Kill Stealing and Ego

Kahlan - Heavens Tear
Kahlan - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
I am the most important player in the world, the game revolves around me. I'm so important that when I metally decide which target to attack, that target glows purple on everyone else's screen and then they immediatley attack it just because I was going to.

I know they are going after my target because I also announce using world chat "I think I will attack yon Tauroc, the one next to the tree that has "sacrificial attack" below its name. I also run up to the target, bow to it, blow it a kiss, and run around it 3 times before attacking just so everyone knows it's MY target.

I also don't think that it's fair that every ranged player is endowed with ESP and knows 3-5 seconds before I start attacking which target is MINE.

Curse all of you! Stop kill stealing MY targets.

PS it's not paranoia if everyone really is out to get me.
Post edited by Kahlan - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Thank you for posting this incredibly helpful guide!

Somehow I missed that I was supposed to blow the monster a kiss. That must have been in all that text I skipped in one of my quest assignments. Sheesh! Why do they have to drone on and on with all that story stuff? I mean, don't they know that all we really care about is how many of what monster we need to kill (and, of course, EXACTLY where the monster can be found - I mean, I had to look for like 5 whole minutes to find Bloodraged Cadaver the other day). Anyway, I can't wait to get online and try out your technique. It is going to be sweet when I walk into a new territory and everyone sees me doing the full routine and knows they really don't belong there anymore and they should all go back and set up cat shops with cheap prices so I can buy all the things I need whenever I want to.

Thanks again! (Seriously, this post almost made me spray coffee all over my screen.)
  • sanai01
    sanai01 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Oh Kahlan, your posts are so cute :)

I was actually on another thread about KS'ing. It was a good conversation and I think I saw a comment from you there.

Also, thank you for your kind words on the other thread and unless I'm mistaken, your other account is Dagnytaggart right? Well in any case, it was very sweet of you to say those things. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love. Love. Love. I'm a trigger hippie.
  • Everlusting - Lost City
    Everlusting - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The circling 3 times part of your guide. Is it clockwise or anti-clockwise. Cause I tried running anti-clockwise and at the 2 and half round the universe collapsed. I'm afraid to try clockwise as I don't know what will happen. Please clearify for me. Thankies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sanai01
    edited October 2008
    The circling 3 times part of your guide. Is it clockwise or anti-clockwise. Cause I tried running anti-clockwise and at the 2 and half round the universe collapsed. I'm afraid to try clockwise as I don't know what will happen. Please clearify for me. Thankies.

I believe you should run one and a half cirlcles counter-clockwise then run one and a half clockwise to create a balance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kahlan - Heavens Tear
    Kahlan - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2008

Sanai has it correct 1.5 loops clockwise, then 1.5 loops counterclockwise. Make sure you yell out the number of the count as you go around count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, you may whack the beasty until it is dead. (Thank you Monty Python!)
  • Isowen - Lost City
    Isowen - Lost City Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    go play on a real server and pk ksing nubs!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your tears are so tasty and sweet! Let me taste your tears of unfathomable sadness!

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • Dagnytaggart - Heavens Tear
    Dagnytaggart - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    sanai01 wrote: »
    Oh Kahlan, your posts are so cute :)

I was actually on another thread about KS'ing. It was a good conversation and I think I saw a comment from you there.

Also, thank you for your kind words on the other thread and unless I'm mistaken, your other account is Dagnytaggart right? Well in any case, it was very sweet of you to say those things. b:victory

*huggles* Was my pleasure to say them dear!
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    @Isowen: rofl ur lvl 46, u *attempt* to pk them, turn pink and then get 1hit ko'ed and drop some inventory items and start spamming world chat about how unfair life is.

Please just get a life and stop badmouthing the pve server.

Than again maybe I'm wrong, the answer to the meaning of life is actually: "N00bs, I just PK all my problems away"
    edited October 2008
    go play on a real server and pk ksing nubs!

