Phoenix and Hercule for werefoxes with Expansion?

one4all
one4all Posts: 17 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
Hello All,

I read on www.perfectworld.com/expansion that there will be new battlepets.I'd love to be able to buy a phoenix or hercule from the Item mall.(yes even at their probably ridiculous price)

Do u think this will come with the upcoming expansion?

I also have friends who play other versions of perfect world,they say that non-veno's will eventually get a weaker version of battlepets.Any body got additional info on this?

Happy Grind-o-ween=)
Post edited by one4all on

Comments

• Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    one4all wrote: »
    Hello All,

I read on www.perfectworld.com/expansion that there will be new battlepets.I'd love to be able to buy a phoenix or hercule from the Item mall.(yes even at their probably ridiculous price)

Do u think this will come with the upcoming expansion?

I also have friends who play other versions of perfect world,they say that non-veno's will eventually get a weaker version of battlepets.Any body got additional info on this?

Happy Grind-o-ween=)

Hope not. With the current zen to coins ratio, any veno will be able to afford one. PVP will be a nightmare
  • one4all
    edited October 2008
    Hoping they make it like 100$ so only crazy people like me will get it b:laugh Anybody else know?
    edited October 2008
    Hoping they make it like 100$ so only crazy people like me will get it b:laugh Anybody else know?

Even $100 is affordable in game. That's only 10M. I'm sure a lot of venos already have that much saved up already.
  • one4all
    edited October 2008
    I sure hope it's not like in PW-MY or the other versions where u need to buy zillion expensive as hell eggs in order to get lucky and get a phoenix or hercule.

GM confirmation perhaps?
  • Tiament - Heavens Tear
    Tiament - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Honestly,I hope they don't get released period. However, since it's 100% certian they will be released eventually,I really hope they're either hard as hell to get,or insanely exspensive. Not because I hate werefox, but because I'm afraid it will completely **** the game's balance, both in PVP and PVE.
  • one4all
    edited October 2008
    It doesn't...The game is and will stay balanced.When people pvp with a werefox they totally ignore the pet and go head on to the player.A werefox usually being int/or hybrid dies very fast.lets say 2-3 hits,The same amount it would take a Werefox to kill u with a pet.Offcourse this is in general,specifically gear,skill,lvl etc play a big role as well.The point of a phoenix is to give that greater balance during pvp's.All class' have it's up and downs.

~One
    edited October 2008
    It doesn't...The game is and will stay balanced.When people pvp with a werefox they totally ignore the pet and go head on to the player.A werefox usually being int/or hybrid dies very fast.lets say 2-3 hits,The same amount it would take a Werefox to kill u with a pet.Offcourse this is in general,specifically gear,skill,lvl etc play a big role as well.The point of a phoenix is to give that greater balance during pvp's.All class' have it's up and downs.

~One

Bleed from Pets is still bugged. I lost a duel in 3 ticks from Bleed to a lvl 74 Veno. Think of the damage bleed will have from legendary pets when they have self attack buffs. Unbalanced.

Edit: Try going against a hell veno that uses guerilla tactics. Most annoying.
  • Georgebush - Lost City
    Georgebush - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    sorry but wf doesnt die in 2-3 hits, those are the ones that doesn't know how to make a proper build.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Bleed isnt bugged anymore. I tested it weeks ago and a lvl3 bleed on a player that was 5 levels lower than my pet only took 20 dmg from it.

The game is balanced, ppl just like to be envious and resentfull when they dont get a shiney new toy and another class gets one.
    edited October 2008
    Bleed isnt bugged anymore. I tested it weeks ago and a lvl3 bleed on a player that was 5 levels lower than my pet only took 20 dmg from it.

The game is balanced, ppl just like to be envious and resentfull when they dont get a shiney new toy and another class gets one.

Did you use it on a arcane armor opponent? I took 600+ dmg a tick. I asked the veno how much it ticks on mobs, and he said 500-600 a tick. Seems bugged to me. I'll test it again.
  • one4all
    edited October 2008

yep..I was gonna say that but mehh pointing out motives is too troublesome,u'll see,people will get defensive;)

On another note,besides the phoenix ,hercule and dalmation or something are there any other (cash shop)battlepets in other versions of perfect world?

If not,a GM confirmation is not even needed.Probability is huge that they will be coming out.
    edited October 2008
    Tested it again on a lvl 70 veno. I took 540 damage a tick. Looks bugged to me.

