm getting glitchy or blinking weird graphics, how can I fix it?

5) I'm having ALT + TABing issues, need East Asian Language Pack help, what can I do?

6) I have a multi-core processor & game is speeding up/rubberbanding, help?

7) Why do all other players look the same in-game?

8) I can not get into game and it says I am already logged in! What can I do?

9) What do I do if my character gets stuck somewhere in the game world?

10) I need more help! What do I do?

11) Additional Networking Help

12) I'm having issues patching! Have you tried the manual patch?

13) How to change your keyboard language - AZERTY versus QWERTY.

14) Will Xbox 360 or PC game controllers/gamepads work with PWI?

15) How do I take a screen shot of my issue and send them to you all?

16) How do I use my computer/PC? I'm not good with computers. (covers XP, Vista & 7)

17) Are there links to help me find out about antivirus and firewall issues?

18) I'm seeing ERR on monsters and elsewhere in-game, or my icons in my inventory are totally wrong, what can I do to fix this?

19) Can I launch Perfect World International through Steam? Can I launch Perfect World International through xFire?

20) I can't find my character name. I can't find my friends on my game server or can't add them. What can I do?

21) I'm having issues with Badwords.txt and/or other files not completely downloading or working for the patching process.

22) I can't get things to display right, people are disappearing, I can't see some NPCs, what do I doooo!? Help!!

23) My keyboard is not recognized, or does not seem to work with PWI, what can I do to fix it?

24) I'm having difficulty keeping up with the time zone(s) the game servers are in compared to my time zone. What can I do to figure this out?

25) Is there a solid way to download the game? How do I download the Bittorrent version?

26) I see all of these guides in PDF format, what does that mean? How can I view those files?

27) I'm having issues with the game speeding up too fast. What can I do?

28) What are the system requirements? (7, Vista, XP)

29) Where can I find the support websites for my gear?

30) How does the internet work? How do multiplayer games work on a network?

31)How do I change my network settings, change port information, router settings and stuff?

32)How do I send you guys dxdiag and hijackthis logs??

33)Can I Play Perfect World International on a Mac or Linux machine?

34) I can't login to one specific character, game crashes, help?

35) Why won't you help me if I am using illegal software?

36) I get a "Client Running unable to proceed with update" message, Help?

37) Can I use Live chat for Tech Support? (Answer is no)

38) How do I change my password or check my registration date?

39) I sent in a ticket & haven't gotten a reply, what's going on?

40) I need patching help, how do I run a traceroute?

41) How can I keep my Windows PC maintained/running smoothly?

42) What kind of Internet connection do I need to play?

43) How can I play the game on older hardware or with integrated graphics?

44) How do I change my Safety Lock Settings?

Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
Post edited by darthpanda16 on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    Is my country eligible to play Perfect World International?

If you live in one of the following countries, or have an IP address connected to, or close to, one
    of the following countries, you will NOT be able to play PWI.

These countries CAN NOT play Perfect World International.

China
    Hong Kong
    Macau
    South Korea
    Taiwan
    Vietnam
    Russia
    Egypt

If you want to play Perfect World for those regions, you will have to research on the internet to
    find the one that covers your location. All other IP addresses from anywhere else in the world are not blocked by Perfect World Entertainment.

UPDATED [2013-05-16]

For the most up-to-date list of banned regions, please see this support article.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    Will Perfect World International run on Windows Vista or 7?

If you are experiencing some difficulties running the game using Windows Vista or 7, there are some things you can try.

Please keep in mind that you need to deactivate power save and sleep modes on your PC if you plan to keep the game on for a long period of time.

Power save mode does make many things crash. An online MMO game can not go into sleep mode because it has to have access to the CPU, GPU, network hardware, RAM, and hard drive to operate. Those things are shut down when power save or sleep mode is activated.

A few tips for gaming in Vista and 7 in general: do not install games to the default Programs(x86) folder as that is a protected folder and some older games can't write their save games there. Install the latest version of DirectX because Vista shipped with Directx10 and is missing a file some older games need (installing the latest version of DirectX will put that file back in place and not mess up DX10), and some games need administrator access (right click the game exe and select run as admin).