LoL.. I love my server... real or not. I think my complete lack of testosterone makes me find little satisfaction in the PK process. Enjoy your server as much as I do mine :-)
  • sanai01
    edited October 2008
    PvP servers were fun when I use to run around in Wow, but I seem to have more fun in the PvE servers here. Some people tend to take things a little too seriously when they get pk'ed. They start bad mouthing them and I don't like hearing people getting mad over a game. I rather drink my coffee, run around in groups with people and chat while we're farming. (I don't know people in-game yet, but I'm sure I'll meet some really fun individuals :D)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Isowen - Lost City
    Isowen - Lost City Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    @Isowen: rofl ur lvl 46, u *attempt* to pk them, turn pink and then get 1hit ko'ed and drop some inventory items and start spamming world chat about how unfair life is.

Please just get a life and stop badmouthing the pve server.

Than again maybe I'm wrong, the answer to the meaning of life is actually: "N00bs, I just PK all my problems away"

Thats plain bs, if I get ksd its by people who would need the same mobs as me so are most probably around the same lvl as me, and I've been very succesfull at pking people around my lvl. And on top of that I never whine on world chat when I get pkd, I pk people myself so its natural I get pkd by higher lvls from time to time, and I can live with that (and i use guardian angels so dont drop my stuff)

The point of my comment was not to badmouth everyone on the pve server but just that if you cant deal with ksing (which will always happen on a pve server) you should go to LC...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your tears are so tasty and sweet! Let me taste your tears of unfathomable sadness!

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • haku
    haku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    while you can pk ks'ers on pvp server, you can also get pk'ed in turn. I really doubt that the same ppl who can't handle ks'ing will be that much better at handling pk'ing.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2008
    I believe you should run one and a half cirlcles counter-clockwise then run one and a half clockwise to create a balance.
    I'm really not supposed to tell you this, but... If you do the dance emote at the end of your circles (make sure you have the chicken by this point, that part's critical), then you'll also get a giant golden glowing arrow descending from the sky to point at the monster with a big announcement that says, "ATTENTION: <NAME> IS GOING TO KILL THIS MONSTER."
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

edited October 2008
    PvP servers were fun when I use to run around in Wow, but I seem to have more fun in the PvE servers here. Some people tend to take things a little too seriously when they get pk'ed. They start bad mouthing them and I don't like hearing people getting mad over a game. I rather drink my coffee, run around in groups with people and chat while we're farming. (I don't know people in-game yet, but I'm sure I'll meet some really fun individuals :D)

Sanai darlin'... don't know what server youa re on, but if youa re on Heaven's Tear send me, Kahlan, or Shota a tell :-)
  • sanai01
    edited October 2008
    surtr wrote: »
    I'm really not supposed to tell you this, but... If you do the dance emote at the end of your circles (make sure you have the chicken by this point, that part's critical), then you'll also get a giant golden glowing arrow descending from the sky to point at the monster with a big announcement that says, "ATTENTION: <NAME> IS GOING TO KILL THIS MONSTER."

LOL. So that's what I've been missing! I knew there was something that just wasn't quite right!! Wait. Where do I get a chicken?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• sanai01
    edited October 2008
    Sanai darlin'... don't know what server youa re on, but if youa re on Heaven's Tear send me, Kahlan, or Shota a tell :-)

Awww, I'm at Sanctuary :(

I figured if I was going to start a new game might as well start at their newest server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Miriel - Heavens Tear
    Miriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    LoL.. I love my server... real or not. I think my complete lack of testosterone makes me find little satisfaction in the PK process. Enjoy your server as much as I do mine :-)

Oh my coffee... another player without testosterone!

You are now one of my new favourite people. Thanks for the good laughs.

And just wondering, but do we need to wear special clothes to show our psychic bond with the monster?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=61531
    edited October 2008
    Oh my coffee... another player without testosterone!

You are now one of my new favourite people. Thanks for the good laughs.

And just wondering, but do we need to wear special clothes to show our psychic bond with the monster?

<3 You are now one of my favourites too! The world is getting too grey, we need more laughs :-)

Ideally if you wear clothing that matches the monster's skin color for non-flying critters, or dying your hair (or wearing a hat) to match the plumage on flying beasties will help cement that psychic bond!
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Cause I tried running anti-clockwise and at the 2 and half round the universe collapsed.

You shouldn't have divided by zero?
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.