Was tested using a lvl 70 small dodo bear. Regular hits from the bear was around 200. The bleed effect ticked for 540. You can notice from those numbers that it is still very much bugged.

Incase you don't know what the bug is, the bleed effect from pets do 100% damage in pvp. Damage in pvp is suppose to get nerfed (not sure on exact percent, but maybe by 75%?) The bug is NOT ignore defense. Defense is still applied so heavy armored are not really affected by this.
  • Tiament - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    *shrugs*I'm hardly resentfull about werefoxes getting a "shiney new toy". And as earlier stated,a werefox built with PVP in mind can be a lot harder to kill in 3 hits. Now,if bleed truely is fixed,then ok I'm perfectly fine with these battle pets. But with a glitched bleed....these pets are a bit more then a shiney new toy,unless you consider a nuke a toy anyways.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    As of now, Battle Pets are a planned part of the Expansion. We realize that some of you have some concerns regarding the Flesh Ream skill and we are looking into it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Sorry blessing, I stand corrected on that then. I used a sawfly on a arcane user(priest). We where both pretty low lvl tho I think it was lvl 40 and 45 at the time. They should just remove the whole ripping bit skill from pets then, there is plenty of other ones that can hold agro on mobs just as well.

Maybe its only the land based pets that get the good dmg?

I don't pvp at all, I just really miss my herc I had on the other server! That guy can hold agro properly and it doesnt die when 3 mobs stare at it with slightly angry looks.
  • Kyou - Heavens Tear
    Kyou - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    As of now, Battle Pets are a planned part of the Expansion. We realize that some of you have some concerns regarding the Flesh Ream skill and we are looking into it.

*shameless cut-in*

Are you considering the fact that Cleric skills "Chromatic Seal" and "Silence Seal" aren't working correctly outside of PvP as they should? That "Ironheart Blessing" craps out after 1-2 seconds time to time? That buffs get auto removed time to time even though you still have the clock on them ticking? That when you use apothecary items for HP or MP buff, it's useless because being buffed with cleric HP or MP buff skills removes it?

I honestly hope you are b:bye
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    venos are the fastest leveling class, and make (by a looooooong shot) the most money, they can tank both magic and physical monsters and deal a great deal of damage, they're the best solo class by far, however this is balanced by the fact that they're not very good at PvP.

And yet (when they're released) they get an uber good pet tank in hercules and a pet that can almost (according to some people, maybe they're wrong) 1hitko a WEREBEAST

I don't see how thats balanced.
  • Tiament - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    markillian wrote: »
    venos are the fastest leveling class, and make (by a looooooong shot) the most money, they can tank both magic and physical monsters and deal a great deal of damage, they're the best solo class by far, however this is balanced by the fact that they're not very good at PvP.

And yet (when they're released) they get an uber good pet tank in hercules and a pet that can almost (according to some people, maybe they're wrong) 1hitko a WEREBEAST

While I agree with you on the pets,I'd like to make some things clear

In order for them to effectively tank physical mobs,it would require either heavy or maybe light armor,which in my opinion,gimps their magic attack. Hence why most who do that use fox form,but this does leave them much more vulnerable to magic attacks as a result. Also,werefoxes CAN be good at PVP, be it because of the glitched bleed skill or not. If you end up against a werefox that was built with PVP in mind,do NOT underestimate them as you may end up regretting it. Although that holds true for every class.

I know it's off topic,but I get tired of people saying any class isn't very good at PVP.
  • Wei - Heavens Tear
    Wei - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2008

What do you mean? Nerf veno's pvp to balance out its pve?

The reasoning fails.

PS: I confirm that the pet skill "Flesh ream" is bugged.
  • markillian
    edited October 2008
    isn't the pet the one that tanks the mob, not the veno, so the armour doesn't matter?

And I agree, this game is very good because the classes are all balanced, and every one of the 6 classes can be a formidable oponent in PvP.
  • markillian
    edited October 2008
    What do you mean? Nerf veno's pvp to balance out its pve?

The reasoning fails.

what do you mean by Nerf? I'm talking about not overpowering (if you think having a pet that can almost 1hitko a werebeast isn't overpowered, you fail)

The one draw back of venos atm is that they're not (generally, of course it dependson the the player and build) super duper at PvP, if you give them super duper PvP pets that unbalances the game doesn't it?

and anyways people have said that venos can be good at pvp, so with those 2 pets the people who would be good would become ubergodly
  • Foxgodz - Heavens Tear
    Foxgodz - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Talk about exaggerating.Alot of People hate balance,alot of people want their favorite class to be overpowered instead,thus u get tons of un-substiantated suspicion without any evidence to back any of the claims up.So far this thread is full of it.Prove that the phoenix-hercule,one hits a WB(of same lvl) first before u make such a huge assumption.