If running 64-bit, try installing the game in the Program Files (x86) directory to run it in 32-bit mode. This may, or may NOT work.

64-bit Vista and 7 have a 32-bit compatibility layer so you can run both 64-bit and 32-bit apps/games.

Try running the game as Administrator and/or changing Compatibility Mode. To run an application as an Administrator, you can right click on the game's shortcut and click Properties. If Run as an Administrator pops up in the first menu after you right click, use that.

To change the Compatibility mode, go to the Properties of your game, than go to the Compatibility tab and select Windows XP Service Pack 2 or 3 from the list.

If you want to be exact with the whole Run as an Administrator process, run the game on the account of your computer that has the account set as Administrator.

If you are still experiencing issues, it may be necessary to disable User Account Control, also known as UAC:

1. Launch MSCONFIG. You can find it by typing "msconfig.exe" into the search bar of the Start Menu.
    2. Click on the Tools tab. Scroll down till you find Disable UAC. Click on that line.
    3. Press the Launch button.
    4. A CMD window will open. When the command is done, you can close the window.
    5. Close MSCONFIG. You will need to reboot the computer for changes to apply.

You can re-enable UAC by selecting the Enable UAC line and then clicking on the Launch button.

If you have a Limited User Account in Vista or 7 (non Administrator), you CAN install, patch and run the game if the following two conditions are true:

1) UAC is turned off.

2) The game is installed to the C:\Games\Perfect World Entertainment folder instead of the C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment folder
    (Please notice the difference between the two, especially during the installation process).

You may have to change the folder/directory location yourself during the installation process of the game.

If you try to install the game into C:\Program Files folder under a Limited User account, Windows won't let you. So please pay attention during the install process and change the folder tree to C:\Games\Perfect World Entertainment then the name of the game.

If UAC is turned on, you must have Administrator rights or the password to install, patch, and then run the game initially.
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    I can not see the website or game launcher's small screen properly, what can I do?

If you are having trouble viewing certain parts of the website or the front end menu of the game, make sure you have the latest version of Flash installed.

You may need to uninstall the current version of Flash that you have installed to prevent any errors from occurring. The un-installer is here: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14157

You can get the latest version of Flash at:
    http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

Once you download it, run it and make sure all of your internet browser windows are closed.
    After Flash is installed, start up your browser and see how the www.perfectworld.com website
    shows up for you then. If it still doesn't show up well for you, try re-booting your PC then starting your browser.

Currently, we only support Firefox and Internet Explorer, although any web browser that supports
    the latest version of Flash and uses it properly should display it correctly.

Web Browsers Links:

Firefox
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Internet Explorer
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx

Another thing is to make sure that you have cookies enabled if you are having issues with viewing the forums. With the Firefox Browser it is under Tools > Options > Privacy. For Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy. A setting of Medium should be sufficient.
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    I'm getting glitchy or blinking weird graphics, how can I fix it?

Here are some things that you can try.

If you have Vista or Windows 7, try running the game in Windows 2000 compatibility mode. To configure the compatibility mode for an application, just locate the installation directory and right click on the .exe, selecting Properties from the menu. Select the Compatibility tab. Under Compatibility mode, in the drop down box select Windows 2000. Click OK.

Try experimenting with your graphic settings (lowering them, turning effects off) on the game launcher menu and see if that helps.

If you have forced graphic settings through an ATI or nVidia control panel, try disabling the features you have turned on with those tools.

If you have Windows vista or 7 that has DirectX 11, use this link to see if you need to update DirectX 11: http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-US/aboutGFW/pages/directx.aspx

If you have Windows XP, use this link to update to the latest version of DirectX 9.0c: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

Update your video drivers for your video chipset from ATI, nVidia, Intel, or your system manufacturer's website.

nVidia Driver Search
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

ATI Driver Search
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Intel Driver Search
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    I'm having ALT + TABing issues, need East Asian Language Pack help, what can I do?

Sometimes, depending on your PC configuration and version of Windows that you are running, you might need to install or enable support for East Asian Languages or Chinese Languages.

