Yansheng

kargor
kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
Anything "special" about that guy? I mean, other than his insane number of hitpoints.

Basically, I had him down to almost nothing, and next second I was dead. And from where I was standing, he was still bashing my megalith like all the time before... some ranged attack? I don't know how "aggroish" the pet healing is, but on the rare occasion I see the monsters turning away from the megalith... but not this time.

I double checked the messages, it said that he killed me, not some random monster that might have spawned on my head.
Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
Getting too grindy by now :-(
Post edited by kargor on

Comments

• Daoshi - Heavens Tear
    Daoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    As far as I can tell, he has an aoe attack. No idea how large an area it covers though.
  • kargor
    kargor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Hm... it's certainly not visible...

Or maybe, with my unique success (after all, the NPCs keep telling me how great I am... and I seem to be the first one to fly as well, since the NPC even had to finish his research (with my help, of course) before he could hand me the beast) the big bad guy decided to put an end to it before I put an end to him :-) I have single handedly recovered all sorts of things, killed all sorts of monsters and saved a few villages already... so maybe he noticed that something wasn't going according to plan.

I have no clue what the other players are doing. There can't be that many lost artifacts and villages to save, so I guess General Summers and the guys are right... everyone else is a looser.
    Yindra --- Lvl 64 Venomancer (Sanctuary)
    Getting too grindy by now :-(
  • Altheabree - Heavens Tear
    Altheabree - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I am actually on the Yansheng quest but dont know where he is...usually I find things no problem...a little help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • Daoshi - Heavens Tear
    Daoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    He's somewhere around the mines, on a ledge if I remember correctly. You might have to wait a while for him to respawn though.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    He is on the upper of two plateaus at the mine area. He does have an AOE attack. I suspect that the OP, despite amazing performance in a series of truly unique quests, must have forgotten to watch the old HP bar because the animation for Yansheng looks like he just does typical melee damage.