About the bleed,I don't know half as much as the GM's know about it.If it brings balance GM's leave it be.If it's really overpowering as people seem to be believe,change it.
    I've got one question left though.Maybe u can confirm this Xarfox.

Will the battlepets come in a standard pay-one-time get the pet product or will it will be like the other versions of perfect world where people get an egg with a random tiny chance of getting one of the battlepets?

If it's nr 2,pray ur wallet is gonna be blessed^^

~One
  • Truvisionary - Sanctuary
    Truvisionary - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    sorry but wf doesnt die in 2-3 hits, those are the ones that doesn't know how to make a proper build.

Veno will die in a few hits with almost every build. Heavy build has no Vit so it dies quickly, and Arcane has no Def. Light can stand up to about 6 or 7 hits, still not that much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008

WF can't, in any capacity, cripple a WB in a few hits (except by draining his mana). The pet is a oneshot to the WB, the WB is a one-hundred shot to the pet.

Pheonix is OP because it has a 100% self-damage buff, and thus Rip can oneshot light and robe classes who aren't pure Con builds; and having a heiro does little to prevent it. It's like a light build getting crit by a mage, except the crit lasts for 10 seconds so you don't just go Q_Q because you got oneshot, but you Q_Q because you got a DoT thrown on you and there's almost nothing you can do to prevent dying from it 10 seconds later.

I honestly don't see a problem with it, as it's only truly lethal to slow clothies (MG, EP), and the pet itself is a oneshot to any cloth class (including other WFs, just Iron Rock it and sweep it off the field). Nobody has a problem with a WB running up to the WF and Perditioning to oneshot both the WF and its pet (or any class which the Rip can oneshot), or a mage crit oneshotting basically everything which isn't a WB or in cloth. So why all the tears because WF has a missile you can derail by looking at with a scary face? Imagine if you could put Perdition on cooldown by attacking the WB before he hit you with it: That's a WF pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Onishi - Heavens Tear
    Onishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Here's what I never quite understood when I hear veno's defending the new pet

"we are perfectly balanced now, and we will be perfectly balanced when the new pet comes in"

Hold up here, if you are already equal, and you are then strengthened, how are you still going to be equal.

Also people say "everyone get's mad when a class get's a new toy", I disagree with that, the thing is, everyone get's mad when things are semi-balanced and the 1 class that seems like it's slightly unbalanced get's a new toy, and there is absolutely no room for any other classes to get a toy.
    Can you picture any new toy that will strengthen a barb?
    Do you imagine there being a toy for blademasters in the next 3 years?
    When one class get's a toy and the others have one coming soon, that's one thing. When one class get's a toy.. and that's where the story ends. Then yeah it's kinda unfair.

Secondly yes I personally dislike concepts of veno's, I personally think it's kind of silly that 1. they are the only class with STRONG HP and MP regen abilities etc... making them the least dependent on potions/charms of any class

Then on top of that, pet tanks for them, making them the least expensive in terms of armor repairs.

Able to solo FBs, TTs etc... making them the fastest for getting money.
    Only class able to tame and create all class pets. Making a secondary money making ability.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but EVERY other class has a huge hit in the bank, that veno's don't get. really I don't know of any other class that has extra money making abilities besides veno. (well I guess healers who ***** themselves, but really much as I try that, it rarely even pays for the charms I use while whoring 8P)
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Secondly yes I personally dislike concepts of veno's, I personally think it's kind of silly that 1. they are the only class with STRONG HP and MP regen abilities etc... making them the least dependent on potions/charms of any class

You had me till you got to that line.

They're the least dependant on potions because of the pet tank. Without the pet tank they're the most consumable dependant, because they have the weakest HP/MP regen in the game.

The only reason WF is percieved to be able to operate without mana pots, is because of Intersoul Switch. And IS is only viable if the WF isn't being attacked (and therefore can use both HP and MP pools as if they were MP). Otherwise, the WF is forced to rely on its five-minute cooldown 40% HP and MP regen abilities.

A WB will regen more from Con-based regen PER MINUTE than the WF's skills will restore every five.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Onishi - Heavens Tear
    Onishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    puppetsoul wrote: »
    You had me till you got to that line.