The game was developed in Mandarin Chinese and some computers need settings changed to be able to read the game files properly.

Doing so can solve a variety of issues involving patching/updating the game, installing the game, playing the game, being able to connect to our servers, being able to ALT+TAB out of the game and other issues.

Please check out the directions below for your version of Windows.

If you have Windows XP or later, please update/install Internet Explorer 8 (even if you don't use it) or later, then restart your computer before you try anything below.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx

Windows XP SP3 Info

You may need to enable the East Asian Languages for XP.

You can try going to Start > Control Panel > Regional & Language Options (or Date, Time, Language and Regional Options) > Languages.

Check the box for Install files for East Asian Languages > Click OK and let the process run and then you will have to Restart your PC.

Alternatively, you may need to install the East Asian Language pack that is on your original Windows disc.

Outlined below is a step-by-step guide to installing it in your computer (for Windows XP - Vista users might have to undergo different steps, but they should still be similar).

Try it and see if it works for you:

1. Insert your Windows XP CD
    2. Go to Control Panel
    3. Go to Regional and Language Options
    4. Click on the Languages Tab
    5. Click on the Install files for East Asian Languages checkbox and make sure that it's checked.
    6. Click on the OK button for the dialog box that appears.
    7. Click on the OK button of the window to close it, and begin the installation.

If you do not have access to a copy of your Windows XP CD, you can download the Simplified and Traditional Chinese language packs directly from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=deb6731a-ca36-47a3-b4a0-2a1d19eefa05&displaylang=en

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=C2E0C5A2-66FE-4854-BE35-7A5E539A0980&displaylang=en

Windows Vista SP2 Info

Please note you may have difficulty if you do not have Vista Ultimate or Enterprise versions.

You can try going to Start > Control Panel > Clock, Language, Region (or Regional and Language Options) > Regional and Language Options > Keyboards and Languages.

Select the languages that you want to enable, click OK, follow prompts, Restart the computer.

See if you need to install a LIP or MUI pack.

You may need to install the pack from the original Windows Vista DVD.

Windows 7 RC Info

You can try going to Start > Control Panel > Clock, Language, Region (or Regional and Language Options) > Regional and Language Options > Keyboards and Languages > Install/Uninstall Languages

Select the languages that you want to enable, click OK, follow prompts, Restart the computer.

You may need to install the pack from the original Windows 7 DVD.

Additional Help

If you are using Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP, Vista, follow this link for additional instructions:
    http://newton.uor.edu/Departments&Programs/AsianStudiesDept/Language/index.html

If this doesn't solve your problem, please send us a DXDiag log for your system.

To do this, go to Start, click on run (if using Windows XP; in Vista & Win7, click in the search bar), then type in dxdiag and press enter. Click on Save All Information, then attach the text file to your reply.

You can also try running the game in Windowed Mode from the in-game Settings to see if that helps you.
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    I have a multi-core processor & game is speeding up/rubberbanding, help?

If you are using a multi-core processor, you may have to change the Affinity settings for the processor to run the
    game better.

To do this, start the game and then press Ctrl + Alt + Del to bring up the Task Manager. In the processes tab, find elementclient.exe. Right-click on it and choose "Set Affinity," and uncheck one of the cores.

You may have to do this every time you start the game if you cannot set it permanently through any CPU optimizing software that you have installed on your PC.

If you are using an AMD processor, they have an optimization and processor drivers here:

http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pages/psearch.aspx?type=2.1&product=&contentType=Tech%20Download%20Processor

Otherwise, you will have to check your CPU manufacturer's website to see if they have one available.
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    Why do all other players look the same in-game?

Go to the UI tab of your in-game System Settings menu and make sure the Customizations box is checked.

Or, if you installed PWI in the default directory on your computer, you can go here: C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\userdata

and delete the file called systemsettings.ini .

Then restart the game. That will reset your graphic game settings to the default settings when you first installed the game.
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    I can not get into game and it says I am already logged in! What can I do?

