About the Expansion...

Isquall - Heavens Tear
Isquall - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
It says there are new weapons and equipment. So does that mean there are Greatswords? And other stuff?
Post edited by Isquall - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Deadbone - Sanctuary
    Deadbone - Sanctuary Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    www.perfectworld.com/expansion
    Now u know what we do :)
  • Magiterry - Lost City
    Magiterry - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    lol yay! maybe with the expansion they will also implement some good performance tweaks for the game as a whole.

I cant wait!!
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    What I find weird is. The "New" skills advertised to come with the expansion are already in our skill trees. Not to mention that some people already reached the necessary lvl to learn them. So, are those skills in our skill tree but not yet useable or what?

Either way, they're not New and shouldn't be advertised as such, I got all excited and then was bummed out thinking 'oh..wtf is new about them I'm read their description countless times in my skill tree'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tvali - Lost City
    Tvali - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    What I find weird is. The "New" skills advertised to come with the expansion are already in our skill trees. Not to mention that some people already reached the necessary lvl to learn them. So, are those skills in our skill tree but not yet useable or what?

Either way, they're not New and shouldn't be advertised as such, I got all excited and then was bummed out thinking 'oh..wtf is new about them I'm read their description countless times in my skill tree'.

Maybe they're trying to put the expansion in each individual patch, a bit at a time, so the entire expansion patch won't be a killer to download all at once. XD So parts of the expansion are already here, and they have yet to be activated...? I'm not really sure, but that sounds reasonable to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tvali - Director of the wonderful guild Epitaph.
  • shadowxdestroyer
    shadowxdestroyer Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    does anyone know what would happen when the expansion comes out? Will we need to start over or do we need to get to a certain level before we could go on the expansion?
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    the expansion is just like a patch
  • Sereniama - Heavens Tear
    Sereniama - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I cant wait until it comes out!

Possibly we can go south of Black Stronghold to Wraith Stronghold? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sou Sou Moutoku = The most badass **** in Anime History. Never diss Kohime Musou or die.
  • Isquall - Heavens Tear
    Isquall - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I know about the website... But it only says New Weapons and stuff but you can't view it...
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm hoping more territories for TW, that would be just peachy!
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008

As time has gone by we've actually been including bits and pieces of the expansion in our normal weekly patches. This has been done in order to lighten the load of the actual expansion pack when it's pushed live.

Now regarding the skill themselves, they are in your trees but the steps and items required to attain them are not yet in-game and activated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sweaty
    sweaty Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The territories are just starting to get some competition right now. There is no point of having too many territories because then it isnt special to have one.
    Don't Sweat it.
  • Tenderloin - Sanctuary
    Tenderloin - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I only wish they have directional keys instead of WASD+Click to Move.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2008
    sweaty wrote: »
    The territories are just starting to get some competition right now. There is no point of having too many territories because then it isnt special to have one.
    The new areas don't have territories associated with them; competition should remain as fierce as ever.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Darcane - Lost City
    Darcane - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    My memory may be off (as it often tends to be).

I remember closed beta, then finally open beta. Now I hear an announcement for an expansion.

When did we move out of beta? Was there some point that I missed us moving out of beta into an official release?

I must have missed that announcement somewhere or else why would you be putting out an expansion on a game still in beta...
  • Zansu - Sanctuary
    Zansu - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So I have to ask when this expansion comes out your not going to add any expenses to the game are you? I mean I love perfect world but I love it as a free to play game ^_^
  • Darcane - Lost City
    Darcane - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    My memory may be off (as it often tends to be).

I remember closed beta, then finally open beta. Now I hear an announcement for an expansion.

When did we move out of beta? Was there some point that I missed us moving out of beta into an official release?

I must have missed that announcement somewhere or else why would you be putting out an expansion on a game still in beta...

I was hoping to get an answer to this post. I thought I'd make it in an existing thread rather than create a whole new one. Let's see if I need to though.
  • Venoblood - Heavens Tear
    Venoblood - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    They're simply doing things their way Darcane....nowhere does it say in the ten commandments "Thou shalt not updateth a game in beta." I've seen many other games that do the same thing, so it is not anything unjustly done.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    So I have to ask when this expansion comes out your not going to add any expenses to the game are you? I mean I love perfect world but I love it as a free to play game ^_^
    The expansion is free; there is no box purchase involved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eislynn - Sanctuary
    Eislynn - Sanctuary Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I'm actually curious about the expansion....I know that most expansions are geared towards higher levelled players to keep them interested in the games they are playing.

My question is, will there be added content for those who are not yet level 100 or so? If so, what would they be? I know there's new weapons, new skills, but it sounds like those new weapons/skills are for the higher levelled players than for lower levelled players.
    A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity. -Robert Frost
    edited October 2008
    well I'd assume its geared at higer level players cos why would somone that just joined the game 2 weeks ago need any extra content?
    Up to level 60 there is so much stuff u need to learn and get used to, then from 60-90 its all about TT and getting books for heaven/hell skills.

Surely you cant' be bored at lvl 44 already, then you need to go and look around at what the game has to offer already.
  • Eislynn - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    I was just mainly asking because there's a lot less questing for you to do after you hit 40. For example, for the last few levels, I had to grind out 50% to 70% of my levelling, which is something I dislike doing for no reason. I like questing 'cause it at least gives me a bit of the story, and how it progresses. *shrug* There's only two-three quests per level after 40ish.
    A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity. -Robert Frost
  • Sereniama - Heavens Tear
    Sereniama - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I just hope I can become a person in Closed BETA and get free ZEN XD!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sou Sou Moutoku = The most badass **** in Anime History. Never diss Kohime Musou or die.
    edited October 2008
    lol CB is long gone and those free zen is all spent, you're a little late.

Eislynn: its not 100% true that after 40 u suddenly have almost no quests, its up and down at lvl 60 for exmaple you get a buttload of quests again and then it gets less. At lvl 48 I think I had only 1 or 2 quests and was pretty annoyed. Once you are in your 40's you can do fb19's for new players and get 10-12k for that.

Quests should nomally bring you to 30-50% your daily will help a bunch and after that you dont need to just mindlessly grind, I just sat in towns lisetning for newbies that needed fb19. Or since you are 40.. form fb39 parties, the mobs inside the FB's are lots more exp than outside and if you get a good party that can kill the boses you gain even extra exp. Just be REALLY cautious and lure mobs 1 by 1 cos its very easy to die from mistakes there.
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I was just mainly asking because there's a lot less questing for you to do after you hit 40. For example, for the last few levels, I had to grind out 50% to 70% of my levelling, which is something I dislike doing for no reason. I like questing 'cause it at least gives me a bit of the story, and how it progresses. *shrug* There's only two-three quests per level after 40ish.

I haven't had to grind hardly at all so far, maybe at the most 2-5%. When I'm out of quests, I will either pick up DQ's, make sure I get my dailies, or help in FB19's. I like you dislike grinding, so I try to do anything I can to avoid it b:victory
  • Eislynn - Sanctuary
    edited October 2008
    All right, thanks, Smexxyfox and Feraldreamzz! I appreciate your input, and I'll definitely work more on doing those things to keep myself busy and not grind so much. =)
  • sweaty
    sweaty Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The expansion is adding new quests and it doesnt specifically say they will be all for higher level players. What Im saying is the expansion may give you more quests at all levels if you feel like you are gettiong low.
    Don't Sweat it.
  • Xenesis - Lost City
    Xenesis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    well...if you say is hard to grind 70% of lvl 40 , after at lvl 70+ quests are less than 10% nead to grind 90%+... or do fb's, also try to find grinding party its better exp and more fun than solo grind b:victory