They're the least dependant on potions because of the pet tank. Without the pet tank they're the most consumable dependant, because they have the weakest HP/MP regen in the game.

The only reason WF is percieved to be able to operate without mana pots, is because of Intersoul Switch. And IS is only viable if the WF isn't being attacked (and therefore can use both HP and MP pools as if they were MP). Otherwise, the WF is forced to rely on its five-minute cooldown 40% HP and MP regen abilities.

A WB will regen more from Con-based regen PER MINUTE than the WF's skills will restore every five.

True. still though, only class that actually getting hit while soloing, is the exception rather then the rule. The WF actually being the one attacked is a pretty rare scenario, assuming they use their pet properly. Generally in my experience teaming with them as my cleric. Even using the HP to fill MP skill every chance they get... they still need healed at most 1/4th as often as any other class.

the WB may regen alot more HP, but the WB is also losing HP every fight, rather then 1 out of 5 fights.
  • missus
    missus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    only the phoenix is a pvp pet. hercules walks so slowly that your opponent would "have to slip on a banana peel" to get killed by him. he is a pve tank.

phoenix is an air pet, so if i understand right, he does less damage to people on the ground. he is also very bright and shiny, which makes the werefox stand out like a giant shining beacon of come kick my **** out in the open. it would be a terrible pet imo in TW - just because bright giant shiny floaty things are easy targets. the third pet is a turtle, and i have only seen 1 pic of him. i presume he is water only.

the odds of getting any single pet on the malaysian server are estimated at 1:500. so if you were going to get a pet, 1:3 chance its a phoenix, on 1:500 chance of getting a pet in the first place. some people have reportedly spent as much as $300 cash to get their pet. so i doubt you will see the server being flooded with uber pvp god pets (which is only the phoenix) any time soon.
  • Ordain - Lost City
    Ordain - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    To be honest, I hope that the phoenix and hercules are never released. I've had to put up with them before on PW-CN and it was ridiculous. I played a WB and they were still a major annoyance. Now that im playing a mage, It drives me crazy that i have to kite around in every battle from a PET.

The Facts are:

-WF is the fastest solo leveler.
    -WF's can solo farm HH/TT at relatively low costs to themselves.
    -It is by far the most lucrative class to play.
    -High level hell werefoxes can just kite around while their pets kill everyone.
    - And with the flesh ream bug, WF's are one of the strongest PvP classes. Seeing as they can kill a robe class with only 1 skill from their pet. Hell, Im light armor atm and ripping bite still ticks me for 400-52x damage. Not to mention, I tested this with a WF who was several levels below me.
    -For those of you saying WF's are the easiest class to kill? Not true, At endgame WF's can socket their gear just like everyone else to make them extremely strong. Not to mention, Magic classes have an extremely difficult time trying to beat a robe WF in 1v1. Seeing as they have a 1 shot pet + their own skill damage.

GM's please look into the matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    puppetsoul wrote: »
    WF can't, in any capacity, cripple a WB in a few hits (except by draining his mana). The pet is a oneshot to the WB, the WB is a one-hundred shot to the pet.

Pheonix is OP because it has a 100% self-damage buff, and thus Rip can oneshot light and robe classes who aren't pure Con builds; and having a heiro does little to prevent it. It's like a light build getting crit by a mage, except the crit lasts for 10 seconds so you don't just go Q_Q because you got oneshot, but you Q_Q because you got a DoT thrown on you and there's almost nothing you can do to prevent dying from it 10 seconds later.

I honestly don't see a problem with it, as it's only truly lethal to slow clothies (MG, EP), and the pet itself is a oneshot to any cloth class (including other WFs, just Iron Rock it and sweep it off the field). Nobody has a problem with a WB running up to the WF and Perditioning to oneshot both the WF and its pet (or any class which the Rip can oneshot), or a mage crit oneshotting basically everything which isn't a WB or in cloth. So why all the tears because WF has a missile you can derail by looking at with a scary face? Imagine if you could put Perdition on cooldown by attacking the WB before he hit you with it: That's a WF pet.
    @Puppet : You must be God with your reasoning ;D thanks

Ordain you just listed a number of factors veno's are good at. We get to level slower considering the fact that we're the only class that can't zhen. So go ahead nerf Ripping bite but then give us the ability to zhen with a spammable aoe skill and that will be fine. Pri por Quo >_>