At the login screen after you startup the game, on the bottom left of the menu where you enter
    your user name and password is a check box and the words Force Log.

Selecting (by clicking on the box) Force Log will boot your account off of the servers if you got
    disconnected while logged in, or encountered other issues where you get a message saying you
    are already logged in.
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    What do I do if my character gets stuck somewhere in the game world?

While this does happen on occasion, ways that you can get unstuck are to:

1) Use your Town Portal. If you've used it already, you may have to wait for its cool-down period
    to expire.
    2) Ask a GM to teleport you back to the closest city.
    3) Exit back to the Main Menu, and see if it drops you in a better spot so that you won't get stuck
    again once you log back in.
    4) Log out, and when you log back in, hold down the "W" key. You might have to do this a few times if you got really stuck somewhere in the game world.
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    I need more help! What do I do?

If you are still experiencing issues and can not find an answer to your issue after you have THOROUGHLY SEARCHED through the forums and have made sure you aren't posting the 113th copy of the same question, you can submit your issue to Tech Support through our
    ticketing system. Visit http://support.perfectworld.com/ , log into your account, and select
    from a list of categories that are related to your issue, and we'll do our best to help you. b:bye
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    Additional Networking Help

If you need more information about setting up your network connections, please visit the
    following sites:

Windows XP: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/setup/default.mspx

Windows Vista: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-us/networking.mspx

Windows 7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/What-you-need-to-set-up-a-home-network

Note: If you do change your network settings, please remember to reset and/or
    power down/up your modem before the changes will take effect.
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    I'm having issues patching! Have you tried the manual patch?

Get the manual patch and info about how to patch here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87242

Try to trouble shoot your issues below.

1. What ISP do you have?
    2. Where are you located?
    3. What type of modem do you have? DHCP, DSL, Dial-Up, etc.
    4. What type of connection protocol does your modem use? DHCP, PPPoE, Static IP, PPP, etc.
    5. What is your bandwidth (both download and upload speed)? You can test your bandwidth at: http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
    6. Please perform a traceroute to pwipatch.perfectworld.com (please supply a screenshot)
    a. tracert pwipatch.perfectworld.com
    7. Please ping pwipatch.perfectworld.com (please supply a screenshot)
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    How do I change my keyboard language settings from AZERTY to QWERTY?

If you have an AZERTY keyboard setup, you can make use of the language option on your computer to change this option. Directions may be different for Vista. These are the Windows XP directions.

Step 1: Go to the Start button and open Control Panel
    Step 2: Choose the option Clock, Language and Region
    Step 3: Select Regional and Language Options and in the Installed Services section, click Add
    Step 4: If your keyboard is set to French (AZERTY) change it to English US/UK and if your keyboard is set to an English language (QWERTY), change the language to French (AZERTY).
    Step 5: In the Keyboard section, choose QWERTY or AZERTY and apply the changes by clicking OK

You might have to restart your system.
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    Will Xbox 360 or PC game controllers/gamepads work with PWI?

The quick answer is yes, but maybe not initially.

Please note these are personal suggestions, not from PWE officially. You must do your own research. PWE is not responsible for what you download, install, buy or use.

Some of these might work, they might not. Good luck!

- Software to reassign keys and mouse to a variety of gamepads:

http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/

http://xpadder.com/

http://www.switchbladepro.com/

http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm

- Will Xbox 360 or PC controllers work with our games?

The quick answer is yes they should, but not initially.

Some users have reported success using this unofficial utilities for keyboard and mouse emulation for playing their games.

Research Jmouse, JoytoKey, Joystick-2-Mouse and many others. Use the keywords: mouse, keyboard, emulation, gamepad, controller

The Xbox 360 controller (wired or wireless) has drivers for Windows XP SP1 or later.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=Gaming

Windows Vista and Windows 7 supports the controller natively, so you will need to go to the Vista game controller settings.

PC games will have to natively have their own support built-in, to see gamepad controllers like the Xbox 360 gamepad. Our games do not have that feature at this time.

Some users have a easier time setting it up using a wired Xbox 360 controller then the wireless or wireless plug and charge kits.

- Logitech Controllers:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/gamepads/&cl=us,en

The Dual Action and Rumblepad work great. If their other controllers use the same software that comes with those two gamepads, it'll work great for your needs, in our opinion.

If you don't have the disc that came with the Logitech controller, you can get the software here:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/441/288&cl=us,en

If the profile I made doesn't work exactly as I outlined, you can change it to your preferences.

--Update: Please note that there are known errors with using Saitek's controllers and driver software with our games at this time. You might have to uninstalll their software completely in order to get the game to run properly. We're researching it when we can, but do not expect a fix for this anytime soon.]
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    How do I take a screen shot of my issue and send them to you all?

How to take screenshots and send them to us.

When you press the Print Screen key (or Prnt Scrn), a screenshot is put into this folder:

C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\screenshots

That is the default directory it is installed into, unless you changed where it got installed to.
    You will still be looking for \Perfect World International\element\screenshots at least.

These images are saved in a large format called a BMP (bitmap), which are too big for many email clients, including ours.

So we ask that you save them in a compressed format, such as JPG (jay-peg).

To do this, go to the screenshot directory mentioned above. Find the screenshot(s) that are relative for your issue(s).
    For each image that you need to send us, you will need to change the format from BMP to JPG

Right-click on the image > Select Open With > Select Paint.

Once in Paint, click on File > Save As. From the drop-down Save as Type list, select JPG/JPEG.

Type in a name for the file (such as SuperBob_cantmove1.jpg for example) , and choose the location of where you want to save the file. The same directory here is fine.

Repeat the process until you have all of the screenshots that you need to report your issue ready for us.

Attach the screenshot as a file to your email to us. If you are replying back to a Tech Support email, you can attach more then one file when you reply. If you are using our ticketing system, you can only attach one file to your ticket.

You will have to use a program like WinZip, WinRAR, or 7-Zip to bundle those files together into one .zip or .rar file.

Please keep in mind our current ticket size limit for attachments is only 6MB.
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    How do I use my computer/PC? I'm not good with computers. (covers XP, Vista & 7)

Please see these links to get you started:

How to use Windows 7
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/use/default.aspx

How to use Windows Vista
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/guides/default.aspx

How to use Windows XP
    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/usingwindowsxp.mspx

PCs in general:

http://www.pc.com/

http://www.easycomputertips.com/article-howtouseyourpc-thebasics.html
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    How do I add exceptions to, & use my antivirus software?

Antivirus programs and the like (firewalls and other security programs), are great for keeping your computer safe from many bad things that are floating around on the Internet.

However, antivirus programs can also cause some frustration or mild discomfort when trying to play online computer games.

The information we provide here is to help you try to make the process of getting your games running on your computer with as little hassle as possible.

Some antivirus programs will flag (or block) games when you try to download them, install them, update them (also called patching), or play them. This happens sometimes because the antivirus software maker doesn't have the game files in their own exceptions list.

When game files get changed, like with what often happens during patching a game, antivirus programs can flag it and prevent it from functioning, and/or from connecting to the Internet.

These tips and links are to help you troubleshoot your issues :)

Some things that you can try are:

- Add exceptions (adds file(s) to an exclusion list) for the game's file(s) into your antivirus software.

You may need to add exceptions for the following programs:

elementclient.exe (the main game)
    pwprotector.exe (the onscreen keyboard on the login screen)
    patcher.exe (the game patcher)
    launcher.exe (the game start-up menu)

- Temporarily disabling (please note that you do this AT YOUR OWN RISK) your antivirus software long enough to get the game installed and playing, then re-enabling your antivirus software.

Note: By disabling your antivirus, you do so at your own risk, and PWE is not responsible for any damages that could occur to your system hardware or software, or any loss of data that could occur.

If you are still having problems getting your antivirus software to cooperate with your intentions on playing your games, here are some links to some known antivirus software publisher's support websites.

Note: An * (asterisk) below indicates a personal recommendation of software by Darthpanda16, and is not officially endorsed by PWE.

Windows Firewall - Windows XP - Free
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/Internet/sp2_wfintro.mspx

Windows Firewall - Windows Vista - Free
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/features/firewall.aspx

Windows Firewall - Windows 7 - Free
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/windows-firewall

Windows Defender - Windows XP & Vista - Free
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx

Windows Defender - Windows 7 - Free

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/windows-defender

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free

http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/support.aspx?mkt=en-us#mainNav

Symantec Norton Antivirus
    http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/index.jsp

Trend Micro
    http://esupport.trendmicro.com/consumer/default.aspx

McAfee
    http://service.mcafee.com/default.aspx

Kaspersky*

http://usa.kaspersky.com/support/
    http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279232

ESET (Nod32)*

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=home

Computer Associates (CA) Security*

http://cainternetsecurity.net/Support/Default.aspx?lang=en-US

Panda Security* (for obvious reasons)
    http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/support/

Bitdefender
    http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/

PC Tools
    http://www.pctools.com/contact/support/

Zone Alarm (Checkpoint)
    http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/support/technical-support.htm

Sunbelt Software

http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/support/

Sophos Security
    http://www.sophos.com/support/

Bullguard
    http://www.bullguard.com/support.aspx

AVG - Free
    http://www.avg.com/us-en/support-home

Avast! Antivirus - Free
    http://www.avast.com/eng/technical_support.html

Avira Antivir - Free
    http://www.avira.com/en/support/index.html
  • darthpanda16
    edited October 2008
    I'm seeing ERR on monsters and elsewhere in-game, or my icons in my inventory are totally wrong, what can I do to fix this?

Your patch or install may have gotten corrupted or got the wrong data.

Have you tried the Verify option in the front end of the game?

Start the game, select Verify, click on Yes, and let the game verify that your game client's files, and the latest version of the server side game files are accurate.

This will take some time. Please be patient.

After this process is done, try to get into the game again and see if the same issue(s) occur.

If this does not help, you may need to uninstall, and then re-install and freshly patch the game if your install or patch got corrupted.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Can I launch Perfect World International through Steam?

Yes, although it must be configured as a non-Steam Game. Login to Steam, and within the Steam window, go to the My Games tab, and click add non-Steam Game. Add both the Launcher and ElementClient to the Installed Games list (by default, at "C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\launcher\Launcher.exe" and "C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\elementclient.exe"). Click Launcher, and then click Launch.

Can I launch Perfect World International through xFire?

Yes. xFire should automatically detect a Perfect World International install, and be able to open the chat dialog overlay with Scroll Lock + X with its default settings.

If it does not automatically show up as an Installed Game in xFire, go to xFire's Tools -> Launch -> Detect Games. xFire will attempt to local any installed games on your computer and will open up the Options window. If Perfect World International still doesn't show as Installed, click Not Installed from the Options window, then scroll down to Perfect World International and select it. Click Manual Setup, and put your installation directory (by default, C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International) into the text box. Click Okay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2008
    I can't find my character name. I can't find my friends on my game server or can't add them. What can I do?

Make sure that you and your friends are playing on the same servers.

Make sure that you have the capitalization/upper case/lower case and spelling correct for your names and your friend's names.

Make sure that you and your friends have registered their accounts here: https://register.perfectworld.com/register

Make sure that you and your friends have downloaded and installed Perfect World International, and not any other version from the sources listed here: http://www.perfectworld.com/download/client

The 3 Perfect World International game servers are:

Heaven's Tear (PVE) USA West Coast

Lost City (PVP USA West Coast)

Sanctuary (PVE USA West Coast)

Harshlands (PVP USA East Coast)

Dreamweaver (PVE USA East Coast)
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2008
    I'm having issues with Badwords.txt and/or other files not completely downloading or working for the patching process.

Badwords.txt + other patch problems - SOLVED
    Put here by community request. b:pleased from this thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=60091

This is one solution that some users of our community put together to help with those that are having trouble patching.

Fixing badwords.txt and gdata errors

Many of us have been having problems with badwords.txt, elements.data and other files stalling. It seems this was down to the Chinese characters, or some language related issue with code. If this thread helps you fix your problem, please reply, to keep it high enough so everyone sees it.

-6 Confirmations of this working.

If you have fixed other patch issues, please post them here also, with explanations. I will add them to this initial post, so all problems can be gathered here and get people playing and in game faster :)

After MUCH searching through the forums, and trying many different things, I finally came across a golden thread.

Let me paste a section of the thread for you
    For problems with buff_str.txt, try downloading Codepage.exe:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/winceplatformbuilder/patch/1.0/wce/en-us/codepage.exe

Run that and extract the files, inside there's a file called "CHINAS.ZIP", extract that one and run the .BAT file inside it (thanks Zorin!)

Download the files and extract them, and run the 2 bat files. From there, try updating/patching PWI and rejoice in excitement when it works :) ( at least I hope it does for you :) )

This is the batch files code for further explanation
    REM Run this batch file to be able to compile Chinese (Simplified) resources
    copy c_936.nls %SystemRoot%\system32
    copy c_10008.nls %SystemRoot%\system32
    regini ChinaS.ini

Thanks everso much to zorin and drk for the link.

Patch stalling on a file, after doing the above fix?

Try this ( Thanks to memoomoo )
    When you get stuck and client asks to try again or stop update. Click stop update and exit game. Run game again and hit update game -> CONTINUE UPDATE.

So basically everytime you get stuck. Just stop updating ->exit game->run game->update game->continue update

-Stripe ( Elestra ingame)
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2008
    I can't get things to display right, people are disappearing, I can't see some NPCs, what do I doooo!? Help!!

You can try deleting your systemsettings.ini file for Perfect World International.

Go to My Computer and go here:

C:\Games\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\userdata\

or on older game client versions, or for XP and older Windows versions:
    C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\userdata\

(Note: This is the default location on your computer that the game installs to. It may be different if you changed it during installation.)

You will see a file named systemsettings.ini . Delete it.

Then re-start your game. The settings will be set back to the default settings as when you first installed the game.
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2008
    My keyboard is not recognized, or does not seem to work with PWI, what can I do to fix it?

Check your security software and anti virus software settings to see if they are blocking the game in some way. You will want to allow for the processes pwprotector.exe, patcher.exe launcher.exe and elementclient.exe

Check your keyboard connections. Are they plugged in to the proper port firmly? (like USB or PS/2)

Do you have multiple language keyboards setup on your computer and accidentally toggled to the other keyboard setup?
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2008
    I'm having difficulty keeping up with the time zone(s) the game servers are in compared to my time zone. What can I do to figure this out?

Here are some links to help you figure out global time zones:

Time Zone Calculators

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/

Time Zone Maps

http://www.timezonecheck.com/

http://www.worldtimezone.com/

http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-usa2.htm

http://www.time.gov/

Hope this helps some of you b:bye
  • darthpanda16
    edited November 2008
    Is there a solid, reliable way to download the game? How do I download the Bittorrent version?

Please see our PDF guide for downloading the game with a program called uTorrent, and how to download and install uTorrent.

Here's the link to the guide:

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/media/PWI_downloadwith_utorrent_final.pdf

Here's the link to the download:

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2008
    I see all of these guides in PDF format, what does that mean? How can I view those files?

PDF files are good way to get digital publications distributed on the internet and on most computers because they are scalable (you can zoom in and out) and the formatting looks the same on everyone's computers.

You will need Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader (or other PDF file format reader) to view those documents; you can download it at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html if you do not have it already.

Alternative PDF file reader program (lighter, smaller, faster):
    http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/

Install a PDF file reader, then open the PDF file of your choice with it so you can read it and see the pretty pictures b:pleased
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2008
    I'm having issues with the game speeding up too fast. What can I do?

Please note the following was submitted to us by one of our community users who is a programmer from another online MMO. Use at your own risk.

These steps are for advanced users to help set the Affinity for PWI once, instead of having to set it themselves every time that you want to play. This will also allow users to play the game in Full Screen mode as it does
    not require use of the Task Manager to perform during gameplay.

1.) Download imagecfg.exe from
    this http://www16.brinkster.com/salvage/thief/imagecfg.zip link.

2.) Extract the file in the systemroot\system32 folder. (The default
    directory for this is C:\Windows\system32 If you customized your Windows installation, this may be different..)

3.) Select Start > Run from the Windows Taskbar.

4.) At the Run prompt, type cmd.

5.) This will open the Windows Command Prompt. In the command console, nagivate to the directory in which you installed Perfect World. The default directory for this is C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\PerfectWorld International\element (If you changed your installation directory, this may be different.)

6.) Once inside that directory, type the following statement and press the Enter key afterwards.
    This will set your program to run permanently on only the first processor in a multi-processor PC:
    imagecfg -a 0x1 elementclient.exe

7.) You should see the following four lines returned after your press Enter:

elementclient.exe contains no configuration information
    elementclient.exe contains a Subsystem Version of 4.0
    elementclient.exe updated with the following configuration information:
    Processor Affinity Mask: 00000001

8.) Launch the game client, and your problems with the Multi-Processor
    support of PWI should be resolved.

Note: If you do not understand how to navigate around in the Windows
    Command Prompt
    please see the below link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial76.html
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2008
    What are the system requirements to play the game?

Requirements are subject to change with or without notice at any time.

- Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.
    - Intel Pentium 4 1.5Ghz or AMD Athlon 1500+ or newer and faster CPU.
    - 512MB or more of RAM (Vista & Windows 7 require 1GB or more, 2GB+ preferred).
    - 3D video chipset with pixel & vertex shader model 1.3 supported. GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB or ATI Radeon 8500 64MB or newer for Windows XP. For Windows Vista & 7, a GeForce FX 5200 128MB or ATI Radeon 9500 128MB or newer is needed.
    - 5GB of Hard Drive Space or more (14GB or more preferred).
    - DirectX 9.0c and the latest video drivers. DirectDraw must be enabled.
    - DirectX compatible sound chip or onboard audio capability with the latest sound drivers.
    - Broadband Internet connection required.
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2008
    Where can I find the tech support websites for my gear?

If you have hardware or a computer made by a company not listed here, use a search engine to find the support pages for that company.

Have your make, model number, brand, and any other identifying info nearby so that you can search and find what you are looking for.

Here is a list of some main ones.

Microsoft Support
    http://support.microsoft.com/

Intel Support
    http://www.intel.com/support/index.htm

AMD Support
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182,00.html

ATI Support
    http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.HTML

nVidia Support
    http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html

Dell Support
    http://support.dell.com/

HP Support
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

Acer Support
    http://acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/portal20.cfm?website=AcerPanAm.com&siteid=7117&areaid=2&formid=3390&LINKTEXT=Support%20Solutions

Gateway Support
    http://support.gateway.com/support/default.aspx

Toshiba Support
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp

Sony Support
    http://esupport.sony.com/EN/VAIO#

Asus Support
    http://support.asus.com/

eMachines Support
    http://www.emachines.com/support/

Samsung Support
    http://www.samsungpc.com/gb/support/rxdos/main.html

Lenovo Support
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/homeLenovo.do

IBM Support
    http://www.ibm.com/products/finder/us/en/finders?pg=ddfinder

Alienware Support
    http://support.alienware.com/Support_Pages/Support_Area.aspx

Cyberpower Support
    http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/support/overview.html

Tangent Computer Support
    http://www.tangent.com/explore/tech.htm
  • darthpanda16
    edited December 2008
    How does the internet work? How do multiplayer games work on a network?

All of that magic of online multiplayer gaming? Yeah, it is not magic.

Here are some links to help you learn and understand.

How Does the Internet Work?
    http://www.theshulers.com/whitepapers/internet_whitepaper/index.html

How Internet Infrastructure Works
    http://www.howstuffworks.com/internet-infrastructure.htm

How Firewalls Work
    http://www.howstuffworks.com/firewall.htm

Wireless Local Area Networks (LANS)
    http://www.pc.ibm.com/ww/healthycomputing/lan.html

Multiplayer video games
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer
This discussion has